FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

Guest Guest

I agree with Vlad also i noticed with us he dares to pick the left platfrom a lot more then the right one (he never went to the one in the middle back) but i'm sure he also will go to there.

When boss is moving right ... he choose right platform, when he is moving left then first choose left ... we pick up him with some fast dot or anything.

I think that work but maybe someone can have some latency or something so cant see it right ....

When we had some pull son this guy yesterday I realized some strange timing things, maybe anyone has experienced something similar or can explain this to me.

What we usualy do to handle Exhale is to stack our ranged and healers right behind the tank so without anybody moving the exhale damage will be soaked by the tank. Since this is a single target fight i specced fury and tried to mitigate some tankdamage by using safeguard on him right when exhale goes of to catch the first tick and give him 20% dmg reduction. This should, in theory, work on every exhale.

[22:09:47.937] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Exhale

[22:09:50.840] Scroungero casts Safeguard on Zânnah

[22:09:51.212] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 22057 (A: 49377)

[22:09:51.212] Zânnah gains Safeguard from Scroungero

[22:09:51.544] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Scroungero 72185 (A: 3732)

[22:09:51.947] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 52610

This is what i expected to happen and what more often that not happend, but there were several occasions like this one:

[21:24:15.813] Scroungero casts Safeguard on Zânnah

[21:24:15.857] Zânnah gains Safeguard from Scroungero

[21:24:16.254] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah Absorb (50048)

... cut some lines ...

[21:24:21.047] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 44274

[21:24:21.847] Scroungero's Safeguard fades from Zânnah

[21:24:21.847] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 40490

[21:24:23.447] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok crits Scroungero *381790* (O: 50742)

[21:24:23.487] Scroungero's Safeguard fades from Zânnah

Safeguard was casted before the first tick and almost 8 seconds after it (and the full duration of exhale) I got crit by melee.

I was quite surprised and stopped this whole safeguarding because its not really needed, but its strange anyways. Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

btw, what about this errormessage when i try to copy & paste from WoL: More images than you are allowed to post.

Do links count as images?

Edited by Scrounger

When we had some pull son this guy yesterday I realized some strange timing things, maybe anyone has experienced something similar or can explain this to me.

What we usualy do to handle Exhale is to stack our ranged and healers right behind the tank so without anybody moving the exhale damage will be soaked by the tank. Since this is a single target fight i specced fury and tried to mitigate some tankdamage by using safeguard on him right when exhale goes of to catch the first tick and give him 20% dmg reduction. This should, in theory, work on every exhale.

[22:09:47.937] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok begins to cast Exhale

[22:09:50.840] Scroungero casts Safeguard on Zânnah

[22:09:51.212] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 22057 (A: 49377)

[22:09:51.212] Zânnah gains Safeguard from Scroungero

[22:09:51.544] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Scroungero 72185 (A: 3732)

[22:09:51.947] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 52610

This is what i expected to happen and what more often that not happend, but there were several occasions like this one:

[21:24:15.813] Scroungero casts Safeguard on Zânnah

[21:24:15.857] Zânnah gains Safeguard from Scroungero

[21:24:16.254] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah Absorb (50048)

... cut some lines ...

[21:24:21.047] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 44274

[21:24:21.847] Scroungero's Safeguard fades from Zânnah

[21:24:21.847] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok Exhale Zânnah 40490

[21:24:23.447] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok crits Scroungero *381790* (O: 50742)

[21:24:23.487] Scroungero's Safeguard fades from Zânnah

Safeguard was casted before the first tick and almost 8 seconds after it (and the full duration of exhale) I got crit by melee.

I was quite surprised and stopped this whole safeguarding because its not really needed, but its strange anyways. Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

btw, what about this errormessage when i try to copy & paste from WoL: More images than you are allowed to post.

This boss is rather buggy, and it was so for us too. We didn't experience this issue specifically, but we did experience many problems with the percentage of his health where he decided to transition. It was far from consistent, let's just say. This is probably what is at play here.

