FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Mage Mech Aggro

Rag instead of Antonidas is ok, but as you say you do become pretty exposed to BGH. Against Grim Patron Warrior you need to 

just be as aggressive as possible. It's not a fantastic matchup, but you'll have the most success by just relentlessly rushing them down and not giving them time to setup their Grim Patron turns. Patron Warriors don't play all the life gain tools that Control 
Warriors do, so they are vulnerable to rush.

If you want to tech against them a little more, you can include Water Elementals in place of one Shredder and one Tinkertown in order to get some more Freezing power, or tech in an Ooze. You can also take a look at the Blingtron/Harrision build on the site that is much stronger against Warrior, but you might not have the cards for that one.

Guest robin

Hi, i don't own neither of dr.boom and antonidas, if i have the arcane dust to create any of those, which would u create?

Guest SteLizard

Leeroy Jenkins instead of Azure Drake?

Guest SNake101

As an experienced mech mage player I would recommend trying your best to get either boom or antonidas, without either the deck has no late game threats against control decks or strong finishers against midrange. Good substitutions would be Piloted Sky Golem, Flamestrike, or even Pyroblast as I've seen some people play lately. If I could choose one I'd say craft dr. Boom and put in Pyroblast, alternative would be craft Antonidas and put in Piloted Sky Golem.

Leeroy Jenkins serves no purpose as this is not a Face deck, but an aggro/midrange deck that relies on board control more than anything else. You are not supposed to lack finishers thanks to double fireball, double frostbold, antonidas and all your spare parts, and you are really dependent on the card draw from Azure Drake(I actually swopped out Drake for Harrison a few days back as the current meta allows it for better value than Drake).

I'm not sottle but I have played my fair share of over 700 games with mech mage on high ladder so I believe my advice is applicable.

Guest ADubs

So the only card I'm missing in this deck is Antonidas, what would you suggest I sub in for it? I first had a Piloted Sky Golem, but then Patron Warriors and Face Hunters plagued my matches so I switched to a Flamestrike. Perhaps there's a better sub than these two cards, flamestrike has been decent for me

I think Sky Golem is significantly better than Flamestrike. If you are encountering a LOT of Patrons, then Flamestrike is ok, but I wouldn't include Flamestrike as an option against Face Hunter at all. 

Guest Zach

What do you believe would be the more beneficial swap for Antonidas, Black Knight or Rag?

Rag-8 guaranteed damage, but BGH.

BK-Dealing with mid-game walls, but already have Fireballs.

Guest NicJames

Thanks for this - needed a quick start to learning how to win with a Mage other than frost and built this deck quickly with stuff I had and some dust all except for Archmage Antonidas

Played casual. Played 5 games, won 5 games.

What do you believe would be the more beneficial swap for Antonidas, Black Knight or Rag?

Rag-8 guaranteed damage, but BGH.

BK-Dealing with mid-game walls, but already have Fireballs.

Rag.

Belcher is the only consistent target for TBK in the meta right now, and it still doesn't get dealt with entirely.

Guest gay

i have problem with this deck since i cannot win nothing. Secret Pal,Control decks and more are just too hard to stomp on. Any ideas how to deal with them?

I'm going to need more specifics than that, Secret Pally is probably just a bad matchup, I don't think i've got to play it at all yet, but in theory it seems bad in my head. Most Control decks you should do decently against though.

Guest Kelvincold

Biggest prob right now is Dragon Priest and lose mostly to Hunter. I am destroying the ridler paladin currently rank 14.

I think it's one too many late-game bombs, the deck is so aggressive that you often don't need the mass of Fireballs at the end, just one or two should suffice.

Guest xero

Fel Reaver is totally fine, Micro Machine is definitely worth considering, but I favour the more difficult to remove minions, it's a lot easier to get the minions in this deck to stick to the board, so they'll often get to attack more than once and end up doing more damage than a Micro Machine anyway. And yeah, Junkbot is precisely as you said, too situational, not to mention you're not really in the business of your Mechs dying anyway, you want them to live!

Would Fel Reavers still be viable options for this deck? What would I replace? Or should I go with the Legendary Mage Fel Reaver deck if I wanted to play them? Thanks!

Sign in to follow this