Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paganinifreak

Dual Wield vs. Two Hand Monk Tanking

3 posts in this topic

I am wondering if there are preferences between dual wield and two handed weapon tanking. Does one way provide better mitigation than the other, or is it all up to personal preference? If dual wield is good for tanking, is there a specific weapon that's better than another (i.e. fist weapons over swords)?

Thanks for your time :)

I don't have anything concrete, but it is to my understanding that dual-wield is better because it can proc elusive brew faster then 2H.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that you should just grab the best of what you have or can get, because other then that elusive brew fact its not really that much of a difference

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rogmaw
      So i was lucky enough to get Drinking Horn Cover for my WW. 

I was playing around with it today and i noticed something. It seems you should get the Energizing Elixir talent. Reason being is that if you manage to pull off the rotation properly then you can actually be able to use Fist of Fury twice before the Storm, Earth and Fire clones expires. This makes it really good considering the artifact passives that affect FoF with and without SEaF.

Rotation
      Currently, i'm seeing this rotation to be the most effective:
      x2 Tiger Palm > Touch of Death > Storm, Earth and Fire > Fist of Fury > Strike of the Windlord > RSK > Blacout Kick until FoF's off CD. (Make sure you have chi when that happens)
      The idea is to increase the chi spent as much as possible in between cooldowns, while still making sure that the very millisecond it goes off cooldown you have 3 chi to spend on it.

Downside?
      In order to make sure your SEaF are still up until the end of FoF, you can not use Whirling Dragon Punch during SEaF.  AFAIK, you can't change talents to compensate for that. Serenity doesn't work with the legendary and I have no theoretical number on Chi Orbit You can't rely on combo strikes on every single hit as you need to burn chi fast by spamming Blackout kick Question then is, does the downside far outweigh the upside, should i not prioritize double FoF?
    • By Arcere
      Hello everyone!
      <Shadow> is a well-established, mythic raiding team on Argent Dawn EU, consisting of mature players that stands between hardcore raiding and having busy RL schedules. We achieve this by raising the bar on player standards, personal responsibility and accountability, resulting in us progressing through content in only two nights a week of raiding.
      In essence, we like to have it all; careers, studies, families, raiding progression and above all - Fun in our mutual hobby.
      During WoD the raiding team has finished HFC Heroic and started progression through Mythic - Clearing up to Mythic Xhul before the designated break, resulting in 10/13 Mythic bosses cleared in total. (WoWProgress)
      With Legion coming and our mythic team going strong, we are looking to jump directly into progression when the new raid tiers open - And it’s always more fun with more people!

We raid on the below days and times (all times are server time):
      - Thursday: 20:00 - 23:00
      - Sunday: 19:30 - 22:30

What we can offer you:
      - Organised, consistent, fun and successful raids.
      - Community feel and active website.
      - Capable and positive raid leader.
      - Organised, mature and well managed guild in the essence of fair play.

What we are looking for:
      - Mature players who are passionate about raiding.
      - Team players.
      - Players who have willingness and a desire to always improve.
      - Experienced players to jump straight into Mythic.

What we are currently recruiting:

- Mistweaver Monk
      - Resto Shaman
      - Holy Paladin

How to join up:
      You can apply via our website following the "Join Shadow" navigation link. Alternatively you can send in-game mail to Arcere to arrange a chat.

Thanks for reading!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Lashing Tail Kick Monk with Sunwuko.
    • By JaySnix
      Hey,
      i want to raid with my mistweaver monk. Up till now i only did mythic+ and my playstyle was mistweaving as mentioned in the Icy-Veins guide.
      As i was playing my healer , someone asked me how i can reserve all my mana if i face a boss in a raid but i couldn't give him an anwser and i was asking myself: " do I need to switch to fistweaving?". I don't like the thought of healing at the frontline , with blizzard cutting my visions since legion launch. So this introduction is leading to a specific question: Can i keep healing from behind? and if it is the case: how?
      Please help me , i am really enjoying monk as a healer!
    • By GreyRL
      Tornado Kicks - "Rising Sun Kick strikes an additional time for 25% additional damage."
      Transfer the Power - "Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick increase damage dealt by your next Fists of Fury by 3%, stacking up to 10 times."

My question is - does the extra strike of Rising Sun Kick give an extra stack on top of Transfer the Power? If I was to use Rising Sun Kick, would I gain 2 stacks of Transfer the Power instead of just 1?