FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Mage Mech Aggro

what do you think about putting gazlowe in there?

I think it would give good extra mechs, no?

Yep, definitely worth trying.

Guest Kvothe

I replaced Loatheb with Gazlowe, it gives more options later game if you save your spare part cards, also rolling Archmage Antonidas instead of Dr boom. Antonidas and Gazlowe compliment each other nicely if you can get them on the board together, I often play Antonidas and give him stealth if I have it from the spare part cards, then play Gazlowe next turn and throw out the fireballs, each fireball played gives ypu another fireball and a random mech. Its a vicious cycle and 9/10 its too overwhelming for any opponent.

Right, you need to be careful about putting combos like that in your deck. Sure it's amazing in the dream scenario, but for all that to have come together, think of everything that's needed to happen. You need to have drawn Antonidas and Gazlowe and still had a nice curve to play out early, you need to have gathered several spare parts, one of the them has to be Stealth, and your opponent needs to not have a board clear for a stealthed minion.

Not saying the idea is bad, just be careful of clinging on to that one time everything worked out perfectly.

I have been playing a variation of this deck. The main changes i have made is remove the fireballs and frostbolts (and boom because i dont have him) and add toshley antonidas sneeds rag and black knight, one flamestrike. I also had one enhanco mechano for the fun and a kel thuzad. I felt with this mech mage that when the opponent put down stuff like sludge or tyrion, or anything that required removal I had more tools to my disposal and more late game. Kel thuzad was annoying mostly, taunt spare part into black knight can remove the youghest of creatures, antonidas gave late game and rag some extra bit of removal oh i also had a ancient heal golem because i felt that with my more late game aimed deck rush decks destroyed me

Do you have any thoughts on this? I can link a screenshot of the deck if you want to see it in its entirety

Guest Veiregor

i dont have dr boom.i was thinking of replacing it with a fel reaver.but is it worth?any other replacment?i tryed flamestrike but it wasnt as effective as i thought it would xP

i dont have dr boom.i was thinking of replacing it with a fel reaver.but is it worth?any other replacment?i tryed flamestrike but it wasnt as effective as i thought it would xP

I feel that with the high amount of zoo players fel reaver is dangeerous

Guest Walle

Hi Sottle love your guides man! I´m pretty new to HS but bought naxx and managed to get allmost every mech in this deck and the rest I can DE to get. However Dr.Boom is not available for me at the moment. I read your comment that Dr.Boom could be replaced with Flamestrike if you don´t have legendaries but what about put Kel´thuzad in this deck instead of Dr.boom/Flamestrike until I get him? If you feel like you have board control which I assume is the key to this deck and go into mid/late and your opponent dropping some big ones. Then you could just trade every minion you have on your board and drop Kel´thuzad to get them right back in action? What do you Think? Flamestrike or Kel´thuzad?

KT is not something i've tested yet, but a team mate brought up the idea to me the other night, and it honestly doesn't sound terrible. Give it a try and see how it turns out for you!

Guest latonx

Don't even try this deck, i won like 2/15 duels in ranked around rank 11

Don't even try this deck, i won like 2/15 duels in ranked around rank 11

Mech Mage is currently one of the best constructed decks and several high legend ranked players play this deck (or a very similar variant). Sometimes you know, it's not the deck's fault if you can't progress. The game is much more about just throwing out cards from your hand randomly.

• Like 2

Hi Sottle love your guides man! I´m pretty new to HS but bought naxx and managed to get allmost every mech in this deck and the rest I can DE to get. However Dr.Boom is not available for me at the moment. I read your comment that Dr.Boom could be replaced with Flamestrike if you don´t have legendaries but what about put Kel´thuzad in this deck instead of Dr.boom/Flamestrike until I get him? If you feel like you have board control which I assume is the key to this deck and go into mid/late and your opponent dropping some big ones. Then you could just trade every minion you have on your board and drop Kel´thuzad to get them right back in action? What do you Think? Flamestrike or Kel´thuzad?

Has anyone tried using KT instead of Boom? I am still testing, but since the idea of the deck is to gain board control and KT is useless if you dont have a board already, it seems like a good card. I do realise that Boom is better, but is KT a solution for less wealthy players? I will tell you how it works out, but I don't have boom to compare the results.

Edited by Elldorin

I did actually try it briefly, it worked out pretty poorly.

It turns out that around turn 7-8 is the point where your opponent is starting to wrestle some control back, so you want something to slam and be intimidating straight away. The games where you get KT value, you will have had a full board on turn 8-9, and if that's the case, you probably just win anyway.

