FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Entenei

Brewmaster Monk TMI

Hello Everyone

I've started tanking this expac for my guild, I'm not in a super serious raiding guild but still want to improve.

I have been looking at the logs of our raid last night (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/08d6b9a8-78f8-493e-9b33-2687932972bb/report/24#v=0,d=0) and noticed my tmi was 121.7k and effective 88.9k.. I understand I want low tmi as its baised on % of my health(??)

However I don't know whats normal for a monk, I'm not able to work out if this is before Stagger or After Stagger. 
Also cant find out what the difference in Effective and .. non(?) effective tmi is.

So my question i guess is. Whats a good tmi for a brew tank? does it change on fights? What kinda numbers am I aiming for?

Also if there are any tips for improving my tmi if its needed

Thanks for any help 

Lúz

Edit: wrong link..

Edited by Entenei

Reupload in Warcraftlogs and I can go through them.

He's not asking for you to go over his logs and point out anything that could be improved upon, he's asking what TMI is. Also, AMR's combat log is just as useful as WCL's is, it just has a different interface that you have to get used to. It has it's pros and it's cons, and one of its biggest cons is tht everyone here is so absolutely fixated on using WCL that you won't accept anything else. I can understand not using WoL, but AMR has a pretty good combat log system in place.

@OP: TMI is what % of your total health you took on average over a duration of 6s in 100ks, meaning that a TMI of 100k means you took an average of 100% of your total health over 6s. If you don't take damage from attacks due to your own abilities (guard, pure brew to get rid of stagger, fort brew's damage reduction) then this will go down. Effective TMI includes external sources of damage reduction (disc priests' bubbles, bark skin, etc) and will naturally be lower than your TMI. As for what numbers you should be looking for as a BrM monk, I'm not entirely sure of a specific number as long, but as long as you are using your defensive as needed then you are good.

• Like 1

it just has a different interface that you have to get used to.

This is why I asked for WCL logs, if he took the logs then the reuploading of them in to a format that I know and can use quickly is a lot easier then trying to learn another logging system. I look at 10-30 peoples logs per day, cutting down on the time I spend doing it is important. Relearning a fairly uncommon logging system isn't at the top of my to-do list. Either way, I don't really know why you care.

TMI means very little, it is just a number. Like DPS or HPS your TMI means nothing without context. Context can only be found by looking at the fight as a whole, so looking at logs is needed in order to answer a question like:

So my question i guess is. Whats a good tmi for a brew tank? does it change on fights? What kinda numbers am I aiming for?

Also if there are any tips for improving my tmi if its needed

Hello again, Thank you both for taking the time to respond i think i understand a bit better now... It means that with out a healer i would have died once every 6 seconds... that does not sound too good ^_^  - Mabye i need to work on being more survive-y.

Thank you both again. 

Hello again, Thank you both for taking the time to respond i think i understand a bit better now... It means that with out a healer i would have died once every 6 seconds... that does not sound too good happy.png  - Mabye i need to work on being more survive-y.

Thank you both again. 

http://www.sacredduty.net/theck-meloree-index-standard-reference-document/

http://www.sacredduty.net/2014/04/08/re-building-a-better-metric-part-ii/

Read these, it explains what TMI is from the mouth of the beast himself.

Edited by Orthios