Fixiwix

Shadow survivability

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I hope this isn't covered elsewhere on the site. I am currently level 92 and I am having a hard time surviving encounters with more than 2 regular mobs or when facing some of the tougher quest mobs and rare elites. Currently I can only use shadow when I am only facing one or two mobs at a time. Otherwise I use disc.

How can I use shadow on these tougher encounters?

Thanks

If you don't use it, I would recommend using Psychic Horror on the second mob or to fear the boss. Using as many orbs as you can will allow you to keep it pinned for a max of 6 secs, and during this time you can cast at it and it will not break the fear. Other than that, hotkey your shield and use it on cd, and don't be afraid to use Desperate Prayer (if you chose this tier 1 talent).

1. Bring a guildie with you who can hold aggro. I know this won't always be an option, but it's the single best thing you can do to improve your survivability.
  2. Do your damnedest to only pull one mob at a time.
  3. Bring a bodyguard (i.e. a follower assigned to your barracks). If you don't have a follower tank, bring one with nice AoEs to help when you pull a second mob.
  4. Power Word: Shield yourself pre-pull, and renew it on cooldown.
  5. Pile your DoTs on the secondary target. (I usually replace mind spike in my rotation with applying DoTs on non-primary targets.)
  6. Carry Healing Tonics to help you last a little bit longer - they're like lock cookies, but better.
  7. Use crowd control (I like Void Tendrils) to help you keep distance from melee.
  8. Have dispersion ready for when things go sour.

And, ultimately, understand that you're just a little bit squishier than most. I couldn't solo Direfang Alphas until I was 650 or so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a semi-casual raiding guild.
      At this point in time we are trying to round out our roster and eventually attempt Mythic raids once we feel comfortable with our raid composition.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS.
      Legion Progression:
      [EN]    7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      [ToV]  3/3 Normal - 1/3 Heroic
      Contacts:
      Sodium#11394
    • By NasharStormrage
      Here on Icy Vein's under the Arms Warrior DPS guide here is the recommended relic choice. I was under the impression that [Exploit the Weakness] was our top priority even if it meant 20-25iLvl difference. Since it would increase the proc chance by a factor of x2 with all three relics increasing Tacticians...
      Why does this guide on Icy Veins say otherwise? Is it because the information is out of date and hasn't been updated?

(Original Link: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-artifact-talents-traits-relics)

Unfortunately this is not someting I can just run a Sim on because I don't currently have any [Exploit the Weakness] relics.
    • By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By Matster
      Just thought I would ask the group, Does it seem like arms kind of got screwed a bit with no Health CD besides the raid wide Commanding Shout?  I'm finding that I have to carry some health pots for Oh Shit moments during the raid when enraged regen used to help keep me up at other times.  Trying to get a hit off on the boss after getting a victory rush kind of sucks.
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 4/7 M EN 2/3 H ToV
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      Tanks: N/A, looking for OS tanks and subs.
      Ranged: Boomkin & Others , & looking for subs
      Melee: Open (Non-Leather), & looking for subs.
      Healers: Restoration Shaman, looking for subs.
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)