I see, so what would be a decent replacement for dr boom? Flamestrike? Arcane Intellect? Or probably another card that requires board control like Sea Giant (like in the Sea Giant zoo)?

Edited by Elldorin

You need a big card in the deck that can cause a big impact when you play it and fight for the board. Ragnaros is possible, Piloted Sky Golems are good, Flamestrike is pretty close, but doesn't actually get you onto the board. It may the best alternative if you're on a tight budget though.

Hello,

I have enough to craft another legendary and as I've been using this deck quite often, I was wondering what your thoughts would be on crafting Mimiron's Head for this deck? Thought it might be a fit because of the high amount of mech cards, and adds another to the deck.

But was also thinking of crafting Cairne or Sneed's Old Shredder, don't know if they'd fit well in this current deck, but figured if they don't at least they might be useful in other decks I run, didn't want to spend the dust without being sure.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Yungbo

hi everyone! I just need some thoughts on the micro-machine!! Does this card worth it at all? people seems to dislike it and i'm not sure why... this card seems to be very powerful to me and can go out of control easily if not taken care quick enough. I'm gonna do some test but i'm very interested in what you guys think about it. ty :)

Hello,

I have enough to craft another legendary and as I've been using this deck quite often, I was wondering what your thoughts would be on crafting Mimiron's Head for this deck? Thought it might be a fit because of the high amount of mech cards, and adds another to the deck.

But was also thinking of crafting Cairne or Sneed's Old Shredder, don't know if they'd fit well in this current deck, but figured if they don't at least they might be useful in other decks I run, didn't want to spend the dust without being sure.

Thank you in advance.

None of those cards are particularly strong in this deck, but Sneed's is a useful card to have in your collection for other decks. I would recommend that if you're missing some important Rare or Epic cards, you spend dust on those instead. Filling out your collection with multiple cards will usually be more important than blowing 1,600 dust on a single Legendary.

hi everyone! I just need some thoughts on the micro-machine!! Does this card worth it at all? people seems to dislike it and i'm not sure why... this card seems to be very powerful to me and can go out of control easily if not taken care quick enough. I'm gonna do some test but i'm very interested in what you guys think about it. ty smile.png

Micro Machine is just too fragile. There are games where it goes unanswered and it spirals out of control, but generally, having stickier minions with either higher health, or Deathrattle is more beneficial. The basis of this deck is getting things to stick to the board to build an advantage with Tinkertowns and Blastmage's, so you want your stuff to be as hard to remove as possible.

Any thoughts on replacing Dr. Boom with Foe Reaper 4000? Does the 8 mana cost make this card unplayable? It is a mech, and a decent threat considering its effect, and the fact that it dodges BGH, no?

It's just too slow unfortunately. Foe Reaper is an awesome card that I wish was good, but investing 8 Mana to drop it on the board, and have it do nothing until the following turn is just such a drop in Tempo that it often gives your opponent a chance to recover.

Imagine you're in a decent position with one or two minions on board, you drop Reaper for 8 Mana against a Mage or Shaman. They then Hex or Polymorph it for much less Mana than you spent to play it, and they have additional Mana left over to deal with the rest of your board and catch back up in the game. At least with Boom, if that same situation happens, they still have the problem of the Boom Bots to deal with.

Guest MusicalBitch

Thanks very much for this deck, im still only starting to play game and I like to play mage a lot, I managet to get all cards except the legendaries, gonna save for them now, just wanted to say thanks, it works really well for me and is fun to play smile.png

Do you think Sea Giant is viable with this deck? I'm trying to figure out a replacement for Dr. Boom, heh.

I have Flamestrike in his place at the moment but I'm contemplating minions I could use instead. Sea Giant, in theory, would work around the issue of using a full turn to play it (as Foe Reaper requires). It's still vulnerable to removal, but would cost less than Foe Reaper in basically every scenario I think.

In terms of the effect they have on the board, Flamestrike is much more comparable to Dr. Boom, so maybe it's correct to just keep it. Perhaps I could cut something else and include Sea Giant AND Flamestrike? Probably incorrect.

Just throwing ideas out there. :P Thanks for all your insight. :)

Honestly, the best cheap alternative to Boom is just Pyroblast. It's functioning as a finisher more than a board control tool, just something to finally break the opponent's back once you've done the work early.

Piloted Sky Golem is good too. This is all assuming you don't have Antonidas either by the way.

Sign in to follow this