FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Adrianpwns

My dps is low

I'm following the Affliction Warlock guide on this page but I can't get my dps higher than, maybe, 13-15k. Anyone know anything I might be doing wrong? Please help! Thank you

Could you please provide us with more details? Like the situation in which you are testing this, what recount says about your spell damage breakdown (percentage of total damage per spell), etc.

Well, I'm trying out the rotations on training dummys in Orgrimmar.

I have been practicing a couple of hours now and I have been able to raise my average Dps to around 18k and btw, according to recount my Dot uptime is 100%.

It also may have something to do with my gear. since i dinged 90 just a couple of days ago and haven't been doing any dungeons (average item level is 431).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Adrianpwns/simple a link to my character so you can check out my gear and talents (if that helps)

Thank you in advance!

it lowers the damage of one of your main damage dealing DoTs by 20%. That is bad. And just make a macro for soul burn soul swap, you dont need to be doing much soul swapping without soul burn activated in the first place.

Whatever guides are telling you that Everlasting Affliction glyphs are good should be put out of service. They clearly aren't trying. 13k-15k DPS is extremely low, so saying you feel that your glyphs are good decisions puts me in a spot where I feel you are either trolling or severely confused. 13k wasn't acceptable at level 85 and it certainly isn't acceptable at this level. If you hit P on your keyboard, a window will pop up with your spell book. Click the tab called "Core Abilities." This tab tells you how to perform your class on an elementary level. This forum is for people who have attempted to do good DPS and have come here to find out how to do it better. Once you've read over this tab, try following those guidelines. You should see your DPS "skyrocket" into the 30k range. From there, we can work on the finer things in your life as an Affliction Warlock.

Thank you so much. I will check it out.

and no I'm not trolling. I am, just as you said, very confused since i haven't been playing warlock before (I leveled him 1-80 right before the expansion and then the last 10 levels right after the release)

Also I will return with news as soon as possible :P

Edited by Adrianpwns

With that gear I really do not wonder about low DPS

You have he same Spell Power as I had at level 85 but lesser secondary stats.

To improve your warlock firstly you'll have to improve your gear, secondly you'll have to get other glyphs ( like everyone has been suggesting )

Should I replace Everlasting Affliction and Soul Swap with Glyph of Soul Stone and Glyph of Siphon life?

Yes.Soul Swap in MGV it's only good on Elegon, for his adds, protector and charges. You can also use it on Spirit kings for Shadow add.

Major Glyphs- Soul Shard, Healthstone, Siphon life

Edited by Vortex

I have to disagree with Vortex's suggested Major Glyphs. You should have Siphon Life, Soul Shards, and your choice of Soulstone, Healthstone, or Soul Consumption.

Argh sorry you right!

Glyph of Soul Shards are mandatory! Sorry for the wrong information!

I didn't understand why I said such thing since my Major Glyphs are Soul Shard, Siphon Life and Healthstone.

My brain at morning it's on slow motion...

Edit: Fixed the previous post.

Edited by Vortex

Yeah, since you lose the 10% effect when the ability is on CD, it's a big loss for you to glyph it.

Well, in terms of just DPS, the only one that really seems like a slam-dunk DPS increase is Soul Shards. Soulstone is useful for raid utility, Healthstone, Soul Consumption, and Siphon Life will make things easier for the healer (and help keep you alive - you can't do any DPS if dead). Fear gives you reliable CC, but that doesn't seem to be needed in heroics this expansion. Everything else is bad or situational. Tomes of Clear Mind are cheap. I agree with Zagam's suggestion - but you can easily swap one out for a fight or situation if needed.