Topic Details

Been studying a lot, but a few remaining questions:

3 replies to this topic Started by Faesrol, Nov 09 2012 05:02 PM Stat weights Mult dotting
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Faesrol
  • Faesrol
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I read in the Stat weights and priorities thread that:
Int > SP > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Hit (5100) > Haste > Crit
Now, is this universal? As in, no matter what kind of gear you have? See I'm not very confident using Simcraft, but whenever I run my char, my stat weights change whenever I acquire a new piece of armor. Does this mean that I should reforge in accordance to said stat weights? And what do you guys use for enchant, gem- and reforging optimization?

Also, to clarify, what are the dps gains for all of the various races?

And one last thing: How do you multi dot? When do you SB:SS, and when do you manually cast DoT's?
EDIT: ...and which targets do you haunt when multidotting?

Edited by Faesrol, 09 November 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

I read in the Stat weights and priorities thread that:
Int > SP > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Hit (5100) > Haste > Crit
Now, is this universal? As in, no matter what kind of gear you have? See I'm not very confident using Simcraft, but whenever I run my char, my stat weights change whenever I acquire a new piece of armor. Does this mean that I should reforge in accordance to said stat weights? And what do you guys use for enchant, gem- and reforging optimization?

Also, to clarify, what are the dps gains for all of the various races?

And one last thing: How do you multi dot? When do you SB:SS, and when do you manually cast DoT's?
EDIT: ...and which targets do you haunt when multidotting?

It's not "universal" in that you can hit lvl 90 and hit that item level. When you get to 475ish item level, that should be your priority. Enchant Mastery and Intellect. Gem Mastery and Intellect. Reforge out of Crit with every opportunity into whatever stat you need.

Races don't make a significant enough change to warrant a heavy decision. Goblins and Trolls do about 1k more with their racials than Blood Elves do without any racial benefit at a 495 item level, so the values will be less before that and slightly more after it. The passive 1% haste has more benefit than the Troll's Berserking. Orc's Blood Fury doesn't scale as well as the static haste of the Goblins either. Personally, I believe the order is:

1) Goblin (1% static Haste)
2) Troll (20% Haste for 10 sec with 180 sec CD)
3) Orc (some % of Spell Power for 15 sec with 180 sec CD, 1% hit with wands)
4) Undead (Touch of the Grave - minor healing and damage buff)
5) Blood Elves - nothing

Multi-dotting strategy depends on your ability to regenerate Soul Shards in order to SB:SS your DoTs up. Take Will of the Emperors for example...there's always a target about to die somewhere. Use Drain Soul on it, get 4 Soul Shards, DoT up both bosses and whatever adds are up, then kill another with Drain Soul and rinse and repeat. Warlocks have the best multi-dotting capacity with things that die frequently. Shadow Priests and Boomies catch up with we can't regenerate our Soul Shards without lucky RNG Nightfall procs. For something like Stone Guard, manually keep your DoTs up on your non-targetted dog.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Sebbis
  • Sebbis
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Don't forget that orc also get +1% expertise by using wands. So +1% exp and the blood fury makes them quite attractive.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

Don't forget that orc also get +1% expertise by using wands.
So +1% exp and the blood fury makes them quite attractive.

Wands are not an attractive option because your Sha-Touched weapons available are a staff and a 1H dagger. You'd only receive that option with Elegon's wand, but you'd never want that over your Sha-Touched weapon.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users