FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Blade Lord Ta'yak

in the guide your last point is nummer 9 while it should be 8 due you go from 7--->9

Thanks. We're on it :)

Guest Az

I have a question about the Blade lord guide- When phase 2 hits, do all the tornadoes from the previous phase despawn? Or should they be postioned off the side of the corridor to avoid them interfering with phase 2?

I have a question about the Blade lord guide- When phase 2 hits, do all the tornadoes from the previous phase despawn? Or should they be postioned off the side of the corridor to avoid them interfering with phase 2?

They despawn. There's no interference in Phase Two, only the tornadoes that he spawns then, which it is intended for your raid to avoid.

Guest loldotcom

I still don't know why this guy is Blade Lord and not Wind Lord.

I feel like either it's a bad joke by Blizzard, or they still haven't realized the names are switched.

Guest Loltdotcom

On Beta, we found that unseen strike was pretty annoying to line up to hit all of your raid.

He is baaaarely visible when he moves into position to re-appear and swing, but it takes a bit of maneuvering to get the cone to be facing the right direction.

We found that you REALLY have to look where his transparent image is, and start to move so that you're in line with him and the player he's targetted. If you aren't, you may miss the cone attack, and that player could get one shot.

On Beta, we found that unseen strike was pretty annoying to line up to hit all of your raid.

He is baaaarely visible when he moves into position to re-appear and swing, but it takes a bit of maneuvering to get the cone to be facing the right direction.

We found that you REALLY have to look where his transparent image is, and start to move so that you're in line with him and the player he's targetted. If you aren't, you may miss the cone attack, and that player could get one shot.

Thank you for your post. I'll be updating the guide shortly.

We are noticing in phase 2 his intensify stacks very high. We go from 5-6 to 15. We are trying to figure out how he gain's intensify so quickly, does it stack quickly with people being hit by tornados in Phase 2?

We are noticing in phase 2 his intensify stacks very high. We go from 5-6 to 15. We are trying to figure out how he gain's intensify so quickly, does it stack quickly with people being hit by tornados in Phase 2?

It was not doing so on the Beta, and it doesn't appear intended, but it might have been changed by Blizzard.

Sorry if it is mentioned. I have to go actually read the guide in the morning but I just want to throw a couple things out here.

During Phase Two we found we saved LOADS UPON LOADS OF TIME by starting to run to the other side of the room before he hit 10% and switches sides. Most of the raid got to the other side (speed boosts) or were in the middle of the room when he actually switched.

Although not advised: He only pushes tornadoes away from him, so while you move to the other side of the room, you can "hop" into a tornado and ride it half way across the room, at the expense of taking some damage. I accidentally did this, but did not seem to take much damage (when I probably should have died to it.) It may be an idea to save some time for some of your higher DPS if they pop defensive CD's before entering. (though I do not recommend adding this to the guide as it will encourage bad play unless other people can confirm it is a viable way for multiple people to do it with a raid CD.)

Also, healing the raid to full (ish) before you start moving to the other platform at 20% helps with the journey.

Edited by krazyito65

I suppose I wasn't paying attention much, but our raid assumed he switched sides at 10% on phase 2. The guide says 90~ seconds. Was our DPS just consistent? lol I'm not sure.

Edit: He also "Hard enrage's" at 20 stacks of the intensify buff. Which I'm a bit puzzled by, because he is only suppose to get that once a minute, yet we were only in the encounter for about 8 minutes at a time... We ended up killing him so I can't be sure this week..

Edited by krazyito65

Thank you for the comments.

It seems that the boss does gain Intensify at an increased rate in Phase Two. Have you been able to tell if it's from people getting caught in tornadoes. If so, it kind of negates the strategy of using the tornadoes to move around.

And are you sure he berserked at 20 stacks, or was it just a coincidence with the timing?

As for it being at 10% that he switches, I'll have another look and try to confirm it.

Thanks!

Tornadoes should NOT cause stacks becasue of how many stacks we got per attempt in our logs. I remember seeing him hit 20 stacks and turning red while swirling in place for the enrage. From the 8~ attempts we had before we killed it, he had 20+ stacks every time the 8 minute mark passed.

If I had to choose: Does he berserk at 8 minutes or at 20 stacks? I would confidently say 20 stacks, but I have a feeling they are one in the same, which does not seem correct because of the way the buff to the boss is suppose to be applied. Unless the way the buff applied to the boss dramatically changes when he hits 20%.

http://www.worldoflo...dtzmadxs92nv3k/

Looking more into logs about the boss:

7:30 attempt - 17 stacks

8:04 attempt - 20 stacks

7:59 attempt - 21 stacks

8:15 attempt - 20 stacks

7:20 kill - 19 stacks

There has to be some other relation to the stacks. I was thinking Time at first, but clearly he has 19 stacks on our kill. Then health, but he had 21 stacks on one attempt. I think it could be a combination of HP and Time... Need more log samples and people's experience.

Edit: logs do not show an enrage buff, but i do remember him turning red at 20 stacks on at least 2 attempts.

Edit again: Intensify looking at this spell on wowhead it says it is triggered every 10 seconds (while the other one is 1 minute) so this could be the trigger in phase 2. Still does not explain the inconsistency in the logs. Maybe logs are broken? When we actually did the boss yesterday WoL would not automatically parse HoF bosses.

