FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garalon

Guest Channels

Killed him in 10 man with 3 healers and 1 tank (and a dps DK soaking the shockwave with the tank).. the duration of (Pungency) is 2 minutes, we rotated 4 players around 20 stacks which is impossible if it was 4 minutes.

Important note is that every stack increases the AoE DoT taken by the whole raid on every tick.. which means if you let someone soak for more than 20 stacks your healers will have hard time healing the raid, so if you used 5 people to rotate the debuff at 15 stacks you can use 2 healers as raid damage taken will be less. (not sure if I saw this in your guide)

The raid dmg from the ticks will be less, but won't that be balanced out by increased Crushes?

The Pheromones stay on the affected player even if he dies. When this happens, the boss starts chasing some random (?) person, until the one with the Pheromones is resurrected OR someone moves over his corpse and takes the Pheromones.

The raid dmg from the ticks will be less, but won't that be balanced out by increased Crushes?

That's correct. In the end, you probably need to see what's easier for your healers to handle in practice, but you need to strike a balance.

very nice guide, thanks !

Thank you!

The Pheromones stay on the affected player even if he dies. When this happens, the boss starts chasing some random (?) person, until the one with the Pheromones is resurrected OR someone moves over his corpse and takes the Pheromones.

This is excellent information, thank you very much. I'll add it to the guide as soon as possible.

Guest sid

I just wanted to add that as a tank , u still want to dps and most of the times u end up kiting u outrange him so ranged spells really come in handy. Also as there is no melle you dont take all that much damage so getting dps trinkets and glyphs - like glpyh of harsh words for prot pallies really comes in handy. I have heard about the fight being 1 tanked with a plate melle dps soaking . I sitll found the enrage to be tight and we had 4-5 enrage wipes with him casting massive crush at 0% , 1%, 5%...

I havent seen this in the guide.

He has a 7 minute enrage. The timing is all different from my logs, but I think I just noticed something. I'm taking a wild guess here and saying, when ever he performs a crush (be it pheromone passage or the purple circle) AFTER 7 minutes, he casts massive crush to wipe the raid..

Our guild consistently got him to this point but we were still missing about 10% HP. We are going to try again tonight but have range prioritize the body more and DoT the legs (to reduce movement), while melee run around to the legs and hitting the body as they run.

Edited by krazyito65

i had a few wipes over 7min this due we yust passed the pheramones and he did his normal crush first :) then his massive i-kill-you-with-my-mega-10M-dmg-crush =)

i had a few wipes over 7min this due we yust passed the pheramones and he did his normal crush first Posted Image then his massive i-kill-you-with-my-mega-10M-dmg-crush =)

Hm.. I'm pretty sure I can look at my logs and show that the first crush he does after 7 minutes is a Massive one.

This one for example. The attempt (try 18) started 19:37:48. So 7 minutes later is 19:44:48.

If you select around 19:44:40 you see there was a crush, and then the next damage spike (past 44:48) is massive crush.

But what I want to know is, does he do it automatically? or on the next time he does a crush? I have some logs that have a couple varying length attempts (7:05, 7:22, 7:26, 7:21) so I'm thinking it is the next time he crushes past 7 mins.

Edited by krazyito65

Hm.. I'm pretty sure I can look at my logs and show that the first crush he does after 7 minutes is a Massive one.

This one for example. The attempt (try 18) started 19:37:48. So 7 minutes later is 19:44:48.

If you select around 19:44:40 you see there was a crush, and then the next damage spike (past 44:48) is massive crush.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lt7sw80gztheqpc0/dashboard/?s=8575&e=9010 this is one that took 7min 14sec more or less^^ that incl a few sec in the start :)

I lied I guess. We tired holding the debuff after 7 min, but he ended up doing it again any way. So idk, he does massive crush at some point after 7min.

good news, we killed him at the same time he killed us with massive crush.

Guest Mariarroka

Just wanted to add a word about LFR only. Guild I run was complaining when I logged because every single LFR they were getting were stuck at this boss. Took them in a group, joined an LFR on this boss and after some wipes this was easiest way to lead LFR to win.

