FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cardio33

Pet Damage Expectations

Just wanted to run some numbers by you guys to make sure nothing is off.  Ran my first heroic the other night (6/7) and placed in the 90th-95th percentile on Butcher, Brackenspore, and Tecuts (2xafflic and last as destro).

Tried swapping to cata for Ko'ragh and Imp.  After the raid I compared my pet damage between observer and terrorguard.  A lot smaller difference than I expected:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RLNBMbgnm843D7fz#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=17&by=source

I was getting about 6k dps out of terrorguard (demonic serv) and 2.5-3k out of observer.  I read a few reports of people getting out-dpsed by there pets.  Did people make those comments as jokes to emphasize our reliance on demonic serv or are people actually getting a lot more damage out of terrorguard than I am?

The getting out DPSd by the Terrorguard is an exaggeration. In reality these claims are more likely based around the fact that it is often your highest source of damage. It can do up to 30% of your overall damage depending on spec and encounter.

• Like 1

I found something pretty interesting and will put it into use in a raid setting shortly.  Has anyone tried running afflic w/ SB:haunt and glyph of demon training?

It nearly doubled my imp dps on a target dummy:

w/o glyph ~ 2.2k dps

with glyph ~ 3.8k dps

I also tried void shield in a raid and it was crap, critting for 10-15k, I think they nerfed it significantly since it was OP on Garrosh SOO.  It seems to no longer proc in pvp, a few weeks ago I was getting 40k crits

But how much DAMAGE did your Imp do?

This question gets asked all the time but the truth is that because the Imp is energy based, it still does the same damage, just split up in bursts of 3 as opposed to continuously casting.

Recount or whatever might show DPS to be higher, but it's only doing that because of the large delays in your Imp attacking. 

I believe its a DPS loss during hero to have Demon Training, as without the imp is able to cast a lot faster due to energy regen.