FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toulip

Resto Shaman help me improve plz - updated logs for BRF

link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Toulip/simple

For the heck of it link to logs for 2 weeks ago to compare improvement over last few weeks https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pFmCaw2DfVL1q3gG#fight=3

link to logs for last week Heroic clear, 1 Mythic

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x7aP2p4LgkBWrNCj#fight=2&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AMgzTG1jQyxthRmr#type=healing

Note for last weeks logs I had talents in Echo of the Ele and High Tide, Imperator I think I went Primal Ele instead of Ele Blast. I was using Primal Ele initially across the board on all fights and really just started using Ele Blast last week.

From my experience if you're going to take High Tide you pretty much need to take EoftheE, otherwise by the time you get your 3rd Riptide and a Chain Heal off, our 1st RP falls off. Correct me if I'm wrong but with High Tide, will it only bounce to a 4th person that has RP or will it still bounce these additional times and just not be as effective?  

link to log for Tuesday's Mythic, 1st time using CBT

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gBmFhN3pzxC7AWwM#fight=2&type=healing

Last night I went back to Ancestral Swift, stayed EB and tried out CBT for the 1st time ever after reading a bunch of threads. I also just got the Winged Hourglass last night so it was the 1st night using it. 

Usually for glyphs I keep HW and HST then sub out Grace with Focus fight depending. Overall I know I need to hit spiritwalker more when moving instead of just running out of stuff and not healing. My active time though is usually pretty good I think regardless.

I honestly JUST started raid healing on the shaman last summer, tail end of MOP. I know I have lots of room for improvement I just dont know exactly how to do it. I have the highest ilvl out of all the healers in my guild so its my mechanics. Even comparing my logs to other resto shamans in other guilds I have gotten better over the past month but my HPS is still lower or about the same of shamans 10 ilvls lower than me. I know shamans arent the best healers and at least I'm not always on the bottom of my healer group, but with my ilvl I know I should be doing better. 

I use Elvui, used to use grid all the time but it stopped working for me after Dec patch. Tried a few times since, not in the last few weeks but it still wasnt working. I can't figure out how to show other healers incoming HOTS or bubbles, I can only see priests raid wide heal. 

Last night I focused on making sure my Ascendance was followed by Healing Rain and then Chain heals. With my UI I can see when my HST and CBT are active, I need to get better at timing them one right after another. On Mythic Twins it got pretty hairy and I know I was more worried about not dying in fire than keeping these 2 totems up. Again since this was the 1st night trying CBT I did at least notice a difference on Kargath as an improvement since last week. 

On a side note my tank/melee group hollers out for Healing Rain all the damn time... so I've adjusted and pretty much forced to keep putting one down every time its off cooldown. I dont know if this is a factor to my lower HPS? 

1/15 Edit: We cleared Heroic last night in about 1.25 hrs and boy was my game off. I noticed with CBT and trying to watch my totem timers that I wasnt using EB as often as I had been. There are a ton of buttons and options for shamans to have to monitor during a fight. I really need to start using WeakAuras... I'm just afraid of the setup since I'm not very techy. I saw the pinned threads about WA and will test things out over the weekend as I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. 

Any pointers or suggestion, or other questions I can answer please let me know. I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thanks Toulip 

Edited by Toulip

Hi Toulip, welcome to the Icy Veins forums and I'm sorry that it's taken me a while to get around to discussing your logs. Firstly, I'll just answer some of your questions.

link to log for Tuesday's Mythic, 1st time using CBT

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gBmFhN3pzxC7AWwM#fight=2&type=healing

Last night I went back to Ancestral Swift, stayed EB and tried out CBT for the 1st time ever after reading a bunch of threads. I also just got the Winged Hourglass last night so it was the 1st night using it. 

You should really practice the HST/CBT rotation in Heroic 5mans or something, because if you aren't running Totemic Persistence then it's difficult. You can run it either with or without, but I prefer playing with Totemic Persistence these days (it also has nice utility on some fights).

With Elemental Blast, you have to make the most of it to be worth taking the talent. That means that you should be casting it basically on cooldown. However, I don't think that for most fights you really need Hourglass *and* the Spirit weapon enchant *and* Elemental Blast (exception will be Imperator and maybe Butcher).

