FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Furee

Grandiose Power vs. Sandman's Pouch

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114550/grandiose-power

vs. 

http://www.wowhead.com/item=112320&bonus=525

I got my third Grandiose Power today from Garrison Missions and finally decided to actually look at it and see if it would be worth using. My other trinket right now is a 661 Shards of Nothing, and I switch between Affliction and Destruction as dictated by the fight.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Hayles/simple

I'm leaning towards Grandiose + Shards, but wondering if I'd miss the proc for Chaos Bolts + Haunts.

Edited by Furee

I actually have 0 clue about calculating passive stat worth of Sandman's proc, but I'm an Affli myself and I use Sandman's.
Here is some of my own experience:
1)Not ridiculously OP / reel gud as in Destro
2)Gives an awkward feeling that you should make something out of it. 

Weird interaction with dots makes Sandman's questionable in Affli for me( or have this bug been fxd?). I don't have other trinkets, tho
You don't have this many soulshards to dump them into proc, even though Haunt is a cool straight-damage spell. Debuff uptime seems more juicy to me :)

Statstone seems more reliable and also has more int, I think you should try it out.

Just my 2 cents, good luck!

Hello there, 

i would 100% choose for the pouch and shard (as far as destruction goes at least, don't have much knowledge on affliction).

you biggest source of damage as destruction comes from aligning trinket proc's with cooldowns and dumping embers on chaos bolts, you will get SO much more with the pouch and the shard, not only from the proc and use effect, but the raw intellect on shard+pouch is higher aswell. 

hope this helps! 

Shades

12 charges per minute (unglyphed) vs 7.2 charges per minute (glyphed) is why it's a DPS loss

Edited by Noveliss

I thought for multi target you want havoc and if you are single targeting you should be affliction anyway?  You could technically roll dots on fights like twins but fights with multiple adds I don't see that as fun.  I'm probably missing something as per the norm.

I thought for multi target you want havoc and if you are single targeting you should be affliction anyway? You could technically roll dots on fights like twins but fights with multiple adds I don't see that as fun. I'm probably missing something as per the norm.

On Destruction multi target you use the Havoc spell, but rhe glyph of havoc is bad in most situations.