FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
aldwin

A quick question to the more experienced gamers

Hey folks

I have a quick question that some of your more experienced gamers/raiders can answer.

First off, I'm a "clicker" and I want to get away from that an elevate my game. 

Which, in your opinion, would be easier to master? Key-bindings using just the keyboard or using a Razer Naga?

Thanks for any advice/insight

Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Both at the same time. Gives you far more options in every aspect.

Personally I use a Logitech G13 and a Razer Naga 2014. 

I personally use my keyboard and my logitech G400s gaming mouse (5 buttons). 

You *CAN* use just a keyboard, but it is nice to use both keyboard and mouse like Locky said. It gives you a more diverse option on the amount of "keybinds" you have. And if you have a 12 button Razer Naga, then you can use that + some of the easy to reach keys on the keyboard and you're good. You might not even need to use modifiers like CTRL, ALT and SHIFT. 

This is what I'm thinking

Using the Naga for my main rotation and keyboard binds for everything else.

All I know is that I STRUGGLE using my left hand for anything other than moving. And I know I'd be tempting to look every time I went to press a "hotkey". With the buttons on the Naga (even though they will have a learning curve too) it would be so much easier for me as it would eliminate that need to "look" at where I'm pressing.

And I know I'd be tempting to look every time I went to press a "hotkey". 

Play Osu!, use keyboard for taps, and this becomes a non-issue.  Once you get to a decently fast beatmap you realize that you don't have time to look at your keys and you quickly get a feel for where your keys are and you no longer have the need to look at your keyboard.

I had another question

Macros

I'm assuming we can't have macros that do 2 or 3 moves? I thought I read somewhere that Blizz did away with that.

I had another question

Macros

I'm assuming we can't have macros that do 2 or 3 moves? I thought I read somewhere that Blizz did away with that.

Sure you can, just have a macro that utilizes shift, ctrl, and alt mods.  Or you can do macros that do something different for a mouseover target.  You just can't have a single macro that does everything for you in one button.

Edited by Orthios

How would it look like?

For instance.....Tiger Paw, Chi Brew and something else

How would the "code" look like?

I need to research that a bit more as my macro skills are noobish, at best tongue.png

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Tiger Palm; [mod:shift] Chi Brew; [mod:alt, @mouseover] Chi Wave

You can also you @self to cast the spell at yourself, @focus to cast it at your focus.

It's not clear (or I just missed it) what role we're dealing with here. For healing I would always recommend using your mouse along with some raid frame, but I sense this is a WW-oriented question, and for that (and for BM and to some extend MW as well), I'd recommend re-binding all you actions keys around your WASD, such as 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, R, T, F, G, Z, X, C, V; some less accessible than others, but once you get used to this (which probably takes some time) no movement is ever required from your left hand. Doing this and changing view direction with the mouse is a highly responsive and effective way to control your character, imo.

Try it out, and don't dismiss it if it wont work a 100% for you immediately; it does take some getting used to ...

• Like 1