FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sargo13

2H fury warrior having issues keeping dps up!

My Rotation BT,Exetue,wild strike,bloodbath,Raging blow,storm bolt,impending victory  and recklessness

Talents are Double time,impending victory,sudden death,storm bolt,vigilance,bloodbath,anger management

Glyphs major rude interruption,enraged speed,recklessness 

My itemlvl 657 singel target do 14-15k on normal Imp. i don't know what am doing wrong. I have been to other sites   say few differences in rotation and talents.

Well for one, glyph of recklessness is not worth it at all, and glyph of unending rage is prety much mandatory. Use enrage regenerationinstead of impending victory as they both heal the same amount per minute but enraged regeneration is off the global cooldown. Other than that your talents look fine. 

Be aware that single minded fury sims better than titans grip until the higher item levels. Other than that i would look at cleaning up your rotation since at that item level you should be pulling around 21k+ on average. Clean up your rotation, make sure to save berserker rage for when your enrage is down and try and always keep enrage up at all times.

Good morning, Sargo.

As far as your rotation goes, I'm going to quote Collision from his Fury Guide on MMO-Champion. In my opinion - it's simple to understand as it's straight forward and to the point:

When a gcd is available start at #1 and work your way down. Hit the ability that fits the expression, then restart from #1 on the next gcd.

1. Berserker Rage whenever enrage is down
  2. Execute immediately when sudden death procs, almost no matter the situation.
  3. Wild strike/Execute if rage is greater than 100 or if bloodsurge is cockblocking your rotation.
  4. Bloodthirst if enrage is down or rage is below 90.
  5. Execute if the target is below 20% HP while enraged.
  6. Raging Blow
  7. Wild Strike if enraged and the target is not below 20% HP.
  8. Level 60 Talent Filler
  9. Bloodthirst

Your Talent Choices:

They're alright but for slightly better numbers you may want to consider switching out Storm Bolt for Dragon Roar and Anger Management for Ravager specifically for the Imp Fight; if anything it'll help your damage output on the spawned add if you use them correctly.

Your Glyphs:

Recklessness - yeah. Get rid of that and replace it with Unending Rage. You can replace any of your glyphs, honestly, with Unending Rage. It is your only mandatory Glyph and you, for some reason, do not have it.

The others are situational / optional. Interruption is fine because there's the mages to interrupt and you definitely want more damage on them. The third choice would be Raging Wind for this specific fight.

Overall, I was in your same boat. Prior to making the same adjustments I mentioned above I felt (and was) constantly low on the Imp Fight. In the same lockout I'd pull out 22K on Butcher and sometimes as low as 17K-18K on Imp. I honestly hate that fight, lol.

My best recommendation is to keep at it it. Once you (and your raid team) get comfortable with the fight (if you're not already) you'll learn to adjust your rotation in such a manner that the execution of it will be more beneficial to your numbers.

Use enrage regenerationinstead of impending victory as they both heal the same amount per minute but enraged regeneration is off the global cooldown.

While the heals per minute is accurate I wouldn't recommend the talent - I'd stick with Impending Victory. Aside from the obviously healing it comes with it also is a source of damage. With it having two potential uses on a shorter CD it is more valuable than the simple heal on a longer CD. (It's 30 second CD allows for the clutch heal when you may need it or some free damage on a moment you may not have the ideal GCD situation you need.)

I hope this helps. If you should have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Im going to disagree with you here sajakain, i know personally with anger management and bladestorm i pulled around 25k on heroic imp the first time i downed him because the reduced cooldown on bladestorm makes it have a near perfect cooldown with the aberration, and that boosted my dps by a large margin. There's that and the face that anger management scales a lot better with gear, but for imp specifically taking anger management and bladestorm i think is the best for damage.

And in regards to your comment about impending victory i am going to have to disagree again, i is almost never better than enrage regeneration for multiple reasons. For 1 its off the global cooldown so when you use impending victory you take a dps loss because while it might do damage it is small and using enraged regeneration wouldn't stop someone form using execute, raging blow, or any other better attack at the same time. Secondly you MUST be in melee range, something that is sometimes impossible/dangerous to do, for example if you're about to be hit by Imperitors force wave but are low on health, enraged regeneration will help, impending victory will not. Impending victory might have an extra 5% burst heal but is clearly a dps loss and not always able to be used.

Edited by saetrielle

You're more than welcome to disagree with me and maintain your personal opinion on the matter. It shows you're putting considerable thought into it and you provide reasonable explanations as to why you believe what you do.