Last night I focused on making sure my Ascendance was followed by Healing Rain and then Chain heals. With my UI I can see when my HST and CBT are active, I need to get better at timing them one right after another. On Mythic Twins it got pretty hairy and I know I was more worried about not dying in fire than keeping these 2 totems up. Again since this was the 1st night trying CBT I did at least notice a difference on Kargath as an improvement since last week. 

Best practice with Ascendance is to have Healing Rain down beforehand so you don't have to cast it during Ascendance. That gives you more time to cast other things. You shouldn't be thinking of Ascendance as just a burst cooldown though, because on fights like Kargath Mythic it's better as a cooldown to improve your efficiency (giving you more mana to spend elsewhere).

On a side note my tank/melee group hollers out for Healing Rain all the damn time... so I've adjusted and pretty much forced to keep putting one down every time its off cooldown. I dont know if this is a factor to my lower HPS? 

One of my pet hates is raiders telling me how to heal. If you don't need Healing Rain down, then don't cast it. That's your decision to make and not theirs, and in my opinion you should make sure that they know that. Having said that, Healing Rain on the melee (especially on Kargath Mythic) can be a very useful strategy. Healing Rain is quite efficient when you have plenty of players inside it, so don't be shy to cast it. You also have the mana to do it, so why not? :)

1/15 Edit: We cleared Heroic last night in about 1.25 hrs and boy was my game off. I noticed with CBT and trying to watch my totem timers that I wasnt using EB as often as I had been. There are a ton of buttons and options for shamans to have to monitor during a fight. I really need to start using WeakAuras... I'm just afraid of the setup since I'm not very techy. I saw the pinned threads about WA and will test things out over the weekend as I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. 

If you want some simple timers for more or less everything you need for Resto, I have a complete set ready for import on my site, which includes reminders to drop CBT when appropriate. The WA's in the forum thread is great as well!  :-)

From my experience if you're going to take High Tide you pretty much need to take EoftheE, otherwise by the time you get your 3rd Riptide and a Chain Heal off, our 1st RP falls off. Correct me if I'm wrong but with High Tide, will it only bounce to a 4th person that has RP or will it still bounce these additional times and just not be as effective?  

Pretty much, yes. EotE is probably the best talent to take with High Tide (though you could glyph Riptide instead - I don't like this playstyle). With High Tide, you only get extra bounces to Riptide targets - if you don't have multiple Riptides up you won't  get much benefit from the talent.

Now I have some short comments on your logs. Firstly, let's talk about mana. Logs are super useful because you can look at how much mana you were on at the end of the fight - the ideal curve of mana is more or less a straight line from 100% on the left to 0% on the right (at least for M Kargath). Longer fights like Imperator would have a more complicated mana curve to reflect the different phases, but let's look at M Kargath shall we?

Here is the mana curve from my last log on Kargath (it's not a particularly good log, I think) and here is yours. Look at the major difference - I spend all my mana while you don't! I would say that you could afford to heal a lot harder during the fight. You really need to be watching your mana often and trying to work out whether you could afford to heal a little more aggressively at any point. With your gear level, I'd expect you to be able to heal harder more often. :)

Another point of comparison is your casts vs. mine. Firstly, I'll comment that you used your cooldowns only once each during the fight, where you really should be using them more often. You can easily fit two of both in, and the only reason my log shows HTT cast once is because I planned it out specially. My advice would be hitting your cooldowns about 10-20sec after the first Chain Hurl and then on cooldown (or close to cooldown) after that.

As you said, you should be casting HST and CBT more often - my log shows 12 casts of each vs. your 7-10 on the kill. Auras and practice will help with that. The same is true of Elemental Blast - you should be able to get a 50% uptime on the Spirit buff, but you got 7%!

I hope that all helps get you started, please do report back on your progress so we can (hopefully) congratulate you on a job well done!

Good luck.

• Like 3

Thanks Stoove - I know I wrote a lot so I'm just glad you took the time to respond at all biggrin.png

For T3 talents I usually use Tote Projection to drop SLT, I did actually try Tote Persistence Wed night on a few fights, but I wasnt sure if it was working with the 2 water totems. I will sadly admit that even though I'm specced into Call of Elements - I never use it. If it wasn't on a 3min CD I think I'd do it more. I'll be happy to try Persistence more. I had been using my HST to time the activation of my CBT. Granted I tried to put each down every 30sec, but if i needed CBT sooner.

