FORUMS
bellsprout

Marksman Stats

So common advice indicates crit to 40% then ms. I believe that it is due to careful aim. So this is 40% full raid buffed right? Does this include scope proc? If not then the scope always procs at the start of a fight during CA. Would this not cause a loss in DPS?

Also I am sitting at 29% unbuffered crit right now and simcraft indicates that critical is my 3rd best Stat behind ms and versatility. What gives?

So common advice indicates crit to 40% then ms. I believe that it is due to careful aim. So this is 40% full raid buffed right? Does this include scope proc? If not then the scope always procs at the start of a fight during CA. Would this not cause a loss in DPS?

Also I am sitting at 29% unbuffered crit right now and simcraft indicates that critical is my 3rd best Stat behind ms and versatility. What gives?

Crit (to 43% buffed) = MS > Vers => Mastery >= Haste.

43% is because of the boss crit suppression of 3%. This is your base stats + raid buff + food.

As for simc results, that is telling you that with your current gear, these are the weight you should use when looking to see if a piece is an upgrade or not.

Edited by Orthios

Actually, I believe MS is  better than Crit at all levels now.  Also, the soft cap for Crit is 43% due to raid boss crit suppression.

Does this include scope proc? If not then the scope always procs at the start of a fight during CA. Would this not cause a loss in DPS?

You should use multistrike scope. 

You should use multistrike scope. 

This is wrong. 

YJSCizJ.png

Until you have an unreal amount of crit you want the crit scope.

This is wrong. 

YJSCizJ.png

Huh. Seems weird. I thought multistrike > crit for MM even below cap. Guess I was wrong then.  

Huh. Seems weird. I thought multistrike > crit for MM even below cap. Guess I was wrong then.  

It really depends on gear, at the moment im simming higher with the multi scope as my raid buffed crit has approached 40%.

But crit enchants on other peices are stronger

Is there a way to find out what gear or enchants are dps up for your character?

Sim yourself with crit vs ms enchants.

Edited by Orthios

This is wrong. 

YJSCizJ.png

I switched to Multi Scope when I hit 37% crit buffed and found a large spike in damage, haven't gone back since.

This is wrong. 

YJSCizJ.png

You have fucked this sim up majorly. Dunno how, but you dun goofed.

viM3e8Z.png

@OP, go Multistrike. There's virtually no loss compared to Crit (and going for arbitrary critcaps lol) and it's better by a shot for the other two specs.

Edited by Azortharion

viM3e8Z.png

@OP, go Multistrike. There's virtually no loss compared to Crit (and going for arbitrary critcaps lol) and it's better by a shot for the other two specs.

Well shit, seems I got a ton of shit fucked up with my SimC right now. Not sure what it could be but I'll figure it out. Ignore anything on here for the time being and simply just refer to Azor's guide.

viM3e8Z.png

OR, you two are using two different profiles, which would be the cause of the discrepancy. There is no way in hell that the same profile could have a 4k difference by "goofing up the sims". Use a bit of logic and common sense here, your sims are 4k above Nnx's sims, obviously something is different, and I highly doubt it's the APL or settings.

OR, you two are using two different profiles, which would be the cause of the discrepancy. There is no way in hell that the same profile could have a 4k difference by "goofing up the sims". Use a bit of logic and common sense here, your sims are 4k above Nnx's sims, obviously something is different, and I highly doubt it's the APL or settings.

Two different profiles would not make the disparity between the two enchants as large as his.

Calm down, broski.

Edited by Azortharion

Two different profiles would not make the disparity between the two enchants as large as his.

Calm down, broski.

It could. A high crit profile will benefit more from the MS scope while as a lower crit profile would benefit more from the crit scope. As for calm, meh, I'm only half awake right now :P

If you are lazy and MLG you can remove all enchants (remove all the enchant=XXX parts and the comma preceding them), then put one instance of it on any item that goes (enchant=275mult/crit). Weapon ench will still have to be manual.

If you are lazy and MLG you can remove all enchants (remove all the enchant=XXX parts and the comma preceding them), then put one instance of it on any item that goes (enchant=275mult/crit). Weapon ench will still have to be manual.

Never really thought of that, I always just used a line next to a tabard or shirt that said stats=xxx to see what changes I'd see.

If I wanted to change my gear, where do I get the ID values from?

wowhead them, or if you're super lazy just use the ask mr robot simc option and copy only the one line.