Lockdupagain

Destruction Warlock Talent Breakdown

1 post in this topic

Hey guys and gals, its lockdupagain... Again. We are going to be going over the talents for Destruction, a very hard hitting burst spec for locks. This is my RBG spec, I do not use this in arena, but thats my personal preference. There is alot of hard casting going on, so staying mobile is the key to this spec. Here we go!

Tier 15 Talents- Just as I said in the demo guide, there is only one logical choice in this tree, but we will review anyway.

Dark Regeneration- Instantly restores 30% of you and your pet's health increasing all healing received by 25% for 12 sec. This is great when you have a healer, as they can get you to 100% real quick. This is the talent I take in all situations, except one.

Soul Leech- Many of your spells (CB, Incinerate) give a percent heal of the dmg. I have heard arguement, but having control over your heal to use it when you need it is key.

Harvest Life- Drain life, but AOE style. As demo this is good, however for destro not as much, there is no demonic fury to build up, thus making this less of a choice.

Tier 30 Talents- This is a situational tier. Lets review.

Howl of Terror- AOE Fear. What is great is that when you take a dmging attack the CD is lowered by 1 sec. This is not so good when you have a fear immune team, aka Priest Warrior.

Mortal Coil- 3 sec "fear" that restores 15% of your max HP. With a 45 sec CD this is not one you want to take.

Shadowfury- AOE 3 sec stun. This is good against teams that are fear immune and make HoT useless. However, if you are running with a Warrior or Rogue this can DR their stuns.

Tier 45 Talents- this is pretty clear cut choice, and here is why.

Soul Link- When active all dmg and healing between you and your pet, yada yada yada... Check it out If you use Grimoire of Sacrifice this gives you something like 70k more health I do not have the hard numbesr, but as soon as I get them it will replace this. I run into RBGs with 420k+ HP. Which is nice.

Sacrificial Pact- Your Demon sacrifices half its current health to shield its master for 200% of the sac's health, lasts 10 sec. If you have no demon, your health is sacrificed instead. This is not good, as you should have sac'd your pet for the dmg boost (more on that in the 75 tier).

Dark Bargain- Prevents all dmg for 8 sec. When the shield fades, 50% of the dmg is delt over 8 sec. This can backfire, as a warrior or hunter or mage bursts on you, you still take half the dmg as a DoT, and whatever else they are putting out after the shield fades.

Tier 60 Talents- This is cut and dry, Blood Fear is the only way to go.

Blood Fear- Turns your fear into an instant fear. Thats super OP, no juking, not BS jsut a fear when you need it.

Burning Rush- Drain 4% of max HP a sec to increase movement speed by 50%. This is just not good, and thats all I can really say.

Unbound Will- Its a second trinket, this is cool, but its not as useful as an instant fear imho.

Tier 75 Talents- There is only one.

Grimoire of Supremecy- Have upgraded Demons, its cool, but you lose out on alot of single target DPS this way.

Grimoire of Service- Summon an extra demon for 20 sec on a 2 min CD, just not worth it imo.

Grimoire of Sacrifice- Now we are cooking with gas! Sac your pet, gain an ability from them and your single target spells get a 25% dmg buff, but wait thats not all. If you pick this talent right now, we will throw in 2% of your max HP every 5 sec. Seriously, this hurts. I know that people are worried about 5.1 making the extra 25% dmg from CB a DoT, but please believe me when I tell you that this is not a nerf. This is going to cause pressure, plus incinerate still hits 25% harder, its just the CB dmg that is a DoT. Still going to be very powerful come 5.1.

Tier 90 Talents- This is pretty cut and dry due to the mobility issues of hard casting.

Archimonde's Vengeance- Make an enemy take 25% of the dmg done to you for 8 sec, Passively anyone that attacks you takes 5% of the dmg. This is good, but better for other specs.

Kil'jaedens' Cunning- You can channel and cast while moving for 6 sec. The Passive effect is what makes this talent king for Destro. You can cast and channel while moving increasing the cast time by 50%. All I am going to say is a haste stacked Destro lock is something serious. Being able to hard cast while moving is great. If you stop the cast time returns to normal, it only slows while you are moving. I stop and go alot to get casts off as I need to. Getting off a clutch CB and moving while doing it is just unmatched.

Monnoroth's Fury- Increases AOE by 500%. This was good when 3 stacks of Rain of Fire would stun, now that it has gone away, its not really good, unless in an RBG situation where you can sit and cast.

Thats the Destro Talent Guide. I hope you all find it useful. I tried to cut to the chase more with this one, and not make it so long. If you want the wall of text because you love my witty, dry sense of humor let me know and ill go back to that format. If you like the readers digest version I'll keep it like this one. Glyph Guide coming soon!!!

1 person likes this