For T6 talents I agree with you on EB, since it was my 1st night having the Hourglass trinket I wasnt sure how things would go. I've never tried UF talent, will likely go back to PE on most fights. I really only tend to use UL 1) speed boost esp on Imperator for nova 2) to boost my CH. 

Ascendance - got it. Situation depending I usually had HR down 1st and then CH after, but I see what you're saying since there is no reason to waste first few seconds of Asc to cast HR. I will work on timing this better.

Our guild really doesnt seem to have any trouble with M-Kargath. A lot of times I'm not casting more heals because people are topped off and dont need it. I was trying to be good and not overheal, but again I see your point about mana. If I have it, I should be using it - somehow. 

I did happen to come across your WA article and read it before I made this post. I will suck it up today and just try it since we raid tomorrow night.

Agree again - I need to be using my CDs more often. Our guild does not have good healing coordination so I tend to find myself waiting for a big Oh S** moment. A little goes back to me being afraid to overheal too much, but I will try your suggestion on M-Kar, pop HTT after 1st chain pull and then try to get another one in before the end of the fight. I did get pointed out by our raid leader from our M-Twins attempts for popping HTT too soon on earlier Quakes. At least I made it clear to him that we had no healing direction and I was trying to get one in early on so it'd be up for something later in the fight. As long as I know other healers are handling earlier spikes and use my HTT on 3rd Quake then we're good. I know its fight depending, but if I can at least get better about using Ascendance earlier and more too - it should all help in the end.

I do have an Ascendance question - what are your thoughts of trying to time this with PE? Put down HR, PE w/ Empower, Asc, CH. When Highmaul first came out I was trying to use these 2 together wondering if my PE would give a good boost to Asc. Was getting told by a different shaman it didnt really matter so I stopped and instead was using PE on its own to boost whenever heals I could whenever I thought I needed a little extra. 

Again your comments are greatly appreciated. I'll work on my HST/CBT! 

Edited by Toulip

Thanks Stoove - I know I wrote a lot so I'm just glad you took the time to respond at all biggrin.png

You're completely welcome, of course! Make sure to click "Like This" on useful posts in any thread on the forums. That keeps our helpful posters coming back to help more and more people.

I personally don't think that popping PE before Ascendance is worth the additional setup time and forward planning. I prefer to use PE elsewhere in the fight when I do spec for it.

I was actually recently promoted to healing lead for our raid team, and you'd be amazed at the difference it makes having some serious co-ordination on Mythic fights. You don't need that kind of organization, but your raid might find it easier if someone's put in charge with the relevant experience and authority.

• Like 2

I installed WA yesterday and I see what you're saying now, I believe it should help quite a bit especially at keeping track. Another question for you - with these 2 totems and having tote persistence - should I still try to time these totems 1 after the other or should I put them both down together and then keep each down as often as possible? 

When I was getting used to things yesterday in heroics I was trying to put them both down, HST 1st. Just wasnt sure in raids if this would be using too much mana to keep both down. Thanks 

Edited by Toulip

with these 2 totems and having tote persistence - should I still try to time these totems 1 after the other or should I put them both down together and then keep each down as often as possible? 

When I was getting used to things yesterday in heroics I was trying to put them both down, HST 1st. Just wasnt sure in raids if this would be using too much mana to keep both down. Thanks 

It doesn't really matter whether you drop them down together or one after the other while you continue to use them both on CD.

If you are dropping HST and CBT together, they do not heal together - HST actually heals for these 15 sec. when CBT is 'gathering' its healing before unloading.

You shouldn't be worried about mana for your totems at all. 8.6% of base mana once per 30 sec. for a totem is even less then one cast of Healing Wave (10.35% of base mana).

