Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paganinifreak

Dual Wield vs. Two Hand Monk Tanking

3 posts in this topic

I am wondering if there are preferences between dual wield and two handed weapon tanking. Does one way provide better mitigation than the other, or is it all up to personal preference? If dual wield is good for tanking, is there a specific weapon that's better than another (i.e. fist weapons over swords)?

Thanks for your time :)

I don't have anything concrete, but it is to my understanding that dual-wield is better because it can proc elusive brew faster then 2H.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that you should just grab the best of what you have or can get, because other then that elusive brew fact its not really that much of a difference

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Vengence DH leveling ? how is it ?
      By dlhak
      i there I'm new to forums here, I have watched many streams and videos about Demon Hunter specs, I was planning to level a demon hunter as a main class, and I wanted to know how is Vengeance spec doing in leveling ? is it worth leveling in DH's tanking spec ? or would it take too much time compared to Havoc ? I remember devs saying at Legion annoucement that tanking specs and healing specs would have their damage increased to allow them level up faster.

So anyone tried leveling up as Vengeance DH yet ?
    • Looking for some feedback on my tanking. Its my off spec so its not optimal, yet
      By Shells
      Hi

Recently been doing some raid tanking for our group. Its alot of fun and while I have no major issues with mythic dungeon tanking, probably from overgearing it, I have a feeling that my rotation is a bit off in blood while raid tanking. I had a problem with using blood tap last night, I had it macro's into death strike and the macro wasnt working. I suspect it might not be optimal to macro it in. Is that still the case?. Most of the guides I came across are a bit out of date and this late into the expansion thats to be expected.

Logs for last night
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a7cKfwAZHjYtN8G3/

Logs for last week
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rT26LmRYkQg1jGNM/

Armory
      http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/argent_dawn/shells

(I was using 2 dps trinkets last night, EDH and UH

Gear wise I was running with 2 dps trinkets and  a dps cloak as the tanking cloak I have is 705 baleful one while my dps one was 720. 

Picked up the Kilrogg tanking trinket last night and have the reapers harvest. 
      AskMrRobot keeps trying to get me to equip it but I am not sure if its worth the slot or not.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.
      Shells
    • Which trinkets for Protection?
      By Rixhephtos
      Hey there guys, just a quick question.  I have 4 trinkets for tanking, and not sure which 2 I should stick with.

I have a 720 Warlord's Unseeing Eye with speed and a socket (+956 haste, +165 speed, +50 haste gem), reduces damage taken up to 19.84%

705 Anzu's Cursed Plume (+416 bonus armor), chance for 1,526 mastery

730 Libram of Vindication, below 76% hp I heal 113,348 and do that much damage to guys around me

and the Purified Shard of the Third Moon.

So far I've always had on the Eye, and swapped between the boa trinket and the Plume (been tanking Archimonde carries for my guild, when I do that I run the boa trinket since I'm a little squishy and that massive absorb shield it creates from resolve has probably saved me a number of times), but typically run Plume.
      I also have a Tyrant's Decree with a socket but from what I've read that's not good for prot pallies so I didn't include that in the list.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

• Tanking UI & keybind questions
      By Adabella
      I've tanked off and on (mostly just leveling/heroic dungeons) for years. I'm pretty familiar with how tanks and specific classes work, but I'm looking for more general info here. I'd like to get into tanking end-game content but I don't think I'm quite there yet. I've been watching videos on general raid tanking (movement, awareness, etc.) and I always read/watch fight guides, but I feel like there are more general things I could do to improve.

What are the most important things for me to be able to see when tanking raids? I know I would need to be able to see the other tank's stacks/debuffs, as well as boss frames with a cast bar, but is there anything else I really need to view? I use DBM so spell timers, etc. are included in that, ElvUI for my UI which keeps it pretty clean, and I use WeakAuras to show CDs and other info pertinent to my class (Stagger for monks, Resolve, and so on).

What keybinds do you typically use for tanking? I'm used to using 1 to 0, -, and = (I have a Naga mouse so it's 1-12 for me), then the same keys with shift or alt modifiers. Ctrl seems to be a little hard for me to reach comfortably. Note: A & D are unbound for me; I use W, S, Q, E and my mouse for movement. I typically would use Shift+1, Shift+2 for ST/AoE taunts, but I'm wondering if there's maybe a better keybind to try out for those.

Thanks for any help 
    • Mistweaving Chi and Overwriting ReM
      By Transistor
      Hi! This might seem like a silly question because nobody else seems to have asked this, but I would just like clarification on the following: To generate chi, should I still use Renewing Mist even if everybody already has Renewing Mist on them?

It seems like Renewing Mist is always on everyone [particularly raiding in 10-man groups] and when the full raid is taking moderate damage, after my first Uplift I'm not sure if I should overwrite a few ReMs on people to get myself enough Chi for a second Uplift, or maybe just Surging Mist on the tank instead...?

It seems like everyone else has figured this out so apologies if this is an obvious question. Thanks in advance!