FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tearjerkr

Help me with my rotation and why is my dps dropping so much.

This are my Warcraft logs on Heroic The Butcher https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JDMZtQfm8WFwvC64

this is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Tearjerkr/simple

As for my rotation i start of with Crusader strike, judgement , and exorcism i repeat on till i get enough for my Final verdict in which then i use CS , Judgement to be able to use Divide storm. then I repeat the same rotation..

I tend to pop all my CDs at start of the fight which are Avenging wrath , execution sentences , Holy avenger and Draenic str potion But when i do that my rotation changes to Hammer of wrath , final verdict , CS , Divide storm , hammer of wrath , Final verdict and repeat on till my CDs are done..

i max about 30k with my CDs then drop all the way down to 16k which gets me frustrated. Am following the ICYvein single boss rotation but i can't seem to get up there without doing burst dmg. i was in a pug raid with 2 other ret pallies under gear and with my same rotation and they were pulling much more than me.

Please can someone explain to me what am i doing wrong. Is it my gear? or just that am doing something wrong.

Remember, our "rotation" isn't a strict step-by-step guide; it's a loose list of situational priorities. You really shouldn't be weaving DS on ST unless you have both the EDS proc and the buff from FV, and nothing else of higher priority available. You don't want to waste the EDS proc, though, but it's not of significant priority until it's within the last ~4s. You're also severely neglecting HoW - 18 casts over ~5mins (looking at Butcher from log you linked) is ridiculously low, even for not using SW.

Recommend getting the CLCRet addon to help with your rotation, since that's your major problem right now.

• Like 1

es eds5_fv tv_dp_4s eds_4s tv5 how exo_bc eds_fv_aw tv_aw_exec cs j eds_fv tv_dp tv4 exo tv3

Taken from this thread.

Thank you

Edited by GordHicks

I use:

es eds5_fv tv_dp_4s eds_4s tv5 how eds_fv_aw_exec tv_aw_exec cs eds_fv j tv_dp tv4 exo tv3

The difference with the one posted is:

1. exo_bc removed. It's based on T17 4P set bonus which I don't have.
  2. Using empowered DS with FV during execute range added (eds_fv_aw_exec instead of eds_fv_aw). When the target is under 35% you won't starve on holy power anyway because of HoW. 
  3. Mine favours empowered DS with FV buff above judgement. 

Remember that empowered DS with FV buff is your highest possible damage output even on a single target. That's why I made choice 2 and 3.

This are my Warcraft logs on Heroic The Butcher https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JDMZtQfm8WFwvC64

this is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Tearjerkr/simple

As for my rotation i start of with Crusader strike, judgement , and exorcism i repeat on till i get enough for my Final verdict in which then i use CS , Judgement to be able to use Divide storm. then I repeat the same rotation..

I tend to pop all my CDs at start of the fight which are Avenging wrath , execution sentences , Holy avenger and Draenic str potion But when i do that my rotation changes to Hammer of wrath , final verdict , CS , Divide storm , hammer of wrath , Final verdict and repeat on till my CDs are done..

i max about 30k with my CDs then drop all the way down to 16k which gets me frustrated. Am following the ICYvein single boss rotation but i can't seem to get up there without doing burst dmg. i was in a pug raid with 2 other ret pallies under gear and with my same rotation and they were pulling much more than me.

Please can someone explain to me what am i doing wrong. Is it my gear? or just that am doing something wrong.

Try checking my rotation, previous post.

What I see from your combat log is you're casting exorcism too many times (it's second lowest prio spell, last is FV with 3HP). And you're also casting quite some divine storms when not empowered or buffed by FV.

My log (not perfect also btw):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wtg1YB7AzV2mhGFr#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=30

Edited by stx
  • Like 1

Try checking my rotation, previous post.

What I see from your combat log is you're casting exorcism too many times (it's second lowest prio spell, last is FV with 3HP). And you're also casting quite some divine storms when not empowered or buffed by FV.