Shaman's first rule: drop your healing totems on CD :)

• Like 3

Well we got M-Twins down last night with only 19 people. It wasnt pretty, I died twice sad.png

logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NQ3JjGLXpwAfxY1b#fight=11&type=healing

I thought I was doing good, I'm sure me dying just wrecked my #s. I was liking the WA noises for HST/CBT, I'd say it did really help for telling me when to drop them. Switched out Grace for Focus, tried to pop it at least every time whirlwind was up. Our raid leader took over healing assignments - as to call out when he wanted what dropped. I think I was able to get 2 HTT in, one at the very end of the fight. I was trying to get HR and Asc for as many Enfeebling as I could. Logs show I did miss dropping SLT though which was bad. I need to use more Ancestral Swiftness on HR. I'm just not happy with the way the logs turned out with me hugging the bottom again... Hopefully we'll get him down again tomorrow and I'll do better. (Side note - our tank boss placement isnt always the best either which is what caused 1st death I think). I also somehow manage to suck at the 2nd Pulverize, I see it and I step away, then get my cast off, I'm guessing maybe my graphics arent showing the edges good enough and when I think I'm away, I'm still on the edge. Any pointers would be great.    

Is there any way with Warcraft Logs to compare yourself to other shamans without actually having a particular shaman in mind? I was looking at Rankings and was hoping I'd be able to see what other shamans around my ilvl are doing. I guess I should be content with even making the rankings, but again its all about improving and getting better!!

Edited by Toulip

@Toulip

I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong. But, I took a quick look at the logs and "saw myself" in it.

The first time we tried Twin Ogrons on Mythic, we ran with 5 healers too. I had lesser ilvl than the others but the logs were embarrasing.

However, the second time we tried Twin Ogron, I had a higher ilvl (661 lowest ilvl among the healers.) and we even ditched one healer and only used 4 healers. Also I changed my talents a lot to fit our healer setup the best. Which included EB and Conductivity. And we downed him!

Perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way, but Shaman's can sometimes be a struggle with 5 healers since we Shamans use the wrong talents. CB is good, but with the wrong healer setup, it will just be a huge amount of overheal. I personally go with High Tide in our setup. (easier to handle with a big group).

But the main change we did (in our guild), was that I asked our Guild Leader to change our tactic a bit. The main idea was to max out my Healing Rain (own idea), and this video is a great example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Fh6Bi0YS8 (though we actually used it differently but whatsoever). And I refer to the tactic they use, not the cds or spells he use.

Winning the HPS ain't prio one in raiding but I understand that you want to be an "access" to the raid.

I managed to persuade our Raid Leader to change the tactics a bit since +1 dps is always better against the Rage Timer.

With the change, the HPS was a lot better (and ofc the players performed better). But as a Shaman, Twin Ogron can be a huge pain, but with the right tactic, you can still perform just as good as the others.

I tried to find the logs of the second time (when we downed him) but only found the first time which I rather not share since it's embarrasing. (Got him to 6% 3 times). xD.

Stoove mentioned: Don't be afraid to use some cooldowns. I say +1 to that

And also, try to find the Talents and Glyphs that fit your raid group the best. Icy Veins is really good but cannot always be optimized with 5 healers since you'll most likely be the extra healer.

Stoove actually mentioned something at my Thread: 

• always use your cooldowns. They are best used on large throughput sections (like Infesting Spores or Expel Magic: Shadow). Even if there isn't a mechanic like that (e.g. Kargath), use your damn cooldowns. They make you more mana efficient (gives you a breather to regen mana) so you can go ham at other times.

With a Healing Team Leader, it can sometimes be hard to pop some certain cooldowns. 

But when we downed Mythic Breckenspore, I actually used some of my own cooldowns that I thought would suit the best, and

I actually won the HPS here with lesser ilvl's than the others.

I will try to find the logs so you can see it. But I personally urge you to use the talents that suits your guild the best. And also talk to your Raid Leader so you can optimize your HPS. Even though HPS might not always be prio one, it doesn't really affect the DPS that much in Highmaul to increase the Shamans healing. I personally think Conductivity is really good and High Tide is also really efficent since Mana shouldn't be an issue with the enrage timer. If you have issues with the enrange timer, it's an DPS issue. (own experience). That's why we tried with 4 healers.

PS: Why do you have Haste enchant on your neck ?

And I appologize if I spelt something wrong, can't say I hasted the post but had a lot in my head and tried to make the post as short as possible. (= a lot of editing).

