FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wulfie

Affliction for Mythic Twins [Help]

Hello all. I am glad the Warlock forums here are very good and also contain some very helpful and high parsing amazing warlocks.

I'd like some assistance on Twin Ogron. I'm running affliction as it is the better spec for the fight.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Wulfie/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NxJyBCkdR3GLF2fM

User Interface: http://imgur.com/FKvUIiU

I am wondering why I am not doing as much damage as I should be (Obviously) I've looked at other top parsing warlocks and they are parsing higher than me at lower gear levels.

I have mouseover macros for my dots so I am not tab targeting or clicking to switch.I have boss frames with the DoT tracker from Elvui. So I really need some help getting my numbers up to where they should be. I really want to parse high this fight as it is probably the best fight for Affliction locks right now.

Things I need help with:

1) I think my pet is switching targets too much. I think leaving him on 'Assist' is bad news bears and I'd love it if any of you had a simple /petattack macro.

2) Soulburn:Haunt or Demonic Servitude?

3) KJC or AD ?

4) Why is the other lock doing so much more damage than I? I feel like I could be up there with my ilvl as well.

My trinkets are not the best, but I just switched from a Warrior to Warlock this past week and the LFR trinket is the best I have at the moment.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hello, i´m playing destro at twins but i think i can still give you some tips here.

1) You should set your pet on passive and let him attack one twin all over the fight, target switches of your pet are a dps loss. btw this is for brackenspore aswell. Here is a macro for your pet to attack your mouseover target or when you haven´t one your default target:

/petattack [@mouseover,harm][]

2)Soulburn: Haunt should be your choice here i think. The Guide recommend this aswell.

3) I think KJC is a better choice for this Encounter. When you try to minimize your needed movement plus clever using of Circle and Gate (its a Thing about experience on where to use i think and a bit lucky with placement) and additionally can cast during the empowered whirlwind you should be able to increase UA uptime and overall dmg.

4)At this Moment i haven´t time to check the logs exactly and for this im not this deep into affli i think. Only looked at some random trys, but overall you should maybe try to improve your uptime on Corr and a little bit on Agony aswell, since they are instant this shouldnt be a Problem while moving with double Boss Dottimers. UA Uptime too, therefor KJC. For the end i have to say you could try to remember your fights and try to improve maybe some placements and movements, this is some experience stuff, this worked good for me.

pls correct me if i´m wrong in some points. I´m not this deep into Aflli, just try to help :)

cheers Zkeleton

Edited by Zkeleton

Probably a "Help my DPS" thread material.
But The Doctor is in anyway)

1) your UI screenshot gives 0 info of how it is looking in combat. Sorry, nothing to do here besides group frames being HUGE. Why on earth?

2)armory. no copelando / shards for trinket slots.
I know dat feel, bro...sad.png
Stats are fine, dont ever think about messing with them.

Now, your questions.
1)Use Imp. No problems here - he shoots, not punches, AND has a heal. And he is really awesome wingman. wink.png 
Did you catch that arena match last night?biggrin.png 

2)SB Haunt. Multidotting here will lead you to victory, so both intuitivly and mathematically better.

3)KJC or bust for me.
It's not like it's a matter of preference or something like "meh i can dodge ima mythic raider"

Dead don't DPS.
And then they get benched.

question 4 tied to log analysis. I'm not really good at it, but I'll try to point at what I see.

24 wipes.
Ouch.

Second lock pulled ahead probably because of gear. Legendary proc ring ain't jokecool.png Trinkets as well. 
You also died a bit more than he did. Resulted in total logs result.

