FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Frustrated: LnL Proc, spam or not to spam ES

I am getting frustrated as I can't find any information on IV, Wowhead or any other webpage regarding LnL proc and whether I should spam ES or wait until ES finishes all ticks, then apply next one.

All info I found was that in MoP the damage was stacking or something.. in WoD, I have no clue.. I play Hunter as an alt but I want to know more.

There is no explanation on IV Hunter guide whatsoever..

Please help )

I am getting frustrated as I can't find any information on IV, Wowhead or any other webpage regarding LnL proc and whether I should spam ES or wait until ES finishes all ticks, then apply next one. All info I found was that in MoP the damage was stacking or something.. in WoD, I have no clue.. I play Hunter as an alt but I want to know more. There is no explanation on IV Hunter guide whatsoever.. Please help )

It has the same effect as it did in MoP, spam away.

First comment ever on Icy Veins, finally made an account. 

Every body is saying just spam your LnL procs, because the new ES wont overlap.  But when I actually watch the Explosive Shot on a target when I get LnL, it is overlapping the previous ES.  The debuff just starts over again.  What are you guys looking at that gives you affirmation that you can just spam your Explosives?

Every body is saying just spam your LnL procs, because the new ES wont overlap.  But when I actually watch the Explosive Shot on a target when I get LnL, it is overlapping the previous ES.  The debuff just starts over again.  What are you guys looking at that gives you affirmation that you can just spam your Explosives?

The leftover damage from the previous ES is added into the damage of the refreshing ES, so you "super-charge" your ES when it is spammed.

Explosive Shot functions essentially the same way Piercing Shots used to:

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2010/11/how-piercing-shots-works/

Whenever you apply Explosive Shot to a target that already has the DoT, the remaining damage of the "old DoT" gets rolled into "new DoT". 

You can easily test it yourself with Recount / Skada and dummy target. 

Test 1: Cast Black Arrow, wait for Explosive Shot proc, then cast all 3 Explosive Shots right away. Exit combat.

Test 2: Cast Black Arrow, wait for Explosive Shot proc, then cast all 3 Explosive Shots, but let the DoT drop off the target before casting a new Explosive Shot. Exit combat.

In both cases the total damage from Explosive Shot should remain the same. In Test 1 there would be fewer Explosive Shot ticks, but they would do more damage.

Be a less skeptical. Explosive Shot is a baseline ability, if there was such a huge issue like its DoT clipping, we'd know.

Edited by Iridar

Ahh the Warcraft Hunters Union... been a while since I visited that website.  Thank you for the replies.  Ive just played MM since the beginning of the expansion and am making the transition back into SV so, like the OP, I was a little iffy on the LnL procs.