Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dual Wield vs. Two Hand Monk Tanking

3 posts in this topic

I am wondering if there are preferences between dual wield and two handed weapon tanking. Does one way provide better mitigation than the other, or is it all up to personal preference? If dual wield is good for tanking, is there a specific weapon that's better than another (i.e. fist weapons over swords)?

Thanks for your time :)

I don't have anything concrete, but it is to my understanding that dual-wield is better because it can proc elusive brew faster then 2H.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that you should just grab the best of what you have or can get, because other then that elusive brew fact its not really that much of a difference

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By dastardlyfi
      I have now, 4 trinkets that I am conflicted on using as they all seem to have decent stats and usages/passives. I am mainly tanking mythic dungeons, although our guild does normal EN but I have no problem there.
      What do you think would be the best 2 to use in general?
      I have the following:
      Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor
      What do y'all think?
    • By Dereek
      Váde Enim is a friendly guild on Draenor EU 
      We are currently 7/7 normal and 4/7 heroic
      We are looking to expand to a 20+ man team and tackle mythic content. 
      We cover a number of events in guild including alt raids, mythic dungeons and mythic + content.
      Raiding days are Wednesday and Thursday 1945 - 2300 (server time) 
      We run Mythic + groups on throughout the week 
      We're looking for the following; (But all may be considered)
      Shadow Priests
      Feral and Balance Druids 
      Demon Hunters (Havoc)
      Arms Warrior
      We're mainly looking for Melee DPS on top of the classes we already have just to spread out our Melee / Ranged ratio.
      If you'd like to join and trial please contact Dereek, Rentend, Pettz, Vaior in game or add my bnet tag Villain #2997
      Many thanks

• By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)
    • By Wixii
      Boom Time is currently recruiting healers (and as always exceptional dps).
      What healers do we need?
      - Paladin (high)
      - Monk
      - 860+ (Not absolute minimum)
      - Mythic experience or impressive logs
      - A sense of humour
      Wednesday - 19:00-23:00
      Thursday - 19:00-23:00
      Sunday - 19:00-23:00
      Contact info, about us, etc
      Wixii#2580 (Healing Officer)
      Origin#2634 (Ranged Officer)