Uptimes are very decent. Just tryhard as you can. Mechanics should carry. Don't die in a fire. Eat some Asian Food. Practice SB Haunt + Imp, Don't die in a fire. Get Trinket somewhere. Copelando solid numero uno(huehuehue), .Heroic Shards are more realistic to get.  They stack bad, remember)

Did I mentioned fire? biggrin.png

Edited by Paracel

Both of you are having trouble keeping your dots up on both targets. It is very important to keep them up. The fight offers many opportunities to move, and that is a great time to be recasting the instant speed dots. Even if they are not quite within refresh range, make use of your globals.

here is my parse for comparison. You can look at our 20 wipes too smile.png

specific questions:

1) Target switching is mostly a problem for the observer and the felguard, but putting your pet on passive and then telling him to attack 1 target will be a small dps gain.

2) SB:Haunt and DS are actually very close on 2 target. If you can handle the extra difficulty of SB:haunt, go for it, but it's not a very large gain at this gear level.

3) I use KJC, it seems to be up for every blaze. We have 2 hunters that use foxes during empowered whirlwinds. More hunters and you might be able to use AD.

4) Every attempt is different. On the whole I'd say he does a better job of keeping his dots up than you do. Looking at you guys' longest attempt, dot uptimes are very similar for you guys, but he has 9% more haunt uptime and 6% more drain soul uptime. He probably moves less often than you do, giving him more casting time.

Edited by Yuux

1) You should set your pet on passive and let him attack one twin all over the fight, target switches of your pet are a dps loss. btw this is for brackenspore aswell. Here is a macro for your pet to attack your mouseover target or when you haven´t one your default target:

/petattack [@mouseover,harm][]

2)Soulburn: Haunt should be your choice here i think. The Guide recommend this aswell.

3) I think KJC is a better choice for this Encounter. When you try to minimize your needed movement plus clever using of Circle and Gate (its a Thing about experience on where to use i think and a bit lucky with placement) and additionally can cast during the empowered whirlwind you should be able to increase UA uptime and overall dmg.

Thanks a bunch for the macro! I will definitely try it out and I'm sure it will help a bit with dps from my pet. I may try SB:H but in the past attempts on heroic and normal I've had a hard time keeping it up while also using Dark Soul and other cooldowns. Just a personal issue, really. I will try KJC on some earlier pulls again tonight and see if it helps with keeping those dots up! I did have a problem with UA falling off while having to move between fires.

1) your UI screenshot gives 0 info of how it is looking in combat. Sorry, nothing to do here besides group frames being HUGE. Why on earth?

2)armory. no copelando / shards for trinket slots.

I know dat feel, bro...sad.png

Stats are fine, dont ever think about messing with them.

Now, your questions.

1)Use Imp. No problems here - he shoots, not punches, AND has a heal. And he is really awesome wingman. wink.png 

Did you catch that arena match last night?biggrin.png 

2)SB Haunt. Multidotting here will lead you to victory, so both intuitivly and mathematically better.

3)KJC or bust for me.

It's not like it's a matter of preference or something like "meh i can dodge ima mythic raider"

.Heroic Shards are more realistic to get.  They stack bad, remember)

Did I mentioned fire? biggrin.png

If I go with SB:H I will try the Imp out. Is he better than the Doomguard? I would probably assume so. If you do go with GoSup are you able to use the Terrorguard summon for lust / beginning of pull like in MoP?

The raid frames are just personal preference really. I just kinda wanted to show that I can track dot timers with the Boss Frames.. which is why it's just a preview of the boss frames and it's not actually showing just the 2 targets on twins.

I know.. I took much too much damage from crap last night, I will need to get better at that.. (1st night as ranged on twins) 

Also, what do you mean by 'They stack bad, remember?' in regards to the Shard of Nothing..

Both of you are having trouble keeping your dots up on both targets. It is very important to keep them up. The fight offers many opportunities to move, and that is a great time to be recasting the instant speed dots. Even if they are not quite within refresh range, make use of your globals.

here is my parse for comparison. You can look at our 20 wipes too smile.png

specific questions:

1) Target switching is mostly a problem for the observer and the felguard, but putting your pet on passive and then telling him to attack 1 target will be a small dps gain.

