Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Healing Mythic Imperator

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My guild has just began progressing on Mythic Imperator. So far we're making through the first transition before we wipe. On the attempts so far I'm finding myself significantly behind the other healers, so much that I'm worried I'll be sat and potentially miss out on the realm first. Our current healer setup is: Pally/Druid/Disc/Rsham(me)/MW.

I'm looking for help on what could be the optimum talent/glyph setup and the best way to approach the fight. Right now I'm using AS/EB/Rushing Streams/ High Tide with healing wave,HST, and spiritwalkers focus glyphs. 

My armory doesn't appear to be working due to a recent server transfer. I'm 675 ilvl and outgear the Monk and druid by about 5 ilvls.

Throwing in my 2 cents initially, I would say given the short duration until you wipe, it is not your fault on meters you are not higher.  Your mastery has not had a chance to do it's part.  I know for the first bit of the fight (not mythic granted, but the start is the same regardless) only the tank is getting hit and with shields and hots there is no need for me to be wasting mana. 

Depending on what is wiping you, I don't even know if you are getting a chance to show your worth.  If it is mines, that is a hard deficit to make up in a short time.  Can you give a bit more about what exactly is killing your raid?

I agree with above, your early in the fight and the absorb healers and smart-healers can for the most part keep everyone topped off pretty well with your chain-heals or whatever only doing a little bit because they're barely healing. Your mastery favours the end of the fight where shit gets real, not early on. 

I mean, if you could get some logs, I'm sure people could have a look through them and tell you if your on the right track and what needs to be done. I doubt you'll get benched. I really do doubt it, but if your really that scared of it then maybe explain to your raid leader that because of your CLASS MECHANICS that you can't control your not that useful early-fight where mana is plenty and damage is low, but you'll be appreciated later on when your mastery can really do it's thing.
The reason people take so many healers to the fight is because it's LONG and REALLY healing intensive near the end when healers are lower on mana, and more healers saves mana, but has a downside of making one or two people look bad on the meters until the few who shine can't keep up any longer. 
As long as at the point of the fight you're currently at your not being outhealed significantly(like 10-15k more) and people AREN'T dying due to lack of heals, then I doubt you'll get kicked.

But again, if you can grab us some logs and people can look through them and give you proper advice.

Hi Advantageous, I don't think that you're doing anything particularly wrong from what I can tell. One of the things about this fight is that your raid's co-ordination is far more important than the healing you are doing. I won't lecture you (since having got to Mythic Imperator you're obviously competent at this) but you should expect your throughput to go up significantly towards the end of the fight rather than the start.

I think that Elemental Blast is an excellent talent to take to start with, so you can keep up Healing Rain and use plenty of Chain Heals. If I were you, I'd be aiming to spend about 40% of your mana before the end of the second transition and pot to nearly 100% so you can spend all your mana in the remainder of the fight. Actually, you might end up finding that it's better to pot on the 3rd transition instead to get through the last two phases.

One bit of advise; if you're running High Tide, then it would be worth running Echo of the Elements for two reasons;

1. More Riptides on average so more High Tide bounces.
  2. Riptide is very efficient and will help you control your mana better over a longer fight.

I hope that helps, and do post logs if you can. Good luck!

1 person likes this

Here are some logs from last night. I switched to Candle and Winged Hourglass for trinkets and it's made a drastic improvement on mana availability. I'm starting to pull ahead now when we reach the add death / spirit link phase. We are wiping now in Phase two with heavy movement, disc priest out of raid for bombs and all CD's being down. 

I'm still torn on a T4 talent. Last nights attempts were with Echo, but I'm not sure I'm getting maximum benefit out of it. Thinking about going Elemental Mastery for extra CD / synergy with tide. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Greendexter
      <Should be Studying> is a 3-day raiding guild on Mal’Ganis US. We’ve been raiding as a group for years, starting in the Firelands. We’re currently looking for more raiders to bolster our roster as we head into Mythic EN.
      We are a guild that is concerned with making meaningful progression, but even more concerned with having fun and maintaining a low-pressure atmosphere. We don’t consider ourselves guildies or simply a raid group, we are all friends here. We respect each other while pushing everyone to get better individually as a player.
      We’re an adult guild, with most members being in their mid 20’s-30’s. Additionally, we are an international raid team. We have players from the US, Brazil, Turkey, and Australia. Don’t worry though, everyone speaks English! :)
      Current Progression: 7/7H EN
      Raid Times: Tue/Wed/Sun 7:30-10:30 CST (8:30 EST)
      We are looking for primarily ranged DPS at this time. All exceptional applicants are encouraged to contact us, but we are pretty full-up on melee, tanks, and healers!
      Specific class needs currently include:
      MM Hunter
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman
      Mage (Lower Priority)
      If you’re interested in applying or just want to talk to us, please visit You’ll need to register for the site before you can view the forums.
      Alternatively, feel free to add Dexter#1725 or Vyndir#1769 if you have any questions.
      Thanks for reading!
    • By Ackthal
      <Elite> Kel'thuzad (Alliance, US)