Edited by krazyito65

Guest Rhed

I can confirm based on our experiences last night he swaps ends of the room at 10%, not on a timer. We're able to consistently leave early and let dots push him over the threshold, you can be standing at the other end of the room before he even lands if you time it right.

We also noticed increased intensify stacks sub 20% during our wipes last night as well. At first we were wondering if players getting in tornadoes granted an additional stack, but after some research I'm leaning towards another conclusion. Wowhead lists two spells that grant stacks ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123470 and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=132254 ). The first lists an interval of 1 minute, the second is instead 10 seconds. My supposition at this point is that after landing at the far end of the room Blade Lord Ta'yak may gain stacks 1 per 10 seconds until a player reaches him and/or reengages in combat. This would be in the ballpark of stacks I remember seeing last night, but I won't be able to test this for sure anytime soon, perhaps someone else can check tonight in game or analyse some logs to see if this seems correct.

I can confirm based on our experiences last night he swaps ends of the room at 10%, not on a timer. We're able to consistently leave early and let dots push him over the threshold, you can be standing at the other end of the room before he even lands if you time it right.

We also noticed increased intensify stacks sub 20% during our wipes last night as well. At first we were wondering if players getting in tornadoes granted an additional stack, but after some research I'm leaning towards another conclusion. Wowhead lists two spells that grant stacks ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123470 and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=132254 ). The first lists an interval of 1 minute, the second is instead 10 seconds. My supposition at this point is that after landing at the far end of the room Blade Lord Ta'yak may gain stacks 1 per 10 seconds until a player reaches him and/or reengages in combat. This would be in the ballpark of stacks I remember seeing last night, but I won't be able to test this for sure anytime soon, perhaps someone else can check tonight in game or analyse some logs to see if this seems correct.

Thank you so much! It really makes my day when people make well laid out posts like yours. I'll do more research into this and also update the guide as needed. Let us know if there's anything else you notice!

Guest Vaengence

I also wanted to add that Storm Unleashed does not work as it says in the Dungeon Journal. ccording to Journal you should only be getting hit while inside a tornado, in actuality being in a tornado has no effect on you at all (other then the carrying you) and Storm Unleashed actually ticks 1 per second for the entire time you are in phase 2.

Being carried away in a tornado when the group is away from you can caus issues as you range the healers but otherwise you do not take any additional damage from being hit by a tornado.

I also wanted to add that Storm Unleashed does not work as it says in the Dungeon Journal. ccording to Journal you should only be getting hit while inside a tornado, in actuality being in a tornado has no effect on you at all (other then the carrying you) and Storm Unleashed actually ticks 1 per second for the entire time you are in phase 2.

Being carried away in a tornado when the group is away from you can caus issues as you range the healers but otherwise you do not take any additional damage from being hit by a tornado.

Thank you!

Guest Valirah

Valirah

This was just a thought when reading through the guide.

- Unseen Strike hits for X amount of Physical damage which should instantly kill any player if he is left alone.

- Unseen Strike is hit every 60sec and fight last approximately 8mins~

- Depending on raidsetup/mode having 2 Paladins with Clemency would grant double use of Hand of Protection.

This is my question: Assume everyone instantly move away from who ever is marked. The assigned paladin then use Hand of Protection on the player. Would the Hand of Protection then make the player immune to the damage since the ability seem marked as Physical damage, or would Unseen Strike completly negate the effect from Hand of Protection. If not, this would be an excellent way of dealing with Unseen Strike, since none of the raid members would get hit which would drastically reduce the raiddamage.

Should HoP work, then I assume abilities such as Ice Block, Cauterize, Deterrence, (Cheat Death talent?), Dispersion (If 10man since 25man would still deal enough damage kill a priest in Dispersion), Divine Shield might work aswell?.

Would be nice, if someone could confirm whether Unseen Strike would negate such effects.

Sincerely Valirah, SSE

Valirah

This was just a thought when reading through the guide.

- Unseen Strike hits for X amount of Physical damage which should instantly kill any player if he is left alone.

- Unseen Strike is hit every 60sec and fight last approximately 8mins~

- Depending on raidsetup/mode having 2 Paladins with Clemency would grant double use of Hand of Protection.

This is my question: Assume everyone instantly move away from who ever is marked. The assigned paladin then use Hand of Protection on the player. Would the Hand of Protection then make the player immune to the damage since the ability seem marked as Physical damage, or would Unseen Strike completly negate the effect from Hand of Protection. If not, this would be an excellent way of dealing with Unseen Strike, since none of the raid members would get hit which would drastically reduce the raiddamage.

Should HoP work, then I assume abilities such as Ice Block, Cauterize, Deterrence, (Cheat Death talent?), Dispersion (If 10man since 25man would still deal enough damage kill a priest in Dispersion), Divine Shield might work aswell?.

Would be nice, if someone could confirm whether Unseen Strike would negate such effects.

Sincerely Valirah, SSE

The damage is Physical, so at least in that regard it should work. I haven't had a chance to test it, perhaps tonight.

Guest Ezzored

Hi,

we have tried to use Hand of Protection to negate the Unseen Strike - it did not work. The targeted player still died.

Hi,

we have tried to use Hand of Protection to negate the Unseen Strike - it did not work. The targeted player still died.

Awesome, thanks!

Seems almost certain to me that the enrage timer is 8 minutes. The amount of Intensify stacks will vary depending on when you enter Phase Two.