Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DPriest PVP Stats, Enchants, Gems, Gear

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I quit wow during cata and came back to find a lot has changed since then. This time around I would like to focus on PVP, RBG's in particular. Any help/advice in regards to getting my Dpriest ready for RBG's (stats, enchants, gems, BiS honor gear) would be very much appreciated.

Posted (edited)

Hey K,

I go mastery as my strongest stat in PvP. There are some fun choices if you're rolling disc concerning glyphs and talents. Personally, I enjoy the reflective shield and consider it worth the glyph and pennance with the ability to move while casting seems mandatory for PvP. The more mobile you are, the more difficult you will be to interrupt.

Gem slots aren't present on purchased conquest gear. They are available on lower item level pvp gear when randomized from a box.

As far as RBGs go, I'd get Curse voice, skype or Ventrillo as a last option.

Weak Auras are a great addon for all gameplay as well as Bitten's Spellflesh which is nifty for your new silence this expac and triggers a visual for when to dispel. Additionally, there's an addon for RBGs called Battleground Targets. I'd suggest you get it and just play around with it.

Cast times and cooldowns have been added to several spells so you may want to rework your healing rotations. And while this topic is about pvp, the new Proving Grounds are a great place to train your keybinds, try trinkets, or try new healing rotations or addons. If you complete 30 endless waves you'll get a Proven title.

Good luck!

Welcome back

Edited by Wolfcookie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fastidious
      Greetings fellow Travelers!   The Dungeon Crawler Network (DCN) has spread its footprint back into the World of Warcraft with this fantastic expansion, Legion.  We appreciate the DNA of The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King present, and are overcome with passion to play the game at the level which we used to.   We are involved in a multitude of MMOs, JRPGs, ARPGs, and the like. If it involves grinding through dungeons to get gear, reputation, and slay internet dragons, we are involved. Our roots are in the Elder Scrolls, and then the Elder Scrolls Online. You may have heard some of our podcasts, "Tales of Tamriel", "Chocobo Raiders", "Tavern Talk", or the "Midnight Hour" on iTunes in which we the guild, discuss multiple topics to include game development, theory crafting, lore, end-game raiding or PvP content, and even interviews with game developers or other prominent community members. Our leadership facilitates positive in and out-of-game experiences, and everything they and we do is part and parcel to that. We appreciate the games the developers give us, and the guild is the symbol of our many appreciations of that. Our leadership is versed in end-game PvE and PvP content ranging from EQ, Planetside, Eve, ESO, FFXIV, and of course, World of Warcraft.   Our primary objectives at this time for the Wings of Fate are as follows:   -Community development. The <Wings of Fate> are not just a WoW guild, but a community of mature gamers that play games across the full spectrum of genres from MMOs to ARPGs. This is accomplished through the use of Discord, getting to know your team mates, and being an adult in every aspect of gameplay and personal conduct.   -Enjoyment of World of Warcraft and enhancing the player experience, without sacrificing performance. What this means is that while our top priority is to have a good time and cut up, we don't waste time on bosses or bang our heads against a wall if composition/performance isn't up to snuff - we decisively address these issues.   -Establishing additional Mythic+ groups capable of M 7+ (M+5 is about the starting point, but we can help get you there if you aren't already!)   -Finishing current heroic raid content and moving to Mythic raiding if natural guild population growth and performance are conducive, continued farming of M 5+, Karazhan, Trial of Valor, and then the Nighthold!   -Establishing the <Wings of Fate> PvP footprint and what it looks like. We have a guild PvP officer who is in the process of developing PvP events structured around what the guild members want, and other guild activities. At this time we participate primarily in casual PvP events but the intent is to do rated content once the PvP footprint is established.   Guild events are as follows:   -Mythic+ Dungeons daily during the evenings (Currently 7+)   -Raids are Friday and Saturday nights from 8:30pm-11:30pm EST - we often go a bit later in order to finish a raid clear or if we are close to completion on a progression fight Optional raid night for "farm content clearing" is Wednesday, 9-11pm EST.   -PvP Nights are currently Thursdays, from 9pm EST - 11pm EST - additional nights will be implemented by our PvP officer once he ascertains from guild members what nights are best and what doesn't interfere with other guild events.   Now let's talk about what we're looking for and what we offer YOU. We are looking for community members who are here for more than just enjoying the World of Warcraft, but appreciate theory crafting, game discussion, upcoming developments, lore, and game mechanics. We are a community of gamers interested in a variety of games - Joining <Wings of Fate> is more than just joining a WoW guild, you're joining a family and established community.   What we offer you:   -A dedicated discord server that is constantly populated with members of the community, guild leadership, and everything in between. We talk upcoming games we're hyped about, raid mechanics, and everything already previously discussed. It's a fun place.   -Guild leadership that understands the importance of progression, and understands constraints/limitations. A prime reason for us establishing Mythic dungeon-only groups. We've identified while a lot of people will want to raid, just not everyone has the time to dedicate to it.   -An established and positive community. Many of us came to DCN for other games as WoW-WoD wasn't something many of us were interested in. Legion is changing that. We have many folks already participating in guild strategy development for upcoming content releases- and there's always people around on Discord getting involved with other games and discussions.   -Podcasts! As mentioned before we are involved in a multitude of other MMORPGs, and we participate in community building in a big way. It's only a matter of time before we dig deeper into what Legion will be offering us!   What we're looking for:   -Active players interested in end-game progression - but not bleeding edge. We are always pushing the football down the field, but if you're looking for a guild that is raiding three to five nights a week to defeat cutting-edge content, we aren't it. At least for now anyway.   -Players interested in the understanding and discussion of player/game mechanics. This one is huge. Know your class, and if you aren't quite there yet, don't be afraid to ask for help or guidance! DCN is populated with some incredibly knowledgeable MMORPG players and we can't facilitate progression without developing our knowledge of in-game mechanics.   -Positive, mature, and goal-oriented players. Progression can get annoying, and wiping forty or fifty times for one reason or another can really get to someone. It's a part of progression. Maturity is a must-have, we are an 18+ guild. No, that doesn't mean we can't sniff out a 30 year-old child either. Criticism can feel harsh, but we only do it to improve our guild performance as a whole. This is a two-way street.   Thanks for taking the time to read this post!   Feel free to contact me in-game @ Fastidious#1897 , and stop by the DCN Website @ to check out some of our Podcasts or get a better idea of what this organization is all about! -Steven "Fastidious"
    • By Fearthebuns
      Join me on the Road to Gladiator as I start from the ground up to help you improve at WoW PvP with general guides and in depth gameplay analysis! I was inspired to make this series from my personal experience at endgame. I've always found there is a massive learning curve to improving at the game, especially when you are jumping into endgame arena for the first time. More often than not, I found myself in a situation where I had so many questions to ask that I didn't know where to start. Whether it be keybindings, understanding class abilities, or getting an understanding for positioning and communication in the games. 
      This series is directed at people that want to improve in WoW Arena and are starting from the ground up, including myself! I will be working through the entire process to show you guys my journey on the Road to Gladiator! Check out the series at and catch my games during the afternoon at
    • By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)

