FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HardBeatZ

Weird / Odd Collections

So, does anyone have weird collections that they have? For myself, I have been collecting grey armor sets and have been building them together for my "poor" characters.

While doing so I have not met anyone else who has found themselves collecting things most would consider odd. So I pose the question here.

Judgement free zone!

• Like 2

That is cool, do you have the full Twill set? and what other sets do you have?

I don't really collect much myself, I mostly just take what comes my direction for mounts and pets. I did collect a lot of weapons for transmog, my void storage is pretty much stuffed with weapons (except for the really cool ones tho).

I have an involuntary collection. I have this character that I use only for disenchanting. All the BoE items I find are sent to this character, where I disenchant them. Being too lazy to sell the resulting enchanting mats on the AH, they just remain in that character's bags. Therefore, you could say I have a collection of enchanting mats (and a big one at that).

The same goes for cooking mats, which pile up on one character, from which I unsuccessfully try to sell them on the AH.

I have a collection of things that people hate me because I have them.

Examples:

Time-Lost Proto Drake (on a toon I never play who doesn't have enough gold for artisan flying on a server I forgot I had characters. Thus, it sits in his bag)

Super-Simian Sphere - On my main that I didn't notice dropped or that I won until the end of the run when I saw a new purple thingy in my bag.

Time-Lost Figurine - While trying to open the Skyguard rep with the wife, our first kill of the big boss out there dropped this. I won it not realizing what it was. The wife yelled at me.

There's probably more but that's all i can think about.

• Like 1

Cool items LCSscallywag! I didn't know some of them even existed ;)

The Super Simean Sphere is probably my favorite. There was a druid in my old guild who had it and when you used its on-use ability AND went into druid flight form, you literally turned into a flying ape ball.

It was the greatest thing I've ever seen in game.

• Like 1

I remember seeing that Super Simean Sphere drop .. once - ever. I was like, "what the heck is that?" It dropped on the first 2 trash in Forge of Souls heroic. We all rolled "need" for it and I got the second highest roll ... and lost it. Gutted!

A few of my guildies used to gather grey gear in Wrath to run dungeons with. I enjoyed collecting everything when I first started out and was a really bad hoarder. Think I've still got some really random items like Rethban Ore even though there now obsolete!

I had a hunk-a-chunk of holiday items (everyone from every holiday event, of every year) until it took up my entire bank so I chucked em. I do however have a nice assortment of ammo. I try to sell this on the AH from time to time, or bring it to raids to show off that I have remembered enough ammo, clearly making a change from previous expansions, when I never had enough.

A guildie also sent me 'amy's blanket'. This makes me happy.

I remember getting the Very Manly Staff on my main, decided to keep it forever and accidentally sold it 2 weeks later when i got an upgrade. Now I have it on all my alts.

i have mageweave vests and leggings along with the spring circlet on all my toons, which are all female..... makes selling things on the bank steps in stormind a BREEZE.... "blow a kiss to the playboy bunny nelf on SW Bank steps and get 5g off your order!" *^__^*