Regarding your second question, I cannot really answer, but Damien might.

I'll let Vlad reply to the rest of what you said. Regarding forum restrictions, there is a limit of 10 images per post and links to images count towards this limit because when you post a link to an image, it will be replaced in your post by a thumbnail of the image you are linking to.

After multiple nights of banging our heads against this boss, my 10man group figured out a few things:

Attenuation platform:

- As stated earlier, the rings spiral right or left, stay at max melee range and circle the boss and you avoid them easily. Alternately, the side-to-side strafe was easier for some ranged, but do not stay too far back as the rings bounce off the walls in funny ways. They also bounce off of players, so it's important that everyone is on this correctly. There should be minimal damage going out here.

- Our goal on this platform was to let the 3rd attenuation start and then push the dps as much as possible during the attenuation. This would extend this platform time as much as possible and shrink the time of another platform.

Force and Verve platform:

- We noticed that the rings are always placed under the boss, close to the boss, and farther away. This allowed us to assign the three teams based upon this definition and significantly reduced the shield scrambling and wipes due to both ranged groups trying to go to the same shield.

- We noticed that there is a yellow outline on the ground a half second before the bubble begins to form and this can provide slightly faster movement if observed.

- Our goal is 2 force and verves.

Our pull:

- We place a warlock gateway between the force and verve and attenuation platforms just below the top of the stairs on the side farthest from the mind control platform. We let the gateway charge up before pulling (1:15 from placement). We split the group into two five man teams and place them on the two platforms - one will be placed correctly, one will use the gateway to get across.

Mitigating exhale as a prot paladin:

- I make sure that I am at 5 charges of holy power before the exhale. I use shield of the righteous, a holy power generator, then shield of the righteous again. This keeps shield of the righteous up for the majority of the exhale and significantly reduces damage taken.

- Don't forget your Sacred Shield. ;)

Questions:

1. (Threat question) Has anyone else noticed that the boss seems to drop threat at the second platform? There seems to be some kind of threat-wipe when the last player gets to the platform that has made taunting tricky at best.

2. (Mind control question) Would there be validity to trying to keep the raid at half health after the second force and verve (when we are leaving the platform) to try and negate the mind controls? What happens if someone below 50% is selected for mind control? What happens if everyone is below 50% health?

They also bounce off of players, so it's important that everyone is on this correctly. There should be minimal damage going out here.

I disagree. During my raid we had some people think they bounce off other player, but we found what really happened was the discs were splitting after X distance from the boss and then bounce off the wall. I'm gonna try to confirm this with a video tonight when I do the raid.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

Questions:

1. (Threat question) Has anyone else noticed that the boss seems to drop threat at the second platform? There seems to be some kind of threat-wipe when the last player gets to the platform that has made taunting tricky at best.

2. (Mind control question) Would there be validity to trying to keep the raid at half health after the second force and verve (when we are leaving the platform) to try and negate the mind controls? What happens if someone below 50% is selected for mind control? What happens if everyone is below 50% health?

For 1 see a few posts above. Dont let your Tank use the Warlock portal or he wont even be on the Thread Table of the boss, regardless of taunting.

For 2: Im pretty sure you dont need to bring the MCed player below 50% but reduce his Health by 50%.

I disagree. During my raid we had some people think they bounce off other player, but we found what really happened was the discs were splitting after X distance from the boss and then bounce off the wall. I'm gonna try to confirm this with a video tonight when I do the raid.

Unfortunately, earlier today I deleted all my excess video files in an attempt to clean up my secondary drive for more videos.. This included the short clip I recorded during raid this week... I'm gonna go into LFR at one point and see if it works, but also will try to remember next week.

Though I'm fairly certain anyone can go into it, right next to the boss, get hit by the first one they can and see that it does not bounce off the player. If you still think it does make sure you are getting hit by a disc AS CLOSE TO THE BOSS AS YOU CAN that still lets you see if it diverges. Then watch the disc as it moves farther and see that it splits left and right until it disappears into the wall.

