FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nygax

feral druid help

so I am close to getting kicked from my raid team because of low dps, and it looks like i need some help...

here's a couple of logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jgW4F91ZNJYmb3zD

(our blood dk died on Tectus so I had to pop heart of the wild and tank for a bit)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GxKCmgXRBa37fZ1b

(on Kargath I got pulled into the stands instead of a healer so I had to pop heart of the wild and heal)

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Nygax/advanced

other than when I use heart of the wild I can't see what I'm doing wrong...any ideas?

Low DPS for your ilvl or low DPS for HC Progression? 

Had a quick look through your general dps [dont play enough feral to go right into it] but from a general dps point of view you're in no way holding your group back [or even close to being the "worst" dps]

Kargath you out dps 3 ranged [and 2 hunters] despite accidentally going into crowd group and healing]

Butcher - 2nd highest dps with 27k when 3 of them dont even pull 20k

Brackenspore - you should do miles more dps here as loads of the fight is spent under the blue mushrooms which are effectively Timewarp

Tectus - 5 people are sub 20k dps and dying to the "red mist" your tanks also dead twice because he's not using death strike enough in his rotation, nor is he using anti-magic shell, our main tank played on his 642 alt and self-healed/mitigated 2.5m more damage than your 658

TLDR: Hopefully somebody can analyse your logs to help you improve you dps, but if theres finger pointing and people being blamed theres a good 6 or 7 much more obvious than you such as

people dying to avoidable damage / 2 hunters & shadow priest / DK Tank / shaman healer / 2nd druid healer

Edited by Brady84

the 2nd logs were from our alt group where I am 10 item levels above just about everybody so I really should be top dps on every fight, I just brought my druid to practice...and I have improved a lot on most fights over the past couple weeks (went from the 17th to 60th percentile on H kargath, 31st to 74th percentile on H butcher, etc) but I still feel like I'm not doing the dps I should be for my item level, especially on brackenspore, and especially since we are going to start mythic progression soon

the 2nd logs were from our alt group where I am 10 item levels above just about everybody so I really should be top dps on every fight, I just brought my druid to practice...and I have improved a lot on most fights over the past couple weeks (went from the 17th to 60th percentile on H kargath, 31st to 74th percentile on H butcher, etc) but I still feel like I'm not doing the dps I should be for my item level, especially on brackenspore, and especially since we are going to start mythic progression soon

Using your H Butcher log at the moment to analyze for rotation:

1: Savage Roar and Dot uptime were all decent, but can be improved. SR dropped for a little bit at the 2:50 mark, Your Rake had 96% and Rip had 92% uptime. Again, these are all not bad percentages, but can be better.

2: You got 26 PS procs during the fight, meaning that in addition to the pre-casted Healing Touch you should have 27 BT buffs, you only had 24. Not terrible, but that's 6 spells that could be doing 30% more damage, which when used properly on Rakes/Rips/Ferocious Bites is a good amount of damage. The Bloodtalons buffs you are using are timed well though, aligned with your finishers and Rakes, so kudos for that.

3: Your cooldown usage is slightly off. Using Berserk and Incarnation at the same time is bad, since it wastes a GCD of Berserk when you click Incarnation. Instead, hit Incarnation first, then use Berserk at the end of the GCD that Incarnation causes.

4: You make the common mistake of using your first 5 combo points on a FB and your second set on a BT-powered Rip. It is mathematically more damage to do this the other way around (Rip with the first 5cp, then BT-powered FB with the second set and third set of combo points, then Rip again with the 4th).

As a whole though, I would say you are doing fairly well. These are all things that will help your damage, but none of them are major problems, just areas where you can achieve greater mastery. As a whole, good work. 

the 2nd logs were from our alt group where I am 10 item levels above just about everybody

I only looked at the first set of logs where everybody is ~660 ilvl so stand by what i said :)

Edited by Brady84

To piggyback on what Bradykin said, you are doing fairly well.  A bit more practice and you should feel more confident with your rotation.

I would suggest dropping HotW in favor of DoC.  This is where you can show your utility.  During downtimes of our rotation, use rejuvenation on another player (mostly tanks) and you will also receive it on yourself.  This aids tremendously on your own survivability and eases stress on the healers.

so I'm doing pretty decent at the single target fights like Kargath, Butcher and Ko'ragh, any ideas what i could do to improve on Tectus, Brackenspore and Twin Ogron?

so I'm doing pretty decent at the single target fights like Kargath, Butcher and Ko'ragh, any ideas what i could do to improve on Tectus, Brackenspore and Twin Ogron?

Going to use Twins as the one I analyze here. 

Ignoring all time after you died, zooming into the first 3.5 minutes of the fight. The only problem I see here is your uptime on Rake/Moonfire on your two targets: the key is to maintain as close to 100% on both targets of these, and as much uptime on rip on both targets as you can (100% on Rip will be nigh on impossible, but aim as high as you can. You had about 85% uptime on Rake/Moonfire on Phemos, and 60% on Pol. Pushing these farther will greatly improve your damage. It's also worth using Thrash on both targets, especially with OoC procs, which you did not take advantage of. However, you did pretty good damage on this fight, just push those uptimes more and you will be set. Also recognize that Feral is not the best class for this kind of thing, though we are fairly effective on two targets.

For Bracken do the same thing as I said here when both targets are alive, though I would not take moonfire talent for Brackenspore. For Tectus, first of all recognize that Feral sucks on this fight. We are just bad at it, and have to accept that. The best we can do when all the motes are up and keep Thrash on all of them and tab Rake as many as we can, use rip on higher health motes when you have 5 combo points. Take Bloodtalons, not LI, since we get more damage by buffing Thrash on this fight then we would by trying to blanket moonfires on all of them (Rake is higher priority and we will not have time for moonfires).

well except for brackenspore which hasn't updated yet for some reason, and ko'ragh and imperator which we didn't down, I ranked quite a bit higher on every single fight last night than I did last week

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/796202/latest#boss=0

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2aXTPhVzLQYW1kK6

and that was even after i spent quite a bit of time dead (one of our healers was pretty much lagged out all night, we wiped a lot)

Edited by nygax