FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rhewar

Trinket Choice demonology and askmrrobot

It was a pretty big jump. The jump may also be due to getting more comfortable with the spec, as I have only been playing it 2 weeks. I don't have logs to cross compare week over week performance, we are missing a couple nights of logs so I am going off of memory of my Details meter. 

I don't own a Sandman's, as I was main specing afflicition up until the Demonbolt buffs. However, I'm not really sure how you could have lower DPS using Mythic Shards over it as it has 68 more base intellect, and the haste on use grants pretty insane fury generation. 

Ilevels for me are really similar and I'm having trouble making a choice on what to use.  What would guys use between:

1.  normal WF runestone (ilevel 661)

2.  Copeland's (ilevel 665)

3.  Heroic shards (ilevel 670)

It was a pretty big jump. The jump may also be due to getting more comfortable with the spec

It is very likely this.  Swapping out a trinket isn't going to magically increase your DB's by 100k as you said you went from 250k to 375k.  CC's proc of about 1500 spell power is nice, but the passive Crit is marginally below the passive Intellect of the other trinkets.  Optimizing the use of CC requires perfect execution every 2 minutes with a DB burn.

Hello all, first post on Icy Veins...  :)

I currently have the following...

676 Quiescent Runestone

665 Copeland's Clarity

670 Shards of Nothing

I've read this forum post and I see some conflicting opinions.  As Demo, should I be going with CC or SoN?  If I am going SoN, should that Trink be Proc'd with Dark Soul?  Or should it be proc'd when I am trying to generate fury outside of Meta?  Thank you for your feedback in advance.

• Like 1

Hello all, first post on Icy Veins...  smile.png

I currently have the following...

676 Quiescent Runestone

665 Copeland's Clarity

670 Shards of Nothing

I've read this forum post and I see some conflicting opinions.  As Demo, should I be going with CC or SoN?  If I am going SoN, should that Trink be Proc'd with Dark Soul?  Or should it be proc'd when I am trying to generate fury outside of Meta?  Thank you for your feedback in advance.

You should be using CC in the opener, and SoN after wards to build fury more quickly.

I think he's asking which he should be pairing with his 676 Runestone. 

I think 665 Copeland's beats 670 Shards (not 685 though), so I'd pair the CC with QR. And obviously use the CC whenever you dark soul + demonbolt.

When / if you get the mythic Shards and start using those, it really is just a matter of choice whether you use the trinket with DS or to build - personally I use it with Dark Soul on the pull (the haste buffs my opening HoG, and also lowers the debuff duration on my first DB), but when it comes off cooldown after 2 minutes I still usually have the DB debuff, so I use it on its own to build from then on.

^ Also, to anybody that is using CC + SoN, I actually recommend using SoN with the opener and CC on the your second cycle, because the haste buff on the first cycle enables you to get both of your demonbolt cycles off within heroism. Also the second cycle is usually 3 or 4 demonbolts (the haste buff from SoN also allows you to build to 4 easily), which you'd rather have buffed by the CC than the usual 2 you get in your opener.

Edited by Oldtrout

I think he's asking which he should be pairing with his 676 Runestone. 

I think 665 Copeland's beats 670 Shards (not 685 though), so I'd pair the CC with QR. And obviously use the CC whenever you dark soul + demonbolt.

When / if you get the mythic Shards and start using those, it really is just a matter of choice whether you use the trinket with DS or to build - personally I use it with Dark Soul on the pull (the haste buffs my opening HoG, and also lowers the debuff duration on my first DB), but when it comes off cooldown after 2 minutes I still usually have the DB debuff, so I use it on its own to build from then on.

^ Also, to anybody that is using CC + SoN, I actually recommend using SoN with the opener and CC on the your second cycle, because the haste buff on the first cycle enables you to get both of your demonbolt cycles off within heroism. Also the second cycle is usually 3 or 4 demonbolts (the haste buff from SoN also allows you to build to 4 easily), which you'd rather have buffed by the CC than the usual 2 you get in your opener.

Sims has mythic shards beating copeland's at around 670 ilevel by about 400-500 dps for demonology. 

Also smoother gameplay and higher damage outside of the Cd.  If you have to move during copeland's and your 10 sec dark soul you are fucked.

Sims has mythic shards beating copeland's at around 670 ilevel by about 400-500 dps for demonology. 

Also smoother gameplay and higher damage outside of the Cd.  If you have to move during copeland's and your 10 sec dark soul you are fucked.

Sims aren't gospel. Shards has a haste buff that helps your DBs how?

CC has nearly 1500 int when YOU WANT it, JUST LIKE ds when YOU want it.

If you need to move, you've lost to mechanics

The tooltip on CC is wrong. Its more like 1100. Still good, but the passive int on shards should not be underestimated.

Even still, with the way demo's break down is, having int exactly when you want it (db casts) is a pretty big deal.

I guess there'd be fight lengths that could play a factor though

I was using SoN and CC, but I recently picked up a 670 Quiescent Runestone (7 weeks of kills + bonus rolls on heroic Imp and only just got it), and I'm now using that with my SoN.

I just prefer the passive gain to every single one of my DB cycles than the big gain I get every 2 minutes with 1 cycle. Especially given that the second half of the proc's duration is almost always being used in caster form to just build, so we aren't able to utilize it fully like destruction / affliction / demo with cataclysm can.

I'm curious now that the patch is out which of the 2 trinkets I should be using with Demo (non-demonbolt):

CC 665

Runestone 670

GSR 680

I take it GSR 680 with one of the others. Just not sure which and if it matters whether it's single target like Gruul or multi-target, like Operator/Maidens.

Oh, and I've been reading for a while now and wanted to add a thanks to everyone who contributes to these forums. This is a great place for lock info.

I'm curious now that the patch is out which of the 2 trinkets I should be using with Demo (non-demonbolt):

CC 665

Runestone 670

GSR 680

I take it GSR 680 with one of the others. Just not sure which and if it matters whether it's single target like Gruul or multi-target, like Operator/Maidens.

Oh, and I've been reading for a while now and wanted to add a thanks to everyone who contributes to these forums. This is a great place for lock info.

Without DB it's pointless for you to run CC.  Runestone + GSR till you get something to replace Runestone.

Without DB it's pointless for you to run CC.  Runestone + GSR till you get something to replace Runestone.

What makes you say this?

Playing Demonic Servitude + GoServ gives you controlled burst every two minutes. CC would be my pick, for sure.