Recruiting ranged DPS and healers (855+) for our core heroic raid team. Raid times are Wed/Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm MST. We have plans to push mythic raid content once we have our raid team filled. Also recruiting all skilled players interested in Mythic+ dungeons. Please join our recruitment channel in Discord (, reply to this post, or contact Khryseiss, Snodobaggins, Ackthal, or Unumalum in-game.

<Elite> is an inaugural guild forming the foundation of what is to become an amazing online gaming community. Founding members consist of real life friends and family. We are bringing together our time, resources, skill-sets, and past gaming experiences with the goal of creating a unique environment where people can connect with others who are highly skilled, level-headed, friendly, and fun to be around. Our core membership consists of players with past Mythic/Old Heroic raiding and Gold Challenge Mode experience, as well as many other high-end gaming experiences in other game titles.

We are growing at a fast pace with an increasing pool of players that are focused on Mythic+ content and raiding. We are looking for like-minded people who take the game seriously enough to put in the effort for progression, but at the same time realize that real life, friendships, community, and having fun are more important than clearing content and obtaining gear. Having a sensible demeanor and good attitude is a must. New PVE opportunities are on the horizon, including legacy raiding for achievements/mounts. Please contact us if you are interested. Thank you!
    • By Kirs
      Who is HTG? We are a competitive raiding guild looking to get our act together for the next tier of raiding content. We are looking for any and all exceptional players to fill our roster so if your class isn't something that we're necessarily looking for but you think you can outperform our current members then there may be a slot for you!
      Raid Schedule -
      Tuesday - 8pm - Midnight
      Thursday - 8pm - Midnight
      Sunday 8pm - Midnight 
      Class Specific Needs -
      Shadow Priest
      Arms Warrior
      Any strong Flex player preferably Ele/Resto Shaman
      If you have any questions you can leave a comment on the forum here or contact me in game.  Xnd#1736 or Kirs-Arthas
    • By LanceFW[/img]     Valiant Vengeance was created about 7 years ago by the same leadership that is held today. We are a progression minded semi-hardcore guild who has raided since WoTLK. Each raid tier we have gotten progressively better at our pace and we plan to be a competing guild in Legion. VV raids 3 nights a week for a total of 9 hours a week.   Progression: 3/7M 7/7H   Raid Times: 6-9PM Pacific Raid Days Tues, Thurs, and Sun Loot System: EPGP Voice Comm: Discord   Current Recruitment Needs:   Tank Will make considerations 1 RDPS of any class . 1 Strong healer with a good DPS os, prefer R Sham   All applications regardless of role and spec will be considered if you can make our raid times and perform to our standards.   Our guild is comprised of members who have been with us for quite awhile, over several raid tiers and and expansions. We are pretty close knit and are wishing to add to the team. Just because we are progression minded and serious about raiding does not mean we do not have fun and just be friends. VV is a strictly no drama guild and any of those who wish to start it are immediately removed. If you are seeking a friendly, fun guild to raid with and be competitive with in Legion, VV is the place for you!   For any questions please add me on Btag or apply on our Guildsite. Raid Leader and Guild Master: Pyra#1209 Co-GM: Lance#1115 Guild Site:  
    • By Sappora
      H-Bleeding Hollow

Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.

Raid Progression: 1/7 M EN
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)

About us:
      We are comprised of long term raiders who have raided multiple expansions at a high level.
      Most of us have played together for many years.
      We try to be on a first name basis with our raiders.
      We raid to have fun with our friends but also to push progression.
      Semi-Hardcore raiding guild whose goal is to get Cutting Edge each tier.

Who we are looking for:
      People who get excited about raiding every raid night.
      People we can rely on (attendance,effort,communication,dedication).
      People who who are looking for a fun raiding environment.
      People who understand what progression is all about.
      People who engage in the guild (socially, and as an integral part of the team).

We are currently looking for non-leather RDPS.

Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no DPS/HPS while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.

If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 

Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)