FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Skilgannan

Macro for pet

Hi all,

I'm looking for a macro I can use to set my pet to attack when I use immolate on a target so I can always keep my pet on passive and not worry about having to tell it to attack each time.

Many Thanks

Tim

Though that would do the intended job would it not every time you casted Immolate on say Phemos when Pol is your main target make the pet switch? Another similar example here would be Tectus. (Not that I would play Destro on these two but people do). 

I guess though if you have Doomy or Imp perhaps that's ok or do they keep stopping midcast to switch? For a melee pet I can see this being quite a dps loss but then again probably shouldn't be using one of them on an multi-dot fight anyhow (well except for in Demo).  

Another example of when this may be bad is everytime I refresh an Immolate on Brackenspore (my focus) when I am killing the big add it will again switch back to the boss?

Edited by spikeysquad

Yes, using this macro is not very different to just keeping it on Assist. I have pet attack bound for when I don't want my pet to run between targets, thus manually sending the pet to whatever my intended pet target is. Either way that's the macro he was asking for but I would not recommend using it! :)

I'm curious how other people handle this as well. I normally have pet attack with immolate or corruption... but last night I noticed a big difference between our other locks and myself on Mythic Twins.... my pet cast 20 times less and did quite a bit less damage and I'm assuming its because he kept target switching to Phemos who was further away Whirlwinding at times. I switched my macro to have my petattack as part of my dark soul, since I hit that far less often than corruption. Hopefully that will help keep my pet a bit more focused.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6kPVR3pM4LzXvGBm#type=damage-done

I had abysmal uptime on UA and let Agony drop off Phemos when i had a panic moment with fire... Not to mention my crappy Haunt uptime. I was just off my game in general all last night...

For a fight like Twin Ogron there's no reason not to have pet attack bound and just send him on one of them at the start of the fight. You only have to remember sending him once and you're good for the entire fight.

Glad that you took my post in the spirit it was intended Vile :) 

Vipples, you had 20 something Corruption casts on Phemos so you may be onto something there with the target switching. I guess the best way to see is do what Vile suggests and check if there is any improvement next time. 

So for the twins Pet first on passive, send him in and forget? I have been doing it like that but sometimes I still forget to send it in!!!