I've always had problems when I go in a circle around the boss because I end up moving farther and farther and get clipped on the side by a splitting disc. I'll try to have a more conclusive video at some point unless someone can beat me to it.

You can actually see in Tova's video that they split after some distance.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

FINALLY cleared him. Ended up having to 2 heal the encounter again to ensure we had sufficient dps to push him through the last 40%. Needed to get a bit lucky with the combos in phase 3 - started to run out of healing cooldowns to the end of the fight and just survived 3 force and verve in the final phase!

Good luck to those still progressing on him, felt good to get the kill!

• Like 1

Guest Red

When boss is moving right ... he choose right platform, when he is moving left then first choose left ... we pick up him with some fast dot or anything.

I think that work but maybe someone can have some latency or something so cant see it right ....

While I cannot "confirm" this, I can provide positive evidence that this is true. My raid was pulling him off a countdown and not paying attention to which way he was moving when we pulled. During this time it was pretty random which way he went. However, tonight I remembered reading this post and decided to try it out. Out of 10 pulls 9 times we got him to go to the right platform where our raid was waiting to kill him. The one time that he went the other way, I feel that I taunted him late (i was the one pulling him) and he had begun moving towards the left. Obviously this does not confirm this, but it does appear to be linked. In any case, pulling like this helped us get through the force and verve platform more smoothly.

Guest Lemonpepper

Heya, quick note here: This boss will cast Song of the Empress if he is not being ATTACKED by any melee. Notice the wording of song of the empress "until he is engaged in melee combat." Worth making a note of to possibly save others the 2 wipes that cost us because I stopped smacking the boss to taunt and tank our mind controlled warrior.

Heya, quick note here: This boss will cast Song of the Empress if he is not being ATTACKED by any melee. Notice the wording of song of the empress "until he is engaged in melee combat." Worth making a note of to possibly save others the 2 wipes that cost us because I stopped smacking the boss to taunt and tank our mind controlled warrior.

Thanks! Adding it to the guide now :)

Guest scaar

there are acctuall ppl who still don't know the differance between left and right, and alsow get confused by what bubble to be in. So for my guild i made a little visual explination to how we do this fight, the bubble part. sorry if there are some spelling mistakes.

http://assets-cloud....nal/1257386.jpg

there are acctuall ppl who still don't know the differance between left and right, and alsow get confused by what bubble to be in. So for my guild i made a little visual explination to how we do this fight, the bubble part. sorry if there are some spelling mistakes.

I really love your picture. It shows really good detail.

I do want to also say there is another visual way of determining your "bubble". there are 3 that spawn and there is ALWAYS one in melee, one FAR OUT at range and one slightly in-between range and melee. Usually closer to melee.

Once you realize which are which, you should just say Melee bubble/Range bubble/(Middle/Mid-range) bubble.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

I have to correct you on something you said on your guide about dealing with exhale - that people that have exhale on them should move away so that tank can intercept better the beam. They can't move away, they are stunned for 3-5 seconds or something like that.

I think the easiest way is for raid to stack behind the tank after each special ability is cast.

This can work for attenuation and mind control platform, could work for force and verve one if raid is quick to move to shielded zones, if not only melee dps should stack behind tank because they go to the closest shielded zones, and rdps stay somewhere close to the middle of the platform so that can get ASAP to their designated shield (usually the farthest away from the boss)

Edited by TraianM

I LOVE the image.

I do want to also say there is another visual way of determining your "bubble". there are 3 that spawn and there is ALWAYS one in melee, one FAR OUT at range and one slightly in-between range and melee. Usually closer to melee.

Once you realize which are which, you should just say Melee bubble/Range bubble/(Middle/Mid-range) bubble.

Indeed, that's true. My guild even did it that way, and we mention it in the guide as well - melee, middle, range etc works quite well.

I have to correct you on something you said on your guide about dealing with exhale - that people that have exhale on them should move away so that tank can intercept better the beam. They can't move away, they are stunned for 3-5 seconds or something like that.

I think the easiest way is for raid to stack behind the tank after each special ability is cast.