My log (not perfect also btw):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wtg1YB7AzV2mhGFr#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=30

I tried your rotation and i stayed at 20k steady at the training dummy. And yeah i did use DS a lot without both buffs din't know it would be sooooo much of a dmg boost.  Thank you all.     Now would this clcline work as aoe also?? or is there some tweaking that i must do to get some aoe on mutli targets.

Edited by Tearjerkr

I tried your rotation and i stayed at 20k steady at the training dummy. And yeah i did use DS a lot without both buffs din't know it would be sooooo much of a dmg boost.  Thank you all.     Now would this clcline work as aoe also?? or is there some tweaking that i must do to get some aoe on mutli targets.

20k sounds decent considering you have no buffs.

There are not many AoE fights in Highmaul. You could say Tectus is, but even there it's a lot more important to burst 1 add down instead of going mad on AoE to get high on meters. Don't let dmg meters fool you :)

There are some cleave fights with 2 mobs though (I consider AoE more than 4 mobs). For those the default rotation with the DP+FV talents are fine imo.

For single target fights, like butcher, I'm going Sanctified Wrath instead of Divine Purpose.

ok silly question here.

before i copied the Clret Code from above.
I was doing about 16-18k on Imperator HC.

due to my deeps be low i got kicked form guild run.

logged on here got the clret infomation and went to SW to try kill a Raid dummy.

loosly following the prompts i was doing roughly 30-40k dps.

would this be a close enough representation on what kind of dps i might expect ?

or should i not use those Raid dummies in stormwind to test dps out.

Raid dummies are notoriously buggy and inaccurate for DPS purposes, especially since they can't simulate execute phases in this game. Try to PuG a normal run and get logs.

Here is my Log from last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVjbZvF7r41DMWwn/#fight=1

and here is my current Armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Maerick/advanced

If you can have a look at them and see where i could be going wrong would be great :)
i am using the clcret string posted earlier in the thread which seems to have helped a bit.
but as usuall i am sure i am missing something small :)

Mrrobot has given me some enchant changes so i have bought those and will add them tonight / sometime on the weekend.

Edited by Valhella69

What enchants did AMR recommend you?

Are you using DP/FV for every fight? Not saying that's necessarily bad, but changing up your talents to optimize per-fight can have a strong impact on your overall performance. Play what you're most comfortable, though, as playing something you're not proficient with will hinder more than help regardless of being optimal.

Morning.

AMR recomended haste enchants.

I then got some more gear and this morning AMR is asking me to go back to Mastery.

Currently I am using DP/FV for majority of the fights.

but I am more than likley going to be trying t find the best talent for each fight that i can.

The only thing i wont be doing is seal dancing anytime soon. i am not up for that type of game play.

Don't use haste enchants. When the Sacred Duty buff was added into SimCraft for Prot, it was accidentally applied to all Paladins, so sims were showing really skewed and inaccurate values for haste. It re-recommending haste at this point simply could be the fact that they've recently corrected that (I know the most recent version of SimC did fix it, but I don't know exactly what AMR uses for their calculations).

From what I've read from other Rets, and my own experiences, Butcher's the only one where anything but FV makes sense. It's a strict single-target fight - no adds, high boss uptime - and that one I typically switch to Sera; otherwise, SW/FV for strong sustained and cleave is what I, personally, run. DP/FV is a popular setup for Tectus - and Kargath, if on crowd duty - though there are some recommendations of HA/FV there, too, for reliably strong AoE burst once he starts to crumble.

Just out of curiosity is there a way to put Sera on the clcret Line? i being using Holy avenger and final verdict together for the burst dmg , But i start dropping in dps and end up at 20k or 22k dps?? 

CLCRet doesn't support Seraphim currently.

The purpose of burst damage is you do a lot at start and drop later :P

I usually use SW for burst fights with prepotting and scabbard of kyanos trinket (mythic butcher etc..) instead of HA. Try simming to see what fits you best.

On normal fights I recommened you use Divine Purpose with Final Verdict, you should do quite some DPS with your gear if you follow the exact CLCret with the prio list I listed above (even though you have the minor enchants and gems).