FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toffees

Which addons for affliction management?

Hi and thanks for the great site. Really easy to read and find info. I was wondering what addons you use to help with affliction dot management, proc notification etc. I've started to use TellMeWhen but am finding it a bit difficult to set up. I'm also using xperl raid frames but am finding them very 'busy'. I'm looking for a nice clean interface with just the info I need to max my affliction dps. What's your thoughts on elvui?

• Like 1

I don't use ElvUI, but I may try it out. Currently I use it's inferior brother, TukUI, and it comes loaded with a Classtimers addition that allows you to easily add notifications. Above my character frame, I see debuff durations on target in red, buff durations on me in yellow, and things like Potions and Trinkets I want tracked in white. It's very useful. I'll know if ElvUI has something similar when I try it this weekend.

I just switched to ElvUI after about five years of using Forte + Quartz + Power Auras + all sorts of other addons and it's incredible. It does everything TukUI has right out of the box. You'll need to play around with for a bit and it takes some getting used to but I highly recommend it. Also snag DrainSouler to keep track of your MG ticks and account for periodic boosts in haste.

Cheers guys. I'm a fan of TMW so I guess I'll persevere and get it setup correctly. One thing that would be great though is an addon that would show me the spell power (per dps/dot taking into account SP and haste) applied to each dot at the point they were cast as well as a value for the current spell power. That way I could better make a judgement call as to whether to refresh or not. Judging whether or not to refresh to take advantage of procs appears to be the key to good dps (along with a perfect rotation of course!!). Does anyone know of an addon that comes close? Or are there any developers out there that would like to collaborate?

Edited by Toffees

Cheers guys. I'm a fan of TMW so I guess I'll persevere and get it setup correctly. One thing that would be great though is an addon that would show me the spell power (or dps/dot taking into account SP and haste) applied to each dot at the point they were cast as well as a number for the current spell power. That way I could better make a judgement call as to whether to refresh or not. Judging whether or not to refresh to take advantage of procs appears to be the key to good dps (along with a perfect rotation of course!!). Does anyone know of an addon that comes close? Or are there any developers out there that would like to collaborate?

You could just simply set up in Tell Me When, a button, to apear when certain procs apear (such as trinkets, weapon enchant, etc.)

Hi

You could just simply set up in Tell Me When, a button, to apear when certain procs apear (such as trinkets, weapon enchant, etc.)

Yep, this is what I've done, but that doesnt tell me what spell power was applied to the already running dots. Unless you know what the current spell power is vs the currently running SP on your dots. it would be a DPS decrease to simply renew dots because something proc'ed unless the current SP was greater.

Edited by Toffees

I think that addon is way too complicated for what I want... I saw an addon just for that somewhere but unfortunately cant remember where

For channeling ticks, get Drain Souler. It does Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul. It's a small little black box that is all you'll ever need for this purpose.

Cheers guys. I'm a fan of TMW so I guess I'll persevere and get it setup correctly. One thing that would be great though is an addon that would show me the spell power (or dps/dot taking into account SP and haste) applied to each dot at the point they were cast as well as a number for the current spell power. That way I could better make a judgement call as to whether to refresh or not. Judging whether or not to refresh to take advantage of procs appears to be the key to good dps (along with a perfect rotation of course!!). Does anyone know of an addon that comes close? Or are there any developers out there that would like to collaborate?

DotHaste will show you the current SP and for each DoT also colour codes the numbers according to whether refreshing will gives a bonus or not (yellow=bonus, green=same, blue=defecit).

DotHaste will show you the current SP and for each DoT also colour codes the numbers according to whether refreshing will gives a bonus or not (yellow=bonus, green=same, blue=defecit).

Sweet!! I haven't tried it yet but this is what I was looking for. Thanks

I've tried AffDots but it sometimes forgets that a dot is currently running on a target. I'm not sure if its because I'm running other dot monitoring mods (e.g. DotHaste), but I can replicate the issue at will simply by applyig a few dots, re-applying a couple and then wathcing to see of Agony drops from AffDots list. Not got to the bottom of it yet but it looks like an interesting project.

Does anyone know an addon to help track when spells miss? I don't know what I was using before, but something I was using would play an obnoxious PFTTTTTTTT noise and alert me on my screen whenever something missed. I just switched to ElvUI and can't figure out what addon was doing that.

Does anyone know an addon to help track when spells miss? I don't know what I was using before, but something I was using would play an obnoxious PFTTTTTTTT noise and alert me on my screen whenever something missed. I just switched to ElvUI and can't figure out what addon was doing that.

The only addon that helped out dot tracking and also helped with a visual (From what I know) is Forte-Xorcist. Really nice to help out with the dot uptime, and it has some powerfull customization capability.