Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cowworth

Blood DK Multistrike Softcap?

7 posts in this topic

I am growing increasingly curious if there's ever going to be a part in our stat priorities where we stack multistrike until enough of it, then going mastery afterwards, seeming as Wowhead tends to mention the idea of stacking Multistrike until the spec flow feels comfortable in their little guide, was wondering if this is worth trying at all.

P.S Thanks for giving me your thoughts on this in advance! :)

In first place: Mastery is our main defensive stat (besides bonus armor of course).

As I am a more defense-fan in tanking, I will always prefer mastery over multistrike for exact that cause. Also mastery is a more reliable stat as it is considered for every deathstrike you use.

There are some theories around to use multistrike to hit more often with our deathstrike, but I am curious if this will really outweigh the bonus we gain from mastery.

So I personally would never trade mastery for multistrike.

Regarding the next-prior attributes (versatility, crit etc..)... maybe it makes sense to use multistrike as your next priority after mastery.

Also in the discussion thread for the guide in the forum (http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7281-blood-death-knight-603/page-3) this basically is also part of the last discussion (in first place by me ...).

But at the main guide site you will also see 2 different stat priorities depending on more offensive (more or less the way you think about handling your playstyle) or more defensive (the way I prefer).

One time I forgot to change from my DD equip back to my tank equip for some HC inis... still worked out quite good with a not really good equipped heal on my side, and the DD gear mostly consists of multistrike of course, but also has a good amount of mastery.

So I guess there is a possibility that mainly depending on multistrike may indeed be a valid way and worth to try (but maybe with a heal you can trust on this).

If you tested it, please also tell us the results.

TLDL;

I guess the way is valid, but is an extremely offensive way (and will give the healer a tougher time) and in my opinion, mastery should at least have a higher priority than multistrike.

According to logs multistrike hits from death strike don't multistrike heal, so there's 0 defensive gain from multistrike, unless someone can prove otherwise with the combat log.

According to logs multistrike hits from death strike don't multistrike heal, so there's 0 defensive gain from multistrike, unless someone can prove otherwise with the combat log.

This seems to be the case. I have examined my logs since January (44 boss pulls) and can see quite a lot of Death Strike multistrike damage, but not a single instance of Death Strike multistrike healing.

Wondering if this is a bug to be reported, or Working As Intended . Other tanks´ self heals, for instance prot pally WoG can multistrike.

I'm not sure. it could be a bug in Warcraft logs. I've checked world of logs also and it doesn't track multistrike at all for anything. It could be a bug on blizzards side, or maybe it's working as intended because Blood DK's are really strong right now as is, if we add in multistrike heals we'd be extremely overpowered, and they'd probably need to nerf the base DS heal to make up for it. If I'm feeling really ambition at some point I'll hit a target dummy and read through the raw log to see if I can find any mulstrike DS heals.

I'm quite positive that DS heals don't multistrike. Also with enough multistrike, like 25% (or more? i haven't tested it) and spell_deathknight_breathofsindragosa.jpgBreath of Sindragosa you can do some serious dps as tank, if you can manage your runic power well. Of course at some fights its better to use defile.