FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blckmagic

Looking for some friendly Rotation correction!

Hello, hoping you guys could give me some tips on my opener, and what im doing wrong to to not keep 20k plus dps with the gear on i should be able to maybe pull more... Any tips and help is really appreciated thank you. I have listed my Amory along with my high maul heroic imp.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Blckmagic/simple

Logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/47b3bca7-8ebc-4f34-b60e-7fe09baec4ce/report/61#v=0,d=0

Also any trinket help and when to use them, i have those 2 min CD trinkets maybe im not using them corectly. I have Copelands along with Mirror Images. SO i usually open like this:

Prepot
couple frost bolts(till tanks has boss grounded) 2sec
pop macro (Mirror images, Copelands trinket) 1 sec
cast Frozen orb
cast Prismatic crystal
Use x2 Ice nova
unload in prismatic

Then i well use my second 2 min trinket along with my water jet for two procs and wait for frozen orb and pris to be up again. i dropped down n this fight to about 17k but i see mages doing 21-22k dps on this boss fight. Thanks again for your help.

When do you cast icy veins?

An area where I could see some dps loss is during movement, especially on imp (ranged group moving for mine, getting into position for intermission ogres, etc).  I try and save a charge of FoF or BF if I know I need to move within the next few seconds.  Since both of those procs can proc twice, I don't really lose dps, nor do I munch any procs.  If you can time your procs to use them as you're transitioning or moving, it should help a little.

I also try and cleave some FoF procs onto the add, when it spawns.  Another case of possibly saving some procs without munching them if an add is about to spawn.

Edited by Soulcraft

Never save procs, on average saving procs means losing damage.

Use Ice Floes to handle movement and you should be fine for that.

I open with this macro Mirror Images+ Copeland Trinket

1.Pre-pot

2.Macro

Here i dont use any procs because im trying to Use Frozen Orb,PC, Icy veins then i slam into PC. I think im screwing up somewhere in here

At this point the boss is in poisition.

3.Frozen Orb

4.PC

5.Spam all procs in to PC, Now when i run out i use x2 Icy Nova.

Then i just use my water jet to get two fingers, slam those into boss then its just movement i worry about. I like what Berlina said about Icy Floes.

Never save procs, on average saving procs means losing damage.

Use Ice Floes to handle movement and you should be fine for that.

I was using Evanesce so i could cast through the first phase, but i would have to blink and i guess my movement is killing my dps, so i'll try to work on that more.

I open with this macro Mirror Images+ Copeland Trinket

1.Pre-pot

2.Macro

Here i dont use any procs because im trying to Use Frozen Orb,PC, Icy veins then i slam into PC. I think im screwing up somewhere in here

At this point the boss is in poisition.

3.Frozen Orb

4.PC

5.Spam all procs in to PC, Now when i run out i use x2 Icy Nova.

Then i just use my water jet to get two fingers, slam those into boss then its just movement i worry about. I like what Berlina said about Icy Floes.

I was using Evanesce so i could cast through the first phase, but i would have to blink and i guess my movement is killing my dps, so i'll try to work on that more.

You should use your procs as the boss is getting into position. That way when you use frozen orb into PC you don't munch FoF procs. 

And how does Evanesce help you cast during the first phase? Just use icy flows to move out of bomb, You can cast it while already casting a spell to avoid interrupting the cast.

I generally agree that one should never save procs.. but if you think about it, it's not a dps loss at all, as long as you don't munch them.  I only say save them if you know you need to move within the immediate future, as casting your FoF and BF procs while moving is higher dps than casting frostbolt while moving, especially considering you can get both procs off in the same timeframe.

The thing is Soulcraft, the instant you do not consume a proc, you generate a situation in which you could potentially munch them due to thev ABC rule (always be casting)

I generally agree that one should never save procs.. but if you think about it, it's not a dps loss at all, as long as you don't munch them.  I only say save them if you know you need to move within the immediate future, as casting your FoF and BF procs while moving is higher dps than casting frostbolt while moving, especially considering you can get both procs off in the same timeframe.

The thing is Soulcraft, the instant you do not consume a proc, you generate a situation in which you could potentially munch them due to thev ABC rule (always be casting)

I'll occasionally save a proc if there's heavy movement in the next 2 sec. But never more than one of each, and that's because my ice floes usage isn't optimal yet.