This can work for attenuation and mind control platform, could work for force and verve one if raid is quick to move to shielded zones, if not only melee dps should stack behind tank because they go to the closest shielded zones, and rdps stay somewhere close to the middle of the platform so that can get ASAP to their designated shield (usually the farthest away from the boss)

You are right - what I meant to say is that everyone should be slightly out of the boss' hitbox (so, at maximum melee range) so that in the event that they are targeted, the tank can move in. I'm fixing it in the guide :)

Guest scaar

Thank you^^ i hope it will help ppl who need it.

we tried different ways of desiding which each healer with group shuld go in, by the time they spawn, by ranged position from the middle and by following marked healers. But "by the time they spawn" required everyone to have 100% attention and not even blink when they spawned. By range, there was always the risk of having ranged group having to run across the entire platform. Ofc there can always be unfortunate spawns, but this was the method we found to be best for us.

We have 2 teams for our guild, one where we have the moste devoted players, and one where we have some of our alts mixed with casual raiders and new members, so there is almoste always a need to explain tacs for new raiders. So that is why i made the guide. ofc each to their methods ^^

It seems like the platform order now is always warrior_disruptingshout.jpgForce and Verve -> ability_warrior_battleshout.jpgAttenuation-> spell_arcane_mindmastery.jpgConvert, we have even pulled it straight from the F&V platform during our first kill tries and it always started from there.

I noticed the same thing in our kill this week, but the sample size is a bit small still at this stage. Any other independent confirmations?

First visit in there for my guild this week. 11 attempts, all of which started on the Force and Verve platform.

Thank you.

Guest Guest

Hi, just an addition to your heroic section. During any Force and Verve cast by either the boss or his echo, 4 Noise-Cancelling zones ALWAYS spawn.

If BOTH the boss and an Echo are up during a Force and Verve cast, 2 zones are spawned at the boss and 2 are spawned at the Echo. As they are usually always tanked apart from each other, this explains why you're only seeing 2 nearby sometimes.

Guest mark

poster above me is right.

I have only done the 10m version of this encounter so I'll give you a rundown of this fight. however a few things of note.

1. there will away be 4 shields that spawn if there is no echo its near him, one under, one in melee range, one on the far right, and one on the far left.. They spawn in the same general location. when the echos spawns the echo will drop one under him and one in melee range, while the real boss will get on on the back right, and one in the front left. this are the general locations of the spawn points of the shields ( 130 wipes experience)

2. two "waves" of green orbs come out of the boss following the spiral, one that very fast and moves faster, and another one that moves slower. it is ideal to turn the boss towards the m/c platform, this is because we believe the orbs spawn based on his direction while the yellow balls spawn based on cardinal directions. stack in max melee and run in circles trying to stay closer to the inside wave than the out. sonic pulses hit you for 90% so the mixed wave of rings and pluses IS murder.

3. some classes will have to watch their cd's on annoying stuns incase they get m/ced. they need guess how much time is left to next exhale, an aoe fear or stun going off can easily wipe the raid.

4. finally for different phases its likely you'll need to go to a different shield, so remember which one you're going too.

5. the first attunation when the force and verve echo is alive will be "wonky" compared to others, send your best dodgers.

so, the fight starts off, 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 6 DPS type doesn't. all shields were pre-assiented for this platform, healer that will be jumping over to Attenuation with the boss uses his raid cool down for the first force. after first force the boss flys off leaving his echo, 1 healer, 1 high self healing tank, and 1 dps with passive heals. move over. rest of the raid burns echo. When the echo force and verves the TANK must stay out and eat it with cooldowns along with the other healers raid cooldowns. once dead, the raid goves over to the boss, faceing the boss towards m/c platform and stack at max melee, dodge balls until boss flys off.

tank an healer leave to m/c platform. burn echo until first attenuation where everyone but 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps stay to kill the echo, while the rest leave (split up into two even groups.)

once echo is dead everyone goes m/c platform to finish the boss, bring the mc's down quick but don't overkill.

Phase two has many different stratigies