FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Broloo

Need Help With Feral DPS

Hey, I'm new to this site. I don't know what is needed for information needed to help me. I am having issues keeping up dps for most fights. I can peak between 28k to 30k dps but after a while I am sitting around 15 or 16 k dps. I have claws to help me with rotation in which I am use to by now but I cant figure out why i cant stay above 20k by now. and i have 650 gear score. anyone have any ideas?

Armory

Thank you

Hey, I'm new to this site. I don't know what is needed for information needed to help me. I am having issues keeping up dps for most fights. I can peak between 28k to 30k dps but after a while I am sitting around 15 or 16 k dps. I have claws to help me with rotation in which I am use to by now but I cant figure out why i cant stay above 20k by now. and i have 650 gear score. anyone have any ideas?

Armory

Thank you

Hey. We are definitely able to help you, but we do need more information, so here is what you should do. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/this is a guide about how to use warcraftlogs, only the beginning part is what you need. Download the program and follow it's steps on how to record some combat, then post that into this thread.

If you are having trouble figuring that out, contact me at my realID (Bradykin#1248) and I can help you directly.

Thank you guys. i just setup the wow logs for my account. now i just need to find a raid... which is the hard part... should i just do the first 6 to get the basic logs for now? 

Thank you guys. i just setup the wow logs for my account. now i just need to find a raid... which is the hard part... should i just do the first 6 to get the basic logs for now? 

Doing the first branch of LFR should be more then enough information for us to be able to assist you.

First problem, your uptime with

Savage Roar

80.35%

is only 80% that has to be near 100%

Talent choice is bad too, always take Incarnation over soul, that talent is useless.

Also if you are going to cast healing touch, its better to take bloodtalon since you use the spell anyway, just try to cast HT at 4/5 combo points instead of 0 that you are doing now.

If you manage to do those things you would see a significant amount increase in dps.

so i have to come off of  cat form to cast my HT so i can get BT? HT becomes instant when i use my 5th combo point for my finishing move... idk how to get it to proc before my finishing move.

so i have to come off of  cat form to cast my HT so i can get BT? HT becomes instant when i use my 5th combo point for my finishing move... idk how to get it to proc before my finishing move.

No, you use the instant cast from your finishing move, it has a long duration that you can use (12 seconds i believe) before it expires.

is it bad that i have too much mastery though? i know im suppose to stack crit but its not easy with the gear that i keep getting 

had 2 runs with imp. 

Logs

It would be better if we can have a log of a boss dieing, so we know that mechanics of the fight didn't screw you over. Can you do a first part of LFR queue?

From this log, I can reitterate that you should be using Incarnation, not Soul of the Forest, and that your uptimes on bleeds need a lot of work, there is no reason for your bleeds to be so low. Your SR was fine (the above poster didn't see the SR buff that is applied at the beginning of the fight from engaging out of stealth, it's split into two parts.

About your mastery level. it's unfortunate, but there is nothing you can do about it beyond enchanting/gemming properly so don't worry too much about it.

Edited by Bradykin

Looking at your kar'gath log, I am noticing two distinct problems, but everything else is good.

1: You should be using your cooldowns on the pull, not delayed. Here is how you should structure your opener (using the cooldowns):

Prepull: Healing Touch on yourself

Prepull: Stealth and position near boss

On-pull: Rake

Incarnation

Shred

Shred (If Heroism is used on the pull or OoC procced in the first couple seconds)

Berserk+Tiger's Fury

Shred to 5 combo points if not there

Rip

Shred to 5 combo points

Ferocious Bite

Rake

Problem 2 is that you aren't using all of your bloodtalons buffs effectively. You procced PS 20 times, meaning that with the pre-cast healing touch you should have 21 BT buffs. However, you only had 15 on this fight. Make sure not to overlap them or let them fall off. However, I will note that for all of the BT buffs you used, you used very well, buffing many of your combo points moves.

Other then that, you seem to have done fairly well.

soo many changes i need to get use to them lol. what i did for my toon was i created a macro that used all cds at once as soon as i drop all energy first. im trying to keep up with BT but then i only have 3 points before i can cast HT and it drops. i need to find a way for energy management so i dont loose any buffs

soo many changes i need to get use to them lol. what i did for my toon was i created a macro that used all cds at once as soon as i drop all energy first. im trying to keep up with BT but then i only have 3 points before i can cast HT and it drops. i need to find a way for energy management so i dont loose any buffs

If the buff is about to drop, cast it, regardless of what points you are at. Holding it until 4-5 combo points gets easier with gear, but one main thing you can do to help is to pool energy before using a finishing move so you have that energy to push for the next one.

Brady: its time you learned how to check bloodtalon usage as well. (I.e. what spells consumed bloodtalons.)

Go to Buffs -> Press the '+' button on blood talons. Then go to Casts and you'll probably see a bunch of shred casts on the graph.  You want to clear that for now by clicking on the section for shred (not the spell name) which should clear the graph.

Now you want to click 'Separate' until it becomes 'Main'

gyQ527w.png

Now I may be wrong, but I'm assuming that you want to cast Rip -> Rake or Rake -> Rip in most cases to consume bloodtalons correct?

Load all the 'Rip' casts

FXK5gQv.png

Everything that's either inside or right after the green section was casted under the bloodtalons buff. If you do the same thing with Rip by pressing the '+' button and then putting it into the main graph, you can get a bit of a finer detail.

Lets zoom into one of these blood talon buffs

HfjiA2S.png

Based on this, you can tell he did a rake first 1~ second after the buff was applied, and then a rip after wards.  Click on other spells to see what else was casted in this time window.

Looking at this one:

vcmJvpR.png

He casted a rip about 7 seconds before his healing touch, then rake into FB.

@Broloo: I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I'm just helping brady get better at using Warcraftlogs, so he can possibly help others more in detail in the future.

@Brady: ask me if there is something specific you want to try to see in a log. Kinda hoping showing you this opens up ideas for other things you could look for.

• Like 1

Thanks Krazy, i've been doing it manually in the casts section, just looking through it and seeing what was cast after each healing touch, it was a major pain in the ass.