FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kattengustaf

[Feral] Help on imperator

Hey! I'm unsatisfied with my DPS on imperator as feral. I do less damage than I would want to. 

Here are the logs for the fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QWJrjtnFw7y39HM4#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=101

I see that my rip is only up 76% of the fight, But is there anything more that I do wrong? Any tips and tricks you guys have up in your sleeves? 

Hey! I'm unsatisfied with my DPS on imperator as feral. I do less damage than I would want to. 

Here are the logs for the fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QWJrjtnFw7y39HM4#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=101

I see that my rip is only up 76% of the fight, But is there anything more that I do wrong? Any tips and tricks you guys have up in your sleeves? 

There are a few things I see that would help improve your performance on this fight.

The Rip uptime is a big one. My guess is that you are getting flustered with maintaining it when Abberations spawn, and losing a ton of uptime as a result. Be more conservative with your bites on Imperator: I rarely actually bite him outside of Berserk, instead keep good uptime on my SR and Rip on him, and use my bites on the adds where they are more relevant. 

There is about a 20 second period where you didn't have SR up (sometime in phase 3). It looks like you also didn't have Rip running at the time. I don't know what happened there (DC? Fight mechanics gone horribly wrong?) but there are no mechanics on imperator that should halt you for that long. During that 20 second downtime you only did roughly 8k dps, and for the 30 seconds afterwards (during heroism) where the rest of your raid did 26k+ (some peaking above like 40k) you were at 14k damage due to your trying to catch up in uptimes of everything. For comparison, your other feral did 36k dps in this time period. This blip, whatever it was, is probably where you lost most of your damage. 

Your opener at the beginning of the fight could definitely use improvement. You went Rake -> Shred -> Berserk -> Incarnation (wasting a GCD of Berserk to cast incarnation). Try instead going Rake -> Incarnation -> Shred -> Berserk+Tiger's Fury -> continue with your rotation.

I would personally recommend that you save your 3min cooldown cycle for the transitions, rather then using on cooldown this fight. That is when the damage matters most , not during phases 1 and 2 which don't need a lot of dps. 

Edited by Bradykin
  • Like 1

And for the opener I used an macro but I guess that is a big nono

#showtooltips
/cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle
/cast Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury

I used to use a similar macro, but for optimization purposes it's not the best. You want 2 seperate buttons so you can use them in the most ideal pattern. I have Incarnation bound to my berserk also just in case I forgot to use Incarnation entirely (hasn't happened yet but it's a nice backup) but you need incarnation on a separate bind.