FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

RESTO: Anyone using Mark of Warsong?

I see tons of resto druids using the spirit enchant, I do too currently but with the minor update yesterday would it be prudent or advisable to go ahead and switch over to it for the haste?

OR

Is it still going to be a playstyle thing? Opinions?

Whats the change? didnt see anything in the patch notes

If your having mana issues then dropping spirit for haste is possible the worst thing you can do, as all it does it allows you to oom faster

But its definetly a playstyle thing, now they've fixed the Breakpoint bug with WG I'm tempted to try and get down to 7% or so haste, at a progression stage the limited extra healing it gives is far outweighed by the fact it simply burns mana [allowing me to stack crit/ms instead of spirit]

I'm not having mana issues, I am referring to the  hot fix regarding WG and it scaling with haste better...

Druid
Restoration
Wild Growth's healing should now smoothly increase with Haste instead of having breakpoints. Total healing for the ability will vary slightly depending how much Haste the Druid had previously; with healing increasing slightly for most Druids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16561637/603-hotfixes-january-7-1-7-2015

Edited by gonlaz

Whats the change? didnt see anything in the patch notes

If your having mana issues then dropping spirit for haste is possible the worst thing you can do, as all it does it allows you to oom faster

But its definetly a playstyle thing, now they've fixed the Breakpoint bug with WG I'm tempted to try and get down to 7% or so haste, at a progression stage the limited extra healing it gives is far outweighed by the fact it simply burns mana [allowing me to stack crit/ms instead of spirit]

That's interesting, you'd stack crit/multi over mastery then? You mixing gems or are you referring to pieces of gear or gemming/enchants?

Edited by gonlaz

Thought you meant a change in the enchant biggrin.png

WG itself hasnt improved, what you now get is similar healing at 14.2% as you get at 14.4% where as before you would get a 10% increase or so once you got the extra tick,

So despite what the patch note says, for the "majority of people" with 900 unbuffed haste WG now heals for a lot less [because you were getting a full 9th tick, now you only get a partial of ~300]

EDIT: To reply to your question above, the more haste you have the more spirit you "need"

So instead of using haste/spirit rings or haste/spirit back I plan to swap them out with mastery/multistrike back (& the mastery/crit ring from kargath with the legendary ring) because more mastery & less haste = more output  & less spirit needed (in a very basic way)

Might not be the best way of looking at it, But If I can go oom in a 3min butcher fight with a "normal" amount of overheal I have 2 options, stack spirit, or go the opposite way, reduce the amount I can cast/make those existing casts heal for more (so i dont need to cast as many) [the 2 trinkets from imperator in HM as example 301 spirit vs 228 intellect, (the other stats are similar) the int is the same as about 5-6% mastery

Edited by Brady84

Thought you meant a change in the enchant biggrin.png

WG itself hasnt improved, what you now get is similar healing at 14.2% as you get at 14.4% where as before you would get a 10% increase or so once you got the extra tick,

So despite what the patch note says, for the "majority of people" with 900 unbuffed haste WG now heals for a lot less [because you were getting a full 9th tick, now you only get a partial of ~300]

EDIT: To reply to your question above, the more haste you have the more spirit you "need"

So instead of using haste/spirit rings or haste/spirit back I plan to swap them out with mastery/multistrike back (& the mastery/crit ring from kargath with the legendary ring) because more mastery & less haste = more output  & less spirit needed (in a very basic way)

I think we're speaking two different languages, so I'll start over.

The hot fix states that wg scales better with haste and we should see a variance of healing depending on how much haste one had before the change. 

I did not interpret that to mean less healing, I thought it would mean more, not groundbreaking, but an increase. Which is why I asked if anyone was using warsong - I see few druids with it while stacking haste.

What I think you are saying is off topic kind of, going directly to "if you have mana issues don't switch out of spirit" which is nowhere in my OP. So you've confused me, I don't mean to seem rude, I just need to point that out.

I'm not on mythic as of yet, I am 5/7 heroic so I am in progression but not being a math guy I'm not into experimenting with crit/ms vs haste or mastery myself, I'm no theorycrafter. I've always felt comfortable with haste, whenever I switch to mastery I feel my healing suffers, that's just me. I am currently in the opinion of haste=mastery and it's a playstyle thing

Thank you for the time and responding and I'm not ungrateful

Edited by gonlaz

We're Misunderstanding each other

They have fixed the scaling issue with WG

If you currently have 900 unbuffed haste, (14.3%) then WG will now heal for less [because this is the point where you get the 9th tick, pre-fix you got a full tick of ~2000+ now you get a partial tick of ~100]

Before the fix the "scaling" with WG was the same whether you had 14.3% or 21%, now if you have 21% it is the same, and if you are anywhere inbetween those 2 it heals for less

Haste is no more or no less important than it was before (in fact there probably an arguement to say its worth even less now)

Edited by Brady84

Ok so mark of warsong wouldn't be worth a switch, and that fix was not a fix, it was a tweak that reduces haste's effectiveness argumentatively

Edited by gonlaz

If you were considering switching before, then its still viable, WG has just been broken since forever

(basically every 7% or so buffed there was a BP where the amount of healing gained became huge because there was never a "partial tick" the way there is with rejuv etc so between say 8-14% haste increased output by 0.03% per 1% of haste, between 14%-15% the same 1% gave you 8% or so extra healing and then it returned to giving you 0.03% per 1%)

Its impossible to test now as I don't have the same gear from when I tested it before, I would imagine that for 99% of people WG will now heal for less than it did the other day, certainly not by any noticable amount of the course of a raid though (and the tooltip was wrong/broken anyway) so it comes purely down to playstyle

If you like haste > mastery it doesnt effect you

If you like mastery == haste or Mastery > Haste(like me) & took haste to 900 or w/e for the BP, then you no longer need to and can re-enchant/gem etc to drop the extra haste

Dont use the haste enchant. Proc based throughput is worthless to a healer.  Use the spirit enchant and get rid of spirit on other pieces of your gear if you're not having mana issues.

Or use the mastery enchant if you don't want the spirit (the spirit one is much better in general though cause) it can very be 'wasted')

I'm using the mastery one becasue I share my staff with boomkin.

MY eyes are bleeding from the wow druid forums with regards to the haste buff, and they nerfed rejuv, odd - was rejuv really op? I didn't think it was... the debates rage on. 

Edited by gonlaz

It's only 5%. The only reason they nerves it was to offset the haste biff they gave everyone.

This change pushes haste a bit better than mastery. It's still very close, but it's more clear.