There's two things to always consider when dealing with talent choices. The first thing is your personal playing preference. (This, I feel, is the ultimate deciding factor.) Second is the technical reason; what does more damage in any given situation? The latter comes down to specifics of the situation (adds vs single target, etc) and your item level / weapon damage, etc. You said it yourself:

....anger management scales a lot better with gear....

Fury has always maintained two important concepts:

1. It is extremely gear dependent. The better the gear the better the performance by greater margin.
  2. Priorities in the technical decision of talents change as your gear improves. One talent may do better in the higher item levels than it does in the lower item levels so we make that change once we hit a "benchmark" in item level.

------------------------------------

i know personally with anger management and bladestorm i pulled around 25k on heroic imp the first time i downed him because the reduced cooldown on bladestorm makes it have a near perfect cooldown with the aberration, and that boosted my dps by a large margin. 

My first question, here, is what was your equipped item level at this particular time? Not that it plays the primary role in the result of your numbers but it does contribute some to the answer.

Your numbers are naturally going to be higher due to the fact you're hitting more than 1 target whether it be the single add that spawns or the anomalies. The aberration needs to die as quickly as possible and the anomalies need to die when the healing cds are rolling - I understand this so it makes sense to pick a talent such as Bladestorm over Bloodbath.

My personal focus tends to be the bigger picture, however, and that is Mar'gok so I lend my talents to that end and, as such, I end up choosing Bloodbath. It also lends its uses to killing the adds when timed correctly but -sure- not as much as Bladestorm does due to the burst capabilities.

And in regards to your comment about impending victory i am going to have to disagree again, i is almost never better than enrage regeneration for multiple reasons. For 1 its off the global cooldown so when you use impending victory you take a dps loss because while it might do damage it is small and using enraged regeneration wouldn't stop someone form using execute, raging blow, or any other better attack at the same time. Secondly you MUST be in melee range, something that is sometimes impossible/dangerous to do, for example if you're about to be hit by Imperitors force wave but are low on health, enraged regeneration will help, impending victory will not. Impending victory might have an extra 5% burst heal but is clearly a dps loss and not always able to be used.

You're right; it's off the GCD and there are, more often than not, better abilities to use instead of Impending Victory for damage purposes. 

This talent tree, honestly, doesn't contribute to our DPS in any aspect so there's really no dispute over which one is better for the technical side of the decision; it falls back to what I previously mentioned - playing style / personal choice.

The reason for my preference of Impending Victory is, simply, because I can potentially use it twice in the same window I can use Enraged Regen once and it has the additional perk of dealing damage on top of it's 5% larger instant heal. These points alone make it more valuable - to me personally - than Enraged Regen.

As far as your concern of it's melee-range handicap - you can charge through the Force Nova or Heroic Leap over it to reduce the damage you take. If you're so low in health that this ability could kill you then neither of these abilities are going to do much good except give you a last ditch hope of simply not dieing. (Which, in that case, you can use something even more beneficial such as a Healing Tonic.)

Again - the bottom line to this choice is strictly personal preference. You have your reasons and I have mine... and hey... that warrior over there reading this board even has his or her own reasons. It's perfectly fine that way. =D

The last thing I'll post for consideration is the following:

Fury Warrior Rankings: Heroic Imperator Mar'gok: 648 - 662 Item Level

You can review these logs on your own terms but I simply wanted to point out a few things:

• All three top warriors chose Bladestorm.
  • Two of the three chose Ravager.
  • Two of the three chose Impending Victory.

If I ever have a question of what ranking warriors do on a particular fight - I look at logs. While it won't tell me precisely what they do I, at the least, get to see their talent choices. From there I can reduce what they probably did with them.

In reguards to the healing methods, youre right, it is personal prefrence. I have my reasons and you have yours. And in reguards to the talent choice for damaging abilities, i feel like pople weigh to hevily on sim data. The fact that i pulled higher dps was less to do with the fact that i had 650 gear level at the time and more to do with the fact that i chose my talents specificaly for the fight. With anger management BS is on an near perfect cooldown timer with the aberation spawn meaning that i could use it the moment each aberation spawned, and while i didnt do nessesarily maximum single target damage to the aberation when it comes to phase 4 its invaluble at cleaning the adds from the aberation up. There are a few fights in HM where i take ravager + bloodbath, i rely more on what is going to be better for that fight rather than what will sim better on dps. Margok needs to die but the adds do as well so i feel like this is another personal prefrence argument here. Im only telling people what i do that i know has good results.