Agrobane, on 02 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:
I'm new here so be gentle with me...
Have been playing Wow for years now, mostly as Fury Warrior (TG) but have started raiding seriously recently and can't belive I'm last on the horrid DPS meter every single raid.
Here's the link to me on Battle Net http://eu.battle.net...robane/advanced
I've been following the rotation as per the Omnipotent Mr Veins, Mr Robot likes the build, and - more importantly -experienced MDPS raiders in the guild have played along side me and inspected the logs etc and I'm not making any horrendous/obvious errors - but I still can't crack 40K (damage done) in a raid.
1) Is this purely because I have a pair of 463 Weaps - Fury scales with gear (particularly Weap upgrades) so it's a big chunk of the issue?
2) Dancing Steel over Windsong? I can't decide or get a difinite answer.
3) Am I the only one getting this Raid DPS prob? I see Prot warriors doing well, but being DPS Warrior and having to remain mobile is destroying the numbers...
4) Help? Please - I really dont want the guild thinking of me as a de-buff anymore and I want to hit stuff in the face like a real man without being ashamed of the stupid meters post-raid inspection.
All help most welcome. Thanks to all contributing/responding.
You are right that your armory seems in order, and Mr. Robot seems happy with you too. Dancing Steel is best but frankly, unless you're doing cutting edge progression, it's a waste of money on a blue weapon.
Without being able to look at logs, I can only tell you limited things, but what I will say is that weapons do make a huge contribution to your DPS as a melee, and maybe especially so as a Warrior. So, this will definitely hold you back, and since your weapons are somewhat in stark contrast with the rest of your gear, you'll feel unnaturally gimped.
Overall, Fury Warriors aren't topping any meters right now (obviously, there are exceptions), but they're in a pretty good place overall, and there's no reason why you should be bottom of the charts consistently just because of your class/spec.
Assuming that you are indeed doing things right (again, can't check much without logs), then you could look at any of the following factors for affecting your DPS/position on the DPS meter.
- You have a low uptime on the targets (whether because you are slow to zero in on a new target, or because it takes you a long time to realize that you need to switch etc.)
- You have (severe?) latency issues, which cause you to waste global cooldowns/idle. Provided that there's no latency, you might have some "brain latency", in other words you aren't mashing your keys hard enough so that not even a split second goes by without you using an ability.
- You are executing the tactics wrong, even though your rotation is good. For example, if you're spending any amount of time attacking a guardian with Solid Stone on The Stone Guard, or attacking an Emperor's Courage from the front on Will of the Emperor, yes, your DPS will go down.
- You are not being good enough at attacking the targets from behind, thus getting parried a lot. I'm currently raiding on a melee DPS and I can say that I'm having more trouble than usual telling which way the bosses are even facing, what with them constantly turning around to cast spells at raid members/tank movement, and a whole lot of spell effects going on on their models (25 man).
Finally, your position on the DPS charts relative to the rest of your raid obviously also depends on their gear levels. Do they all have epic (even LFR) weapons? Are even the ones with blues/lower gear than you consistently beating you?