2) SB:Haunt and DS are actually very close on 2 target. If you can handle the extra difficulty of SB:haunt, go for it, but it's not a very large gain at this gear level.

3) I use KJC, it seems to be up for every blaze. We have 2 hunters that use foxes during empowered whirlwinds. More hunters and you might be able to use AD.

4) Every attempt is different. On the whole I'd say he does a better job of keeping his dots up than you do. Looking at you guys' longest attempt, dot uptimes are very similar for you guys, but he has 9% more haunt uptime and 6% more drain soul uptime. He probably moves less often than you do, giving him more casting time.

Thank you so much for this detailed analysis. I appreciate it and I will take this into accoutn and try to keep DoTs up better in the future. I will definitely try out KJC and SB:H perhaps if I feel confident enough.

Something I did recently and have found is extremely helpful for the fight (Twins) is getting focus macros and DoT timers. In my case this means 1, 2, 3 and Q are DoTs and Haunt keybinds. Add an alt modifier for casting the same on my focus target. This gives excellent control over DoT uptimes and more time to focus on movement/CD usage/upping Drain Soul uptime due to well planned movement. I'm on my phone right now but if you want I can link a video of me doing the fight with said setup and exports for my WeakAuras if they tickle your fancy.

I have mouseover macros for my dots so I am not tab targeting or clicking to switch.I have boss frames with the DoT tracker from Elvui.

I find that using mouseovers to dot isnt the best to do. Since you have Elvui it's very simple to click between the 2 targets.

I'd Reccomend DL'ing Weakauras or Tell me when to track your Procs+CDs+Lust.

1) Your pet wont change targets as long as you start on, in this case phemos. Also Succubus is the top pet for this fight. It's very close with observer and imp but she is ahead, as long as her bladedance is the only active ability (DO NOT USE LASH wastes her energy) .

2) Soulburn:Haunt (Make sure to always have 2 Soul Shards. There will be some instances where SB: Haunt falls off don't worry. It's pretty RNG but it usually has a good outcome.

3) AD (is the dps increase), Use burning rush so you can dodge fire and get back to position faster.

4) If you can maintain your dots on both targets while saving 2 shards for SB: Haunt you will be fine and pass the other locks by quite a bit. Tbh in his gear he should be around 30-32k depending on NF procs.

I find that using mouseovers to dot isnt the best to do. Since you have Elvui it's very simple to click between the 2 targets.

I'd Reccomend DL'ing Weakauras or Tell me when to track your Procs+CDs+Lust.

1) Your pet wont change targets as long as you start on, in this case phemos. Also Succubus is the top pet for this fight. It's very close with observer and imp but she is ahead, as long as her bladedance is the only active ability (DO NOT USE LASH wastes her energy) .

2) Soulburn:Haunt (Make sure to always have 2 Soul Shards. There will be some instances where SB: Haunt falls off don't worry. It's pretty RNG but it usually has a good outcome.

3) AD (is the dps increase), Use burning rush so you can dodge fire and get back to position faster.

4) If you can maintain your dots on both targets while saving 2 shards for SB: Haunt you will be fine and pass the other locks by quite a bit. Tbh in his gear he should be around 30-32k depending on NF procs.

Using mouseovers to DoT is fine, nothing wrong with that. I use boss frames and mouseover those on fights such as Twins where nameplates aren't visible due to size.

1) Your pet will change targets if you do, such as perhaps after a Shield Charge or Whirling goes off and the boss goes out of range briefly. Also where are you getting that the Shivarra is the best? 9 out of the top 10 ranked Affliction Warlocks on this fight are using the Imp. Are you saying they are wrong? 

2) Agreed.

3) KJC is fine to use on this encounter. AD is very good as well. Pick your preference.

