FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockdupagain

Demonology Warlock Glyph Breakdown

This is the Glyph guide to go along with the Demo Talent Guide, I mentioned some glyphs in that guide and I am going to go more in depth here (see what we did there? You know you wanted to find out how it ended).

I will only be talking about glyphs that are for Demonology, and only ones that make sense. Here we go…

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Healthstone- this glyph is great when used in conjunction with Dark Regeneration as it will increase your total HP gained. You receive 100% more health; however, it does it over 10 sec. Not good if you need a big heal right then. I use this 95% of the time, and it’s a great glyph to have.

Glyph of Demon Training- I told you we would come back to this one. Improves your demons abilities. Check out the tooltip on wowhead if you want to see all of them, I will only be discussing The FelGuard/ WrathGuard.

Felguard gets 20% more health. What this means is that when used with Sac Pact it gives you a bigger bubble. This has saved my life more than once, and I believe it is a must.

Glyph of Imp Swarm- Great Glyph, it’s like a hunters stampede, but with Imps! I know you are as excited as I am. This ability pops out 5 imps who attack the target, and generate demonic fury. This is great because if the enemy is tabbing through targets, not enemy players, then they will be targeting all of your imps before you. It gives a nice DPS burst and generates a good amount of Demonic Fury, making this my 3rd Major Glyph

Glyph of Demon Hunting- This is popular right now, but I do not know why. It gives a half metamorphosis called Dark Apotheosis. It reduces physical dmg by 13.85% and magic dmg by 15% and lets you use some Demonic abilities. It also allows Twilight Ward to absorb all schools of magic (our 4 piece set bonus does this already) It doesn’t give you a huge dmg buff like old reggie metamorphosis does (with my mastery I do well over 50% more dmg). You trade a lot of dmg for a little bit of survivability, so for me this should not be taken, especially when Demon Training is so powerful with Sac Pact.

Minor Glyphs:

Most of the Minor Glyphs are just cosmetic but a few have real benefit.

Glyph of Health Funnel-Instantly restores 15% of your demons health. This is not spammable, but is great to use before Sac Pact.

Glyph of Carrion Swarm- Takes away the knock back… What?? No thank you. You should always use the terrain to your advantage (I’ll get into that in a strat post I’ll do) DO NOT take this glyph.

Glyph of Hand of Gul’dan- You can place it on the ground, this can keep a dps from pillaring and casting some off heals.

Glyph of Felguard- Felguard will equip a random two-handed weapon from your backpack.

Glyph of Nightmares- Your Felsteed and Dreadsteed run on water. Good for RBGs

Glyph of Falling Meteor- If you use Demonic Leap while falling you hit the ground faster, and will not die from the dmg. Again an RBG glyph (knocked off LM in Arathi).

Those are the only glyphs I felt are worth having. As before, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or comment, I will be posting more of the like in the coming days, unless I get run out of town by villagers with pitchforks and torches that is...

Edited by Lockdupagain

Hey man, good work with these guides. To note: The Glyph of Felguard doesn't actually EQUIP the sword/mace/polearm...it simply transmogs to it. You just get the look. It's still worth it =)

First just alerting you that the name on the major glyph above is wrong, its Glyph of Demon HUNTING, not Training.

And second that the minor glyph-Glyph of Health Funnel isn't spammable, because yes it heals your pet instantly for 15% of health, but in return, it has a 10sec CD.

Awesome guide though, and looking forward to more. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Blodhgarm

Yes, to both. I have not updated for recent changes to (5.1) and I will be doing that soon. I recently got FRAPS, and am considering "putting myself out there" so to speak; however, as you all know the WoW community can be, quite critical, and I want the game to stay fun for ME, not flamers on the internet, but let me know if any of you would be interested in me putting vids up possibly...

I would love to see some vids, and also I was wondering if you are working on any kind of rotation/priority list guide on how you should best go about playing demo or destro or affliction from a gamers viewpoint. I've been meaning to get back on wow and play my 67 lock, and I've been studying all the changes for locks, so i'd love to see a guide on the forums.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Care
      Hi Icy-Veins members 🥶,

Do you love Player vs Player battle?... Arena's, Battlegrounds or general World PvP? Newly formed guild [PvP Sweaters] is looking for new members to join our guild today. There are no ‘minimum requirements’. We also have a cool guild tabard!!
      The realm is quite dead the moment but we will recruit and get new members over time!
      Add me on battle tag or send a message on here for more details.
      Username: Care
      Battle tag: Care#21917
      ⚔️

"What does being a PvP Sweaters mean? It means you sweat at all costs…potions in normal battlegrounds…crown control on NPC’s as warmup…whatever has to be done!" - [PvP Sweaters]