Edited by Riesen
  • Like 1

Is there any way with Warcraft Logs to compare yourself to other shamans without actually having a particular shaman in mind? I was looking at Rankings and was hoping I'd be able to see what other shamans around my ilvl are doing. I guess I should be content with even making the rankings, but again its all about improving and getting better!!

Yes, there is a way.

In the upper left menu go to Zonez->Highmaul->Twin Ogron ->Rankings

Here in the upper menu chose (from left to right):

1. HPS ranking for

2. Boss name (if you changed your mind)

3. Difficulty (Mythic/HC/Normal/LFR)

4. US and EU - leave it as is

5. From "by all healers" dropdown menu chose Restoration shamans

6. From the  "For all item levels" chose your range

You can improve the results, using "Search Fights" queue from the right side of this menu - enter specific ilvl, raid size, fight length, raid composition, etc...

In the table you'll get, click on whatever shaman you want and you'll receive a log of the fight.

Click on this shaman in the fight log to see his healing and copy into clipboard this part of line:

GEgWLXw.gif

Go to your log for the fight you want to compare, open you healing, click the "Compare" button in the upper right and Paste this part of the line we copied before:

0319oFm.gif

You will get a window with two logs - left side for one raid, right side for the other.

Go to Healing, click on yourself and in the same dropdown menu chose the other shaman you want to compare with:

tdW0sFr.gif

and here you are - now you can compare everything:

qmgQLz1.gif

In addition to this option I would highly recomment the comparison of your personal performance in different raids. You have an option for this too:

- Enter your character nickname in the searchbox of upper menu (check that it's your char and your realm, coz you'll get a bunch of players with the same name)

- You will get a window with your Rankings for every fight and every boss in raids you have uploaded logs.

Like this:

xwtueEg.gif

Now you can check what was your play style, talents and spell usage on your best fight comparing to other fights.

Enjoy smile.png

Edited by Pandacho
  • Like 2

Riesen - thanks for your comments. I look forward to seeing some logs. Especially any tips you have on M-Tectus and M-Brack please.

Found out last night we will not be going back to Twins, we'll be focusing on M-Tectus and M-Brack in hopes of getting both down before BRF. Your comment about using EB and Conductivity - why did you take EB if you arent having mana problems? When I was using EB even though I didnt have mana problems on some fights, as long as I used it enough it did seem to help increase my HPS (which is one major thing I’d like to increase).

Not sure if Conductivity would work with our strategy as we're not well stacked except for Enfeebling. Don't you need to dps in order to activate Conductivity? Think I only tried this once on Butcher and Brack and didn’t seem like it did much, could also be that I wasn’t dpsing when I needed to either.

Our previous attempts I was using High Tide since our raid is spaced out more, but then I wasnt sure if my CH was able to bounce to people that may be farther away that needed the heal so I tried CBT since I heard it was a good option.

Watching that video makes me so sad... I only WISH our guild would be able to stack that well, OMG people run all over the freaking place and usually way farther out than needed. Last week we were trying Twins with 4 healers, but we were also short a dps. I think the lowest we got with 18 ppl was 32%. This week our RL put markers down for the ranged and even called out when to move to what color but still people are all over the place. 

For the neck – yeah oops forgot to put the Mastery enchant on there last week. We were in raid and it replaced a blue neck so I wanted to equip it immediately but no one had enough mats on them for the good enchant so I took what I could get and then forgot to replace it, thanks for the reminder. Hopefully tonight I’ll get the neck of M-Kargath so I may wait.

Thanks Pandacho – I’ll check that out later, time for me to watch the M-Tectus video before I leave work. 

Not sure if Conductivity would work with our strategy as we're not well stacked except for Enfeebling. Don't you need to dps in order to activate Conductivity? Think I only tried this once on Butcher and Brack and didn’t seem like it did much, could also be that I wasn’t dpsing when I needed to either.