Something I did recently and have found is extremely helpful for the fight (Twins) is getting focus macros and DoT timers. In my case this means 1, 2, 3 and Q are DoTs and Haunt keybinds. Add an alt modifier for casting the same on my focus target. This gives excellent control over DoT uptimes and more time to focus on movement/CD usage/upping Drain Soul uptime due to well planned movement. I'm on my phone right now but if you want I can link a video of me doing the fight with said setup and exports for my WeakAuras if they tickle your fancy.

I think that's a pretty good idea but I need to fix my keybindings for it to be feasible.

I tried changing back in SoO but swapped back after a few hours.

Using mouseovers to DoT is fine, nothing wrong with that. I use boss frames and mouseover those on fights such as Twins where nameplates aren't visible due to size.

1) Your pet will change targets if you do, such as perhaps after a Shield Charge or Whirling goes off and the boss goes out of range briefly. Also where are you getting that the Shivarra is the best? 9 out of the top 10 ranked Affliction Warlocks on this fight are using the Imp. Are you saying they are wrong?

2) Agreed.

3) KJC is fine to use on this encounter. AD is very good as well. Pick your preference.

Thanks for your reply Shizwix! I watched your video and it has been a deciding factor in me using those moreover macros because I saw you were using them. I am now also going to set them up for Shadowburn after seeing your Brack kill. But I think I may have better Aff gear at the moment actually.

Anyways thank you all! We downed it tonight!!!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/xApc9Wt1GPXLq34D#fight=9&type=damage-done

I did really pretty badly I think. I went with the Fel Imp though he seemed pretty good in your video. I did go on a bout of a shard dry steak towards ~4minutes but this was partly because I think I messed up using a shard I didn't need to. Better SB:H Upton and a little better DoT management. Doing with a better dark soul and I think I would have done much better.

But it was an improvement over last night. Thank you guys a lot!!

Edited by Wulfie

Also where are you getting that the Shivarra is the best? 9 out of the top 10 ranked Affliction Warlocks on this fight are using the Imp. Are you saying they are wrong?

Yes they are wrong. If the shivarra is just bladedacing and melee swinging she is ahead by a little bit.

Shivarra (Viziah #6 would be #1 if he didnt fail at avoiding fire)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w1Ny7bFGBRjhmdQW#fight=19&type=damage-done&source=13&start=5540884&end=5821329

Fel Imp(Shizwix #12)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WyHZj2RVGmAP67DM#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=139&start=6291942&end=6573872

You guys were the same ilvl 680. I also fixed the time to 0-4:40

Edited by Godmare

Yes they are wrong. If the shivarra is just bladedacing and melee swinging she is ahead by a little bit.

Shivarra (Viziah #6 would be #1 if he didnt fail at avoiding fire)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w1Ny7bFGBRjhmdQW#fight=19&type=damage-done&source=13&start=5540884&end=5821329

Fel Imp(Shizwix #12)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WyHZj2RVGmAP67DM#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=139&start=6291942&end=6573872

You guys were the same ilvl 680. I also fixed the time to 0-4:40

You can't just link two people of the same ilvl as say "there!". Where is the control?

We both have different levels of secondary stats. Someone with Mastery would see less overall pet damage than someone with higher Haste / Crit / Multi.

Secondly you forgot one crucial aspect, I used KJC whereas he used AD. He therefore had an extra 20 seconds during that fight where both he AND his Shivarra had 30% additional Haste.

The fact that the difference in damage between my Imp and his Shivarra was only 25K damage kind of makes this all irrelevant. 

The pets do the same damage pretty much, pick what you want. I actually LOVE using the Shivarra, but she isn't miles ahead of anyone.

• Like 1

The pets do the same damage pretty much, pick what you want. I actually LOVE using the Shivarra, but she isn't miles ahead of anyone.

Pets are silly close together in DPS, no reason to use one over the other unless you're doing so for the pet ability or just because you can.

Fun fact, In SoO I made a bet with a warlock that was trying to argue that the Fel Puppy was the only pet worth using in that I would get a top 200 rank on every fight using a Void Walker.

Easiest 5,000 gold I ever made.

• Like 1