FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
epurator

Tank DPS ranking

I just fell wronged at this extension.

Following the Warcraft logs:

Blood DK DPS : 36k (Ogrons) to 56 k (Tectus)

Palprot: 34k (Ogrons) to 48 k (Tectus)

Guardian Druid: 30k (Ogrons) to 46 k (Tectus)

Brewmaster: 32k (Ogrons) to 40 k (Tectus)

Warprot: 28k (Ogrons) to 35 k (Tectus)

Compare to DK for example:

- we have a big gap on monoboss. 23 % of difference. (Ogrons)

- And it is getting worst on multiboss. 38 % of difference (Tectus)

I really think our class is unbalanced compare other tank. Of course tank priority is not DPS but when you have a DPS Check boss it is great if your tank can bring some damage. 

Same with aggro, even with 96 % parse i have to taunt sometimes the boss cause of the DKblood agro. Or to spam my keyboard seing the boss color agro bar orange.

I really hope that Blizzard will be aware of that and will up our DPS output.

What is your opinion about this ?

Prot is in a bad place and not likely to get fixed any time soon. We're suffering on mitigation due to SBar's weakness and the devs are happy. There's really no death knell quite like a happy dev. It signals that they are wholly unwilling to fix serious issues.

As for DPS directly, what you're seeing is the direct effect of Gladiator's Resolve. It was a short-sighted, stupid decision by the devs to make the sword and board spec not a spec in its own, but dependent on prot. If the devs buff prot's damage output, they will intrinsically buff Gladiator's damage output. Granted, they could nerf the stance bonus or the Shield Charge bonus, but then they wouldn't have nice, even damage modifiers. Blizzard likes nice, even damage modifiers. If prot was on par with the other tanks for damage output, Gladiator would be massively overpowered. Blizzard is not likely to do anything for prot soon. Honestly, I'm fully expecting prot to be sub-par for the rest of this expansion. I would not say that there is any hope of buffs until at least Blackrock Foundry and even then, some of the issues we have will need major changes to fix, which aren't likely to occur during the expansion.

Have to agree with Estarr on this one.

I honestly believe us warriors have been shafted as prot ever since vanilla.

A big part of it I feel is that the player base has gotten less skilled and more inclined for instant gratification. 

No one wants to follow what it takes for a prot warrior to really shine. Grab everything and let the DPS AOE it down is the way it goes now days. (I doubt half my server population has ever heard a tank say "Wait for a sunder!")

But expac after expac I still dust off my shield and sword and go at it again. I will admit when I can still shine as a tank even when being nerfed. 

OK Im just ranting. Sorry for the thread hijack. biggrin.png

I think it should work out to be roughly the same due to the nerf to Glad stance itself: "Gladiator Stance (Protection) now increases damage by 5% (down from 20%)." May I say about damned time?

Yep big nerf on Gladiator. Finally, they made it for nothing.

For Prot, we have an up (around 3k DPS up so not enough) so not a big up. And they nerf DK & Drood on the other side.

• General
  • Arms
    • Mastery: Weapons Master’s effects have been increased by 57.1%.
  • Protection
    • Deep Wounds’ damage has been increased by 40%.
    • Devastate’s damage has been increased by 20%.
    • Revenge’s damage has been increased by 40%.
    • Shield Slam’s damage has been increased by 20%.

Yep big nerf on Gladiator. Finally, they made it for nothing.

Is that your estmiation or actual test data?

The -~14% damage from auto attacks and off abilities would be offset by a greater increase on Revenge, Devastate etc.