FORUMS
kevow

SV DPS HELP

Hey guys

i need some advice on my SV DPS

My sims tell me i have a potential of 23k dps. With high movement simmed on average player level still +19K dps.

But on most fights i dont get higher as 17 K DPS and im wondering what im doing wrong.

this is a short sim of  an imperator fight we did not finish. Just to give u guys an idea how i do average on most fights.

REPORT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uz8s4yncaa8rh558/details/1/

ARMORY : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Kevowhunt/simple

i apricieate all tips and critism

ty

Hey guys

i need some advice on my SV DPS

My sims tell me i have a potential of 23k dps. With high movement simmed on average player level still +19K dps.

But on most fights i dont get higher as 17 K DPS and im wondering what im doing wrong.

this is a short sim of  an imperator fight we did not finish. Just to give u guys an idea how i do average on most fights.

REPORT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uz8s4yncaa8rh558/details/1/

ARMORY : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Kevowhunt/simple

i apricieate all tips and critism

ty

First off, assuming you are taking LW, there is no way you should lose ~4k DPS during heavy movement, you shouldnt lose barely anything unless you take Focusing Shot, your entire rotation can be performed while moving.  I'll look at your logs and provide more feedback

• Like 1

I think i might took the wrong comparrison. Its 4 k dps difference with lowest player lvl and highest. My bad.

If u could look at the report. The problem im mostly having is stress :p i mess up because i panic.

But if you can check where it all goes wrong, i can work on it.

First off, assuming you are taking LW, there is no way you should lose ~4k DPS during heavy movement, you shouldnt lose barely anything unless you take Focusing Shot, your entire rotation can be performed while moving.  I'll look at your logs and provide more feedback

Any chance you can get a log of a fight that wasnt a wipe?  Wipes arent typically a great log to use for DPS analysis

Any chance you can get a log of a fight that wasnt a wipe?  Wipes arent typically a great log to use for DPS analysis

No i just started recording today. On imp and all wipes. Ill do a record to'orrow in guild runs, we should fly trough some bosses.

Can you make anything out of it? Why isnt a wipe a good log? (Because its still the same dps i usualy pull)

No i just started recording today. On imp and all wipes. Ill do a record to'orrow in guild runs, we should fly trough some bosses.

Can you make anything out of it? Why isnt a wipe a good log? (Because its still the same dps i usualy pull)

Wipes just generally arent good performance, things start falling apart at the end and if the log keeps running even after you might have died.  I may be able to get something better out of it if you upload it to Warcraftlogs.com instead of worldoflogs.

If u could look at the report. The problem im mostly having is stress tongue.png i mess up because i panic.

But if you can check where it all goes wrong, i can work on it.

It's fine if you drop concentration and mash wrong buttons because you have to deal with raid mechanic. It's normal. But you can reduce that stress by familiarizing yourself with the fight. Know boss' abilities and their timings, so they never come unexpected. 

The other kind of panic, where you just can't decide which button you should press now, comes from the lack of understanding, lack of a clear priority in your mind. Remember this simple priority:

1. Cast Explosive Shot if it's available.

2. Cast Black Arrow if it's available.

3. Cast Arcane Shot if you have Thrill of the Hunt proc.

4. Cast Arcane Shot if you have too much focus (80+). 

5. Cast Cobra Shot. 

That's all there is to it. There are subtleties that you can do to increase DPS, but they are not something you should concern yourself with during these "panic" moments. 

Edited by Iridar

Yes warcraftlogs is simpeler and more clear to see.

I think i can see whats going on. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qA9j4vB6F7MNWGRy/#type=damage-done&source=10

My uptime on my dots is on the low side.

2 things cause this with me. Cobra shots, i dont cancel em when in the middle of a cobra shot my black arrow comes of CD.

Actualy allot of spells i wait my cobra shot to finish.

The other thing i notice it i get focus starved. But most of the time im having difficulties when my important spells come of CD in the middle of a cobra shot...

2 things cause this with me. Cobra shots, i dont cancel em when in the middle of a cobra shot my black arrow comes of CD.

But most of the time im having difficulties when my important spells come of CD in the middle of a cobra shot...

It's normal, you should never cancel your Cobra Shot cast just because another DPS ability came off CD. 

The other thing i notice it i get focus starved.

Don't cast Arcane Shots if you don't have TotH, or if you're below 80 focus, and you won't get focus starved. 

That is, unless there is no Serpent Sting on the target, in which case you can cast an Arcane Shot even without TotH, as long as you're above 35 focus. 

Yes warcraftlogs is simpeler and more clear to see.

I think i can see whats going on. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qA9j4vB6F7MNWGRy/#type=damage-done&source=10

My uptime on my dots is on the low side.

The other thing i notice it i get focus starved. But most of the time im having difficulties when my important spells come of CD in the middle of a cobra shot...

Your log isnt publicly visible, I cant see it

It's weird how people can pretend to be decent log analyzers when they cannot make use of a wipe log. You realize you can ignore events after X players have died, or after the guy himself dies, or any number of simple things that can make a wipe log exactly as useful as a kill log.

It's weird how people can pretend to be decent log analyzers when they cannot make use of a wipe log. You realize you can ignore events after X players have died, or after the guy himself dies, or any number of simple things that can make a wipe log exactly as useful as a kill log.

So, let me get this straight, you come to this thread and don't actually analyze the log yourself, don't provide anything useful or helpful to the conversation, and just decide to insult me because I would prefer that the poster provides a better log for me to analyze than one that didn't even last half the fight? 

I just made the log public. My apollogizes and ty for the help

Much better smile.png

Look at your last wipe, the 8:59 one

Black Arrow: 20 casts out of a potential ~23.  There ere two or three long periods of time about 2/3 into the fight where the debuff dropped off completely for quite a long time.

LnL: Gained 21 times, makes sense given Black Arrow uptime.  Looks like toward the end of the fight that you were not using the procs as they were gained efficiently, the buff was lasting for way too long.

Explosive Shot: 97 casts (given ~63 casts for LnL procs) for an almost 9 minute fight definitely seems low.  Explosive Shot needs t be used on-CD, every time unless Black Arrows needs to be applied first.

Serpent Sting: Uptime is very, very low.  You should be able to maintain near 100% fairly easily if you follow Iridar's advice.  You are losing a hefty amount of DPS right here.

Focus: You wasted 69 focus by using Cobra Shots while at or near cap.  Not horrendous in a 9 minute fight, but something to look at.

ToTH: Definitely wasted some procs toward the end of the fight

Overall Graph: Looking at the overall graph for the fight, you can see various points where your DPS is tanking (large "valleys" in the graph).  While this may be a function of the fight mechanics (transitions, etc), it looks to me that the biggest contributers are: SS falling off target for large periods of time, Explosive Shot not being cast for long periods of time, AMoC fading (which you cant help, but it causes dips in the graph nonetheless).  The first two are things you definitely need to work on, the last you cant avoid.

Gear: Two of your gear slots with the some of highest amount of stats (Chest and Legs) are 630, which is definitely holding you back a bit.  You also only seem to have about 12% MS, which isn't particularly large. Have you tried simming yourself as MM to see the potential DPS diff?

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 615 trinket.  That is definitely hurting too. 

Edited by Atrais
  • Like 1

Expected much more class from the pioneer of the hunter thread at MMO-C.

Here a log of butcher only. Its on normal. this time with different talents (focussing shot and steady focus)

Doing better now, but could still use help, cant find where i did wrong. i'm ilevel 655 with only 21+ k dps (or is that normal?)

Was a short fight

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L7f2PZHTAMNpcy8W/#type=damage-done&source=20&target=43