Regular heals like Healing Wave proc Conductivity, here is a WeakAura which you can track it with;

didocaGljY2uO5kHMnf3esLBdj7eI9I2nr7xuPFkkAyuYVLYGfLA4k4GIkoguohKYcLkwQsQLlPNcwgb9CQmocmvrMSu10j9yL6Wu1LfUoH2iLkptj2SkTDiv9rkv9vPs(mu9DLKrkQ60QA0ukJxQuNucULOKRPIZlkmnf5Bsu)vrnXyIWtOGuJ61VJIf2nPRimegZmIxfRXS9)vBx1w0LxJkm81xj4iiSKvj0kjGakc9e6zIWUzAvMiYeTBS8i245ynAHMqHlJw8M1zIkHUZ8EDHsem0eucBC5uEsiMGYhcMMVNjcQ3esLjcUxIBcIGDiGs0OptuPsyB8ohteCVe3eeG85GUCqOsq0fZQ3esLDii6I5TX7CSdHQFhmraLOrFMOsLGOlMDdXMDi4gInteCVe3eezHkHAZemraLOrFMOsLkHAG)nzkJHGWVBsczK596cL2DSwkVCeiy5CgNoNfEZAAIGwFC8OYebPhv4yIiyeYhEZlXZn71(xsLkHVNq(17MOu7BRKew99QnIGzzrqkIkvFC8O6icgbBXJBtjcMLfHDRz6BRKSdvcEMiKp8MxINB2R9VKqbPg1RFhflSBsxryimMzeVkwJz7)R2UQTOlVgvy4RVsLa6jc2KqlQKa

Our previous attempts I was using High Tide since our raid is spaced out more, but then I wasnt sure if my CH was able to bounce to people that may be farther away that needed the heal so I tried CBT since I heard it was a good option.

If you want to run High Tide on that fight and you're not stacking well, I'd take Glyph of Chaining so that you can get further bounces. High Tide doesn't actually make your Chain Heal bounce any further.

Congrats on your kill! :-)

Thanks Karanir. 

We're attempting Mythic Brakenspore on Sunday where I know the ticks will be used quicker.

I love Rushing Streams, but I think I might go back and try Conductivity since the melee will be nice and stacked majority of the time. Last night in Heroic I kept Ances Swift, RS, PE and CBT - topped the meters at 31k hps. We had 3 healers.

I know on Sunday for M-Braken we will be going with 5 healers, 2 HPal, Druid and HPriest. I know I'll probably need AS for the haste and quick HR, but torn on whether to use CBT or High Tide. I have a feeling with the exploding mushrooms the ranged will taking way more damage and I may need HT, but if I do this I'll need to drop AS and take EotE - unless I really want to use Glyph of RT... I'm sure it'll be a bit of a wipe fest and hopefully I'll have time to try both sets of talents out. Except if its anything like our M-Tectus attempts out of 30 we only got past 2:30min 6 times and only once!!! did I get a chance to drop HTT because RL called upon druid 99% of the time to pop Tranq at 1st Upheaval - making my #s for the night looks like dog poo compared to other healers. 

Does anyone have any experience on this fight, has anyone tested these talents already, find a set up that works better than another?

Also think I may go Draenei and drop fat panda. Thought the double food buff would be nice, but the draenei racial may be better. 

Thanks  

Edited by Toulip

I would seriously recommend using TellMeWhen over WeakAuras for simplicity of use. I made 3 of the big action bars and just dragged a lot of my abilities on there it's really helpful. I track Unleash Life cd, Elemental Blast cd, Healing Rain up, Healing Stream cd, CBT cd, Ancestral Swiftness cd, Ascendance cd, Healing Tide Totem cd, Spirit Link cd, Astral Shift cd, Spiritwalker's Grace cd. I'll update with a UI picture later, but I pretty much just have them right over my player frame and right under my target frame. With raid frames just under the feet of my character.

Tldr: With TellMeWhen you literally just drag your abilities with cooldowns onto the bar and put it in a place that's easy to see while in combat without being too obstructive.

• Like 1

I've never used that addon before. Could I find out more about it's features? Does TellMeWhen give visual or audio alerts? And can it identify complex conditions like: "Nobody in my raid has earth shield"? Or is it just purely a cooldown tracker? 

I've never used that addon before. Could I find out more about it's features? Does TellMeWhen give visual or audio alerts? And can it identify complex conditions like: "Nobody in my raid has earth shield"? Or is it just purely a cooldown tracker? 

It does all of those things, I'm not sure if WeakAuras does anything more complex as tellmewhen can get very deep and then also allows lua scripting if needed.  I feel its easier to configure than weak auras but if you already know how to use weak auras I don't see much of an advantage.

personally I think that the group moves too frequently on M bracken for conductivity to be worth it.  There is also not really the kind of consistent raid damage that would make you want to have HR up 100% of the time.  HST with rushing streams can also be dropped for extra healing/mitigation during spores.