Currently we are looking for Dps (Range or Melee) and Heals (Mistweaver Monk, Holy Pally, Disc Priest).

Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash
    • By Shenocide
      I am an Affliction Warlock, and my brother is a Marksmanship Hunter. Currently, we're sitting at about 850 ilvl average, both easily pulling over 200k DPS on a consistent basis. We both have a good amount of experience with the game, as we've been playing since Burning Crusade. We're both on Bloodscalp on the Horde, so looking for any guilds on that server or the connected ones (Boulderfist, Dunemaul, Maiev, Stonemaul).
      We're both looking for a new guild for progression raiding and PvP. While we're interested in PvE (particularly in progression), we spend a good amount of our time doing PvP. Our current guild, sad to say, does not have any PvPers, and the core few who wish to raid at the moment are not strong enough players altogether to pull forward, so we're at a bit of a dead end.
      Both my brother and I are good at the game, and want to be apart of a group that can make full use out of what we have to offer. We are available primarily in the early evenings (between 5 pm and 10 pm CST), as both of us work during the day. We're both in our late-20's, so we're only looking to join a guild with mature players.
    • By Lakrykan
      Fellowship Of Azeroth is a relaxed progression raiding guild on kargath server.  We are open recruiting for all area's of game play.  
      Raiding: We hold a Standard of conduct and Performance.  Our Raid times are 8pm server (est) to 11pm server (est)  these are not hard times meaning if your late you may still join if a slot is available.  If you must leave early you are not penalized for it.  We are serious about progressing but NOT a hardcore guild.  We are currently ranked 13th on kargath as of 10-03.