FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lipsinch

SI:7 Base Camp

Well, well...

Since everyone in their own class areas have a topic for Q&A and sharing info, why don't we have our own? I know it's better if we have everything separated by threads, but having one big thread to share and chit chat about stuff would be nice and valid (I think).

(And yes, I just copied this over other section - at least our title is way more "authentic"?)

Anyway, here comes my AA introduction:

Hello, my name is Renan, 27y, live in Brazil (don't worry, I'm not a derp hu3hu3hu3 type of person normally) and I've been clean of booze for 3 days. I play Rogue since Cataclysm (3 last days before MoP hit in, so I guess it counts? I specced Shadowstep in the talents!) but went into a hiatus after I hit 90 (as a PvP-oriented class doing bad was really frustrating, and I didn't want to play anything else for the sake of it) - I picked that class and I wanted to play it. If I couldn't, I'd rather quit - and I did so. After a while when my frustration withered, I tried again, and did some research about it, which yielded me some good results and I ended up falling completely in love with it.

Currently I'm suffering the same issue, but I'm a bit more open minded than before and now I have someone to keep me up, plus some responsibilities + friendship with guildies and such.

I wanna feel a bit more noobish than I'm normally, so I'll throw this here: People always say that Rogue scales better with gear than everyone else, so I'm assuming we'll be kicking asses later in the expac. Whaddya say? I'm putting my coins on this.

And here is my girl.

Edit:

Here placing my respects for the creators of Paladin & Priest's Sandboxes.

Edited by lipsinch

SI:7? You couldn't have picked a good title? 

In any case, cool idea.

Hey everyone, I'm Carrn. I've played Rogue for a decade now, (Jesus Christ that's a long time...) and have loved almost every minute of it. Rogues have a great set of skills which make them fun to play even if they aren't always doing the top damage, which is what I find so appealing about the class - we have a Batman-esque utility belt of tools for any and every situation. I've been a long time supporter of Sub as a dps spec, and I'm over the moon that Blizzard decided (relatively) recently that it was no longer just a PvP oriented skill tree. While I regularly and confidently play both of the other specs, neither one of them has the complexity or requires the attention to detail of Subtlety, and I'll play Sub every single chance that I get.

I'm here a couple times a day to field questions and examine logs. No question is too noobish nor too complex, and I legitimately enjoy helping players who are new to the class or the game entirely learn the nuances of playing the Master Class.

I wanna feel a bit more noobish than I'm normally, so I'll throw this here: People always say that Rogue scales better with gear than everyone else, so I'm assuming we'll be kicking asses later in the expac. Whaddya say? I'm putting my coins on this.

I expect that this will be the case. Moving into Blackrock Foundry, the gear there is much better optimized for Rogues as well, so we'll see some pretty large improvements as the tier arrives in a month or so.

That being said, I still think that we're mildly undertuned, although it's my opinion that this is mostly because we have arguably the worth cleave in the game so we don't do well on a fairly large number of highmaul fights.