I tried using cloudburst for a while on bracken and ultimately didn't stick with it; managing it properly was just one more thing to think about, which I didn't really want while we were learning.  I think it could be pretty nice if you were good about dropping it ~8s before infesting spores started though.  Mushroom healing is a decent way to 'charge' it.  Cloudburst also heals the mushrooms, so be careful of that.

• Like 1

Thanks Cheze - the more I thought about it I came to some of the same conclusions you mentioned. I was also concerned about my CBT healing the mushrooms too soon too and read that they dont stay up as long in Mythic so its very important to time this appropriately. I've gotten better since tracking HST, still missing a few drops, my logs show I average between 42-45% of the time being down; and its usually 4th on the list for healing casts. Since using WA from Stoove, I've been putting down CBT followed by HST with T-Persistence and just keeping them both down constantly throughout the fight. 

I think I'll keep rushing streams. Now I'm asking myself - as long as we hopefully have good RNG with the mushrooms I shouldn't need EB for mana, spec into PE and empower early so I can get at least 2 in. 

If I'm going with High Tide, I'll likely start with EotE. If I find myself needing the haste and my CH not hitting enough targets I may swap out my Grace glyph for RT which I'm guessing may do wonders for High Tide. Other healers in my guild are really good with their dots so it may be OK that I lose that initial higher heal from RT. If I end up with the RT glyph there will be more than 6 targets with RT. Does anyone know if High Tide smart heals? The more I think about it if HT doesnt it may have too many RT targets to choose from on the last 2 bounces... 

Time will tell! May need go to into the dreaded LFG and test this out with and without the glyph to see although it wont nearly be the same by any means as I just destroy healing meters in LFG, and who cares about meters in LFG. Also may need to test to see if I can figure out with CH if it'll bounce to the mushrooms when I'm targeting a player. I really think it does, but I can't remember now. Usually when a mushroom is up I tend to spam Healing Surge on it and toss in a RT/CH directly to mushroom if I see the tanks need more healing. I was using Healing Wave more during this fight, but after checking multiple logs of others it looked like they were using very few HW and HS was in their top 3 casts. 

Also keep in mind with High Tide, although not optimal, it's not the end of the world if you don't always have additional riptide targets for it to hit. The removal of the 10% drop in heals per bounce almost makes it worth the talent on it's own. I run AS with HT without glyphed RIptide.

• Like 1

Thanks Cantdoit - noted! The last time I actually used RT glyph I think was back in MOP. 

Does anyone know what Raid frames this shaman is using?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_iwHuWa_A  It also looks like he is using TellMeWhen. I like how the debuffs pop out, I just dont like frames that are click to heal. Gets way to complicated for me trying to remember what combination of keys are bound to heal what.

I tried using vudo but I got confused in the setup, I know healbot is click to heal so I wont use that one either. I dont mind my Elvui - I just still can't figure out how to show other healers heals. Like if I priest has renew up, I want to see it, if they are bubbled show me. Im sure this can get a little crazy tho with all the druid hots. I tried Grid2 since Grid isnt working, but again I'm lost in the setup and give up. 

Edited by Toulip

Cantdoit - just saw your logs in the other thread for M-Twins. Great job man! Any questionable talent selection between the 2 of us I pretty much went with the opposite of you. 

I compared our 2 guilds since literally the graphs look extremely close on dmg, healing, kill time. 

Confirms I still have a TON OF PRACTICE I need... I feel like I'm always casting except for when I'm dodging things and hitting Spiritwalker as much as possible at least during whirlwind, but I'm still slacking on the overall casts... idk how I'm still like 60-70 casts shorter than you... WTF am I doing!?!?!?!?!?  sad.png

Going to stare at a lot of M-Braken logs this weekend and see what's working best. 

Get a mechanical keyboard and spam like your life depended on it my friend.

Edit: I was arenaing last night so if you're looking at my spec it might be a little goofy.

For twins I run this set up http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zsyt2c-ibE

I pretty much only precast healing rain for Quake and Enfeebling.

Edited by Cantdoit