Lockdupagain

Demonology Warlock Glyph Breakdown

5 posts in this topic

This is the Glyph guide to go along with the Demo Talent Guide, I mentioned some glyphs in that guide and I am going to go more in depth here (see what we did there? You know you wanted to find out how it ended).

I will only be talking about glyphs that are for Demonology, and only ones that make sense. Here we go…

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Healthstone- this glyph is great when used in conjunction with Dark Regeneration as it will increase your total HP gained. You receive 100% more health; however, it does it over 10 sec. Not good if you need a big heal right then. I use this 95% of the time, and it’s a great glyph to have.

Glyph of Demon Training- I told you we would come back to this one. Improves your demons abilities. Check out the tooltip on wowhead if you want to see all of them, I will only be discussing The FelGuard/ WrathGuard.

Felguard gets 20% more health. What this means is that when used with Sac Pact it gives you a bigger bubble. This has saved my life more than once, and I believe it is a must.

Glyph of Imp Swarm- Great Glyph, it’s like a hunters stampede, but with Imps! I know you are as excited as I am. This ability pops out 5 imps who attack the target, and generate demonic fury. This is great because if the enemy is tabbing through targets, not enemy players, then they will be targeting all of your imps before you. It gives a nice DPS burst and generates a good amount of Demonic Fury, making this my 3rd Major Glyph

Glyph of Demon Hunting- This is popular right now, but I do not know why. It gives a half metamorphosis called Dark Apotheosis. It reduces physical dmg by 13.85% and magic dmg by 15% and lets you use some Demonic abilities. It also allows Twilight Ward to absorb all schools of magic (our 4 piece set bonus does this already) It doesn’t give you a huge dmg buff like old reggie metamorphosis does (with my mastery I do well over 50% more dmg). You trade a lot of dmg for a little bit of survivability, so for me this should not be taken, especially when Demon Training is so powerful with Sac Pact.

Minor Glyphs:

Most of the Minor Glyphs are just cosmetic but a few have real benefit.

Glyph of Health Funnel-Instantly restores 15% of your demons health. This is not spammable, but is great to use before Sac Pact.

Glyph of Carrion Swarm- Takes away the knock back… What?? No thank you. You should always use the terrain to your advantage (I’ll get into that in a strat post I’ll do) DO NOT take this glyph.

Glyph of Hand of Gul’dan- You can place it on the ground, this can keep a dps from pillaring and casting some off heals.

Glyph of Felguard- Felguard will equip a random two-handed weapon from your backpack.

Glyph of Nightmares- Your Felsteed and Dreadsteed run on water. Good for RBGs

Glyph of Falling Meteor- If you use Demonic Leap while falling you hit the ground faster, and will not die from the dmg. Again an RBG glyph (knocked off LM in Arathi).

Those are the only glyphs I felt are worth having. As before, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or comment, I will be posting more of the like in the coming days, unless I get run out of town by villagers with pitchforks and torches that is...

Edited by Lockdupagain

Hey man, good work with these guides. To note: The Glyph of Felguard doesn't actually EQUIP the sword/mace/polearm...it simply transmogs to it. You just get the look. It's still worth it =)

First just alerting you that the name on the major glyph above is wrong, its Glyph of Demon HUNTING, not Training.

And second that the minor glyph-Glyph of Health Funnel isn't spammable, because yes it heals your pet instantly for 15% of health, but in return, it has a 10sec CD.

Awesome guide though, and looking forward to more. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Blodhgarm

Yes, to both. I have not updated for recent changes to (5.1) and I will be doing that soon. I recently got FRAPS, and am considering "putting myself out there" so to speak; however, as you all know the WoW community can be, quite critical, and I want the game to stay fun for ME, not flamers on the internet, but let me know if any of you would be interested in me putting vids up possibly...

I would love to see some vids, and also I was wondering if you are working on any kind of rotation/priority list guide on how you should best go about playing demo or destro or affliction from a gamers viewpoint. I've been meaning to get back on wow and play my 67 lock, and I've been studying all the changes for locks, so i'd love to see a guide on the forums.