Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackiechoun

Holy or Disc for Zon'ozz HC

5 posts in this topic

I have a dual spec Holy and Disc on my priest. My guild is finally going to try Zon'ozz Heroic and I was wondering what would be the most easiest spec to play in this encounter.

thnaks

Could you add some more information like tanks, other healers and raid size(10/25)?

Both are really good, but it depends a lot on your setup.

My guild is a 10-man guild. Our tanks are usually a protection paladin and a blood dk. Though, our fury warrior has a tanking spec, just in case. For the other healers, they are usually a resto shaman and a holy paladin (balance druid has a resto spec, in case).

thanks!

I'd imagine that the holy pally would be able to take care of the tanks with a little help from a holy priest and the resto sham. Check out this page for heroic Zon'ozz suggestions. I'd imagine being a holy priest would be a lot better because during the black phase you will be able to do a lot more healing, and have a lot more AoE healing cooldowns to use as opposed to disc.

Use the Blood DK to tank to trivialize the 2nd Psychic blast with Anti Magic Shell. For your healing comp, Disc or Holy both provide useful tools, while Holy, in my opinion, is more useful on every single fight. For the first Black Phase, use Aura Mastery and Divine Hymn. For 2nd Black Phase, use the Resto Shaman's Totem CD and personal CD's. For the 3rd, go back to Aura Mastery and Divine Hymn. Having a DK tank on this fight (and most other fights) makes this encounter much less difficult.

For positioning, have the Holy Paladin in the melee group taking care of the tank while you and the Shaman stay at range and handle the dispels. The Paladin has more useful heals to use while moving, so he/she can heal while moving out of the way of the ball.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By platinumwolfe
      Guild Info:
      [Emerald Dream][A] <Scrub Squad> is a casual raiding guild, currently at 7/7H 3/3N 2/3H. We need a few more solid people to start Mythic!

Raid Times:
      Our raid nights are Tuesday/Thursday from 8-12pm eastern.

We're looking for people wanting to have fun while raiding and downing content. - No stress.
      We are looking for ranged and melee DPS for Mythic Progression.
      Also we run Mythic + all week and have several groups downing 11's and 12's. We hope to get up to 15 soon! 
      Currently looking for:
      Tanks: No demand
      Melee DPS: Low demand (Warrior, Havoc, Windwalker, or anyone exceptional)
      Ranged DPS: High demand (Mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlock, anyone exceptional)
      Healers: No demand
      We're at 19 members looking to get a few more to sit around 20-23. New members should be ilevel 860+ but that's not firm.

About Our Current Members:
      Most have extensive raiding backgrounds, and some come from previous hardcore raiding guilds. We're looking for a casual environment for less stressful and more fun raiding.

What Want In Members:
      Reliable - At least 80% attendance
      Friendly - fun loving!
      Self-motivated - players who can look up boss fights and class information on their own. With limited raiding time we can't afford to spend it all explaining boss mechanics multiple times.
      Chill - we're not looking for people who cause drama or place blame on people for failure.
      Attitude - Don't be a jerk, not just to guildies, but to everyone.
      Mature, Thick skinned - we can say some pretty offensive jokes.
      Ideally skilled - but that's something that can be helped.
      On the Emerald Dream server, or willing to transfer. For running Mythic raids, players have to be on our server.
      Feel free to pop into our recruitment discord to talk to an officer or leave a message! 
      https://discord.gg/y6ArYFU
      Battletag -  Wolfe#1468

• By Dominia
      LOOKING FOR MORE DPS
      7/7 Normal EN
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Trial of Valor on Normal
      Starting H ToV soon

<Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.

We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm  (Eastern)

Atmosphere
      ----------------
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.

Expectations
      -----------------
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).

We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well. 

Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 

Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.

Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.

Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.

Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 

Bring the fun.

If you are interested in joining us, please post the following information on Discord at https://discord.gg/KrmxZ9w and someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
      Toon Name@Server
      Class: Spec/Off Spec
      Main Spec: iLevel / artifact level / AK level
      Prior Raid Experience
      Battletag
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Pandacho
      I'm creating this stand alone thread with my UI so it would be easier to maintain and update the strings here, rather than in two different guides that already grew too big for easy updates.
      My UI looks like this:

All the frames except of the raid ones are ElvUI, raid frames are Vuhdo.
      The shaman hub in the middle is Sweetsour's Shaman Auras.
      ElvUI profile:
      Pastebin

Please read carefully before importing VuhDo profiles:
      VuhDo profiles do not contain custom bouquets so to use my bouquets you will have to import them to VuhDo before importing my profile.
      If you will not import custom bouquets, you will get an error message about them missing.
      If you don't need my bouquets but only a general layout, you can choose other options instead of them in VuhDo configuration in game.

Custom bouquets:
      Paladin Beacon
      Personal CDs
      Raid Cooldowns
      Single_targ_mitigation

VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Shaman Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

VuhDo profile Resto Druid (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Druid (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Druid Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

UI video 5-man:

UI video raid:

• By Jester
      Hello everyone, I am new on the forum, but have seen and read a lot of forum posts, and guides on my Resto Druid.
      Background about past experience is I have only played Melee DPS Since BC. I never once touched a druid, nor have I ever played a healer class.
      Legion is the first time I have ever played Healing, and found to really enjoy it. Starting to actually gear up my Resto Shaman as well.
      Questions I have is regarding this, which I hope helps other Resto druid's questions.
      How is my itemization. What could I change (other than upgrading the enchants and gems) that will help me go farther with numbers on HPS. Gear I may should farm towards, etc. Including trinket options.
      Trinket List I Have 
      *Equipped 
      850 Chrono Shard
      875 Vial of Nightmare Fog
      *In my Bags
      865 Naglfar Flare
      855 Flask of Solemn Night

What should my talents be per Boss Fight in Emerald Nightmare. (Ex. I see a lot of players running Cultivation on Ursoc)
      I understand there is no set rotation for healing, and it can always change. I'm going to attempt to start recording the Boss Fights if it helps.
      Another thing I understand is that HPS is crap at the end of the day. If no one dies, that why should I complain, or wonder if I can approve my HPS/Healing, however being an inexperienced healer, I would like to learn more about it so I can achieve better Healing and be far more efficient in raids. 

First is my logs from Last night Mythic Raid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wk2VA3T4tDRar1wJ/

We do run a 4 man heal team. However we had to put our healers.

This is my armory, Currently setting at 871.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Jéstër/simple

Armory of our other Resto Druid Kusuri
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Kûsuri/simple

I know he out-gears me, but should there be that much of a gap difference?
      I have pulled higher numbers at times, but that was either by death, or by we did not need constant heals on a fight but those are far and in between. 

Below are also Last weeks logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XvpARnkw1zTZ2aLh/#fight=11

Thank you,
      Jester

• By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 4/7 M EN 2/3 H ToV
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      Tanks: N/A, looking for OS tanks and subs.
      Ranged: Boomkin & Others , & looking for subs
      Melee: Open (Non-Leather), & looking for subs.
      Healers: Restoration Shaman, looking for subs.
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)