Pick 3 ranged dps to be kiters, tell them to change at 20 stacks. Tell them to pull and run clockwise keeping boss near wall as much as possible. The 2 tanks stay in front of the boss as he is kited. Tell ranged dps and heals to stack in middle, and only move if the purple circle on the ground gets close to them. Tell melee to try and stay as close as possible to center for heals while dpsing legs..I.E - dont be melee and stand near a wall to dps a leg. If the leg is that far let ranged get it. Have all dps stay on legs whenever one is weak, indicated by blue circle on ground around it. If there are no weak legs, focus boss until there is a weak leg. Took 3 attempts for LFR baddies to get it but did down in LFR, and the attempt we got it down was letter perfect. One thing I added after 2nd attempt, if you have pally healers in group, make sure they beacon kiters since they were out of range more then the tanks were. If you dont have pallies, assign a heal to kiters. Hopes this helps some of you.

I'll update the guide for LFR as soon as I have a chance to do it. Keep the comments coming, guys :)

Guest Aloha

Rogues are also fine tanks as they can Feint to take almost no damage from the aoe.

Regarding LFR:

Crush does not stun at all (which is useful because someone runs under him roughly every 10 seconds).

Pungency only lasts 20 seconds. This means it's probably best to use only 2 kiters that keeps him for 10-15 stacks. You should make sure that there's a dedicated healer for keeping these people alive as they take extra damage from trails, sometimes gets hit by swipes, and it quickly becomes chaotic if they die. If possible just go with 1 healer and 1 ranged dps as kiters, but having kiting experience from normal mode is most important.

Regarding any mode: Combat rogues are completely bonkers in this fight. Their blade flurry let's them do double damage to both the leg AND the boss when they are in the circle. If you're min-maxing, you probably want your other dpsers to mostly ignore legs to get as much leg uptime as possible for the rogues.

Rogues are also fine tanks as they can Feint to take almost no damage from the aoe.

Regarding LFR:

Crush does not stun at all (which is useful because someone runs under him roughly every 10 seconds).

Pungency only lasts 20 seconds. This means it's probably best to use only 2 kiters that keeps him for 10-15 stacks. You should make sure that there's a dedicated healer for keeping these people alive as they take extra damage from trails, sometimes gets hit by swipes, and it quickly becomes chaotic if they die. If possible just go with 1 healer and 1 ranged dps as kiters, but having kiting experience from normal mode is most important.

Regarding any mode: Combat rogues are completely bonkers in this fight. Their blade flurry let's them do double damage to both the leg AND the boss when they are in the circle. If you're min-maxing, you probably want your other dpsers to mostly ignore legs to get as much leg uptime as possible for the rogues.

Cool stuff, thanks a lot! I'll be adding it to the guide tonight :)

Guest huth

Another thing for LFR: He only uses crush when somebody is inside the inner circle. Which tends to be most of the time -.-

It's just amazing that in lfr this can still be done. We did in on the second try last night and it looked like we were all in the same guild, as easy as it went. Only one dps died.

Regarding LFR:

Your info regarding crush and the kiters appear to be very good info. We only used two kiters last night.

One thing to keep in mind is rogues blade fury cuts back on their energy production as well which would mean more overall hits due to multiple targets but less on the focused target. All classes have multi-target attacks and should use them for maximum dps, starting by targeting the legs. I finally made it through successfully on my warrior but I imagine ranged may be able to keep with the moving target a little better.

Most basic LFR strat seems to be leaving the Tanks to handle the Pheromone kiting. They switch off between themselves at 20 stacks. This leaves the rest of the raid free to concentrate on avoiding being bad. The pheromone Tank moves backwards, dragging Garalon slowly in a clockwise direction, as close to the wall as possible, leaving the pools at the edges of the room.

The whole raid just follows behind Garalon; DPS focusing on legs, Melee only on back legs (saves them from running willy-nilly under the boss...) and Ranged taking out the front as needed.

As long as the Tanks are capable it's very, very easy.

Guest Azymuth

Blizzard hotfixed the damage from the classes with cleave.

With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

and his enraged timer went from 6 minutes to 7.