FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LbAeSaEmR

PROTECTION PALLY Q's?

Hello fellow Protection Palladin players I have a few questions for you!

In the rotation section of the prot guide it says to cast crusader strike and judgment before avengers shield EVEN WITH a proc on.

This confuses me because not only is it our hardest hitting ability it also gives free holy power for survival which cannot be refreshed until the ability is used! Therefore meaning we are wasting free holy power generation by sitting on this ability and not using it asap.

I think I must be missing something and would love clarification on this.

ALSO, In the stats priority section Haste is listed as dead last and strength not at all. Haste used to be one of prots best stats because it increased dmg and holy power generation significantly through sotr uptime.

I have heard some say that haste > everything until 50% then its value is reduced and thats why its listed last. But if thats the case why doesnt it say so? Surely holypower generation for more sotr's is better than more mastery for stronger sotr's because we care more about smoothing out damage instead of windows of being tough and weak.

And Strength as a stat is supposed to be second only to bonus armor shouldnt we want to know this information if we are choosing between a mastery or strength trinket? A new player who was reading this guide would see that and think the mastery one is better because strength isnt even listed.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these things for me.

It's unlikely that it will proc again before you use it, so using 2 casts for shorter CDs of holy power will generate more over the course of the fight. Its more survivability to wait on it. There's a few cases where you get much more by spending it, such as Tectus if you have 3+ adds, or Butcher (I think? It could be twins) because he hits you so often that it procs almost every second at some points.

Haste > all until 50% was last expansion, and died in that expansion. Theres been tons of theorycraft proving it's value is mostly for consistency and damage (Which was the ONLY reason people wanted it in MoP, free insane DPS). As for Strength, its not a secondary stat so you cant fight on it on any scenario except for say trinkets, though there's enough BA trinkets around that you should be striving for those.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the protection warriors out there Much Love!

• By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Just a short video paying homage to all the Protection Paladins out there, Much Love!

• By Ehiztari
      Enter Eclipse Apply or maintain your Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare (if talented) Keep Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (if talented) on cooldown Cast Convoke the Spirits when you have less than 50 Astral Power. Try to pair with your other cooldowns but do not lose a use. Spend your Astral Power on Starsurge or Starfall on multi-target. Do not lose uses of Warrior of Elune, Force of Nature, or Fury of Elune (if talented). Cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler. Item 3 says to cast Celestial Alignment as a higher priority than (presumably that means before you cast) Convoke the Spirits.
      The subsection on Convoke the Spirits Optimization says "Generally, you will play around your Convoke and not your Celestial Alignment, as you almost never want to cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up as well."
      I'm not quite understanding how I'm supposed to prioritize Celestial Alignment in my rotation but not generally cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up.
      Unless Convoke is a special sort of channel, if you actually managed to cast Celestial Alignment during Convoke, wouldn't it interrupt the channeling of Convoke?
      If I am supposed to cast Convoke and then cast Celestial Alignment as it's channeling, shouldn't the rotation guide have those reversed?
      I'm sorry to be a noodge about accuracy here, but either I'm badly misunderstanding what looks like fairly simple instructions or the two elements of the instructions are inconsistent with one another.
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.