• By Rethos
      US - Horde - Illidan
      https://guildsofwow.com/twenty-first-knights
      About The Guild
      Twenty First Knights was formed in 2021 with the working gamer in mind, a grounded midcore experience where great gamers with real lives can come together and still complete competitive content without the noise and toxicity of "elite" guilds. To that end we’re more than just a gaming guild – we are truly a community made of members who enjoy playing every single aspect of the games we play, from PvE to PvP to Crafting to chattering socially with each other over Discord. We’re made up of members from all over the world, with a wide variety of ages, backgrounds, genders and play styles. Because we’re community-oriented, you’ll never feel like just another cog in the wheel. We’ve only got one common goal – to enjoy our favorite online games together. We’d love for you to join us!
      What We Are Looking For
      We are looking for folks who are interested in the community and the people they play with as much as the game. If you have a get in and get out mentality then Remnants is probably not for you. If you want to enjoy and down content with capable players who are friendly and patient, then Remnants is most likely a great fit for you. If you’re just returning and are looking for a great guild to catch up and grow with or are simply looking for a more grown up environment then look no further, we kindly offer a trial membership which gives you a chance to get to know us better before committing and vice versus.
      PvE
      We strive to help our members get the most out of PvE content and also assist them in improving and advancing. We are always willing to provide advice and guidance on builds, gearing, and mechanics. We are currently planning on restarting normal raiding and subsequently heroic raiding as our progress dictates. It is a great time to join the guild if you are just returning to the game or missed out on this content before the next patch hits.
      PvP
      We encourage fun and friendly gaming to both the fans of PvP and those curious about it. Twenty First Knights PvP primarily focuses on the social aspect of gaming, and players of all skill are welcome to join us at any time. To those interested in honing their skills, we are always willing to lend a hand with builds, classes, and how it all comes together to make a character effective.
      Crafting
      Our crafting department provides the consumables you need to participate in the events of our other departments. The guild bank offers flasks, potions, and feasts for our event times, as well as gems and enchants to keep your gear competitive.  We also hold raffles and gathering events with prizes for those who like to help us keep our guild bank stocked!
      Play Socially or Casually
      Although we have members doing end-game content, we also have many members who play when they have time, or enjoy the simpler pleasures in WoW like leveling slowly or going on random adventures. We also have a very inviting approach when it comes to difficult content: many of our members are happy to bring along a “newbie” to dungeons or new content, but there’s no pressure for you to join events you aren’t interested in!
       What We Offer
      Very active Discord for voice chat and keeping in touch while away from the computer Freedom to play your game the way you want Scheduled events on the calendar as well as “pop-up” events put together through guild chat Friendly and non-judgmental community and environment A structured leadership team, with officers for each of our departments (PvE, PvP, Crafting, and Recruitment) What We Value In Our Guild Members:
      Positive Attitude Maturity Team Player Respect  How To Join
      Visit us and apply at: https://guildsofwow.com/twenty-first-knights
      We look forward to hearing from you!
    • By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By Teta
      I would like a lot some guides for rbg, i dont like arenas, i hardly do arenas, and i miss guides whit focus on rbg and specially for tanking in rbg, and thats it, would help me alot to start whit New classes and strategies. Please, this website is my jesus
      I'm a noobish pvper, never passed 1600mmr, and icyveins is my pillar for guides, i find ir very easy and simple to understand, and helped me alot to start playing better whit a New class.
    • By Dredd
      Gangland (OTG Gaming)
      Benediction | Alliance | Semi-Hardcore
      ABOUT US
      In preparation for The Burning Crusade, GANGLAND (OTG Gaming) has opened our Guild recruitment for DEDICATED and SKILLED Arena/PvP players ONLY. We're a top-end Guild of 10+ years, with a large community of dedicated players. Leadership and community consist of individuals with over a decade of playing experience. Both in retail and private servers! 
      WHY JOIN?
      We have a Guild reward system for those that end an Arena season with a Gladiator title. Chances to win things like gift cards/discord nitro, gifted Blizzard Store items, and IRL items (gamer gear). We also have a weekly PVP Bounty Program that has payouts of up to 5-50g for the death of specific enemy players. There will be plenty of opportunity for our PvPer's also to join one of our MULTIPLE high-end raid team's alt/GDKP runs for the chance to receive gold and PVE gear that is needed for PvP. If you're interested in joining, please contact me in-game (Dredd) or in Discord at Dredd#1487
      INCENTIVE FOR STREAMERS?
      We currently HOST and ADVERTISE all GUILD streamers in our Discord, Website, and on all our Guild social media accounts. This exposure helps individuals who stream gain an audience.
      PvP Recruitment Needs:
      All PvP Players Needed
      Restro/Boomkin Druid (High Need)
      Rogue (High Need)
      Raid Team Information:
      WE HAVE MULTIPLE RAID TEAMS
      Times- Tues/Thurs, Wed/Sun 8-11pm EST. 3rd Day Optional. Time may change due to TBC!
      Loot: Loot Council/DKP/GDKP
      Off Days- BiS dungeon runs, Alt/GDKP raid runs, and professions farming
      [u][b]Expectations & Guild Rules[/b]:[/u]
      - The guild's goals come first!
      - No “disrespectful” behavior or the use of “gamer” words
      - Disruptive, bigoted, or disrespectful players will be IMMEDIATELY removed regardless of social status within Guild.
      - Be prepared and knowledgeable
      - Be active. Have good attendance for Guild raids/functions
      - Be a selfless player
      - Strive to be the best version of yourself. Consistency as a mediocre player is not acceptable
      Our Discord is available for anyone who is interested in joining or wanting to get to know the guild. Simply message: Dredd#1487, Drizz#8229, or Killionair#3196
      DISCORD
      discord.gg/ZDSYfUz