FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Protectors of the Endless

Guess I'll get the ball rolling for this one, though I suppose the lack of comments might be because it's relatively simple Posted Image

Observations from our kill (2 tank, 2 heal, Regail > Asani> Kaolan).

Phase 1:

Nothing special, very fogiving phase, just cleanse the Lightning Prisons quickly and you're good to go.

Tanks can be wherever they like, we stacked everyone so all (including both tanks) could blast away at Regail.

Dispel/steal/purge off the heal so that the tanks/mele can remain stationary.

Phase 2:

Asani... may not need a tank. We actually started with 1 tank, leaving Asani untanked for this phase, but found that when interrupted (which you really want to do) Asani melees quite hard, and not having a tank for him was causing trouble.

We set up a 4 person loose interrupt team for him, but didnt really care that much if any were missed. Have the raid (bar your Kaolan tank healer) stand in the middle to benefit from the corrupted waters when they die.

HPS-style Raid CDs may come in handy here, as the rising damage from the Kaolan DoT starts to hurt and you cant quite stack up yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention sorry, during this phase we had the Kaolan tank just stand near an outside wall and drop the voidzones in a neat little patch, ala Garalon pheromones. Any healer can easily stand in the midpoint between this tank and the centre and reach him and the whole raid. So long as the tank doesnt nub up the voidzones, he should rarely if ever take damage from his increasingly high stacks of the debuff.

Phase 3:

Kited Kaolan around the outside with ranged/heals in the middle for AoE heals.

Hero'd on this phase, after the first Exhale corruption (occurs ~ 10 secs after phase trans)

Make sure melee moved ~ 5 secs ahead of the Exhale Corruption cast, assumign they dont have some kind of move-speed buff. better safe than sorry, that thing hurts.

Pretty simple encounter. As most folks seem to be saying, if you have the DPS/HPS to clear HoF (which, if you're in ToES, you obviously do) then this fight should be a non-issue for you.

XD

Edited by Auracle
  • Like 1

Phase 2:

Asani... may not need a tank. We actually started with 1 tank, leaving Asani untanked for this phase, but found that when interrupted (which you really want to do) Asani melees quite hard, and not having a tank for him was causing trouble.

We set up a 4 person loose interrupt team for him, but didnt really care that much if any were missed. Have the raid (bar your Kaolan tank healer) stand in the middle to benefit from the corrupted waters when they die.

HPS-style Raid CDs may come in handy here, as the rising damage from the Kaolan DoT starts to hurt and you cant quite stack up yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention sorry, during this phase we had the Kaolan tank just stand near an outside wall and drop the voidzones in a neat little patch, ala Garalon pheromones. Any healer can easily stand in the midpoint between this tank and the centre and reach him and the whole raid. So long as the tank doesnt nub up the voidzones, he should rarely if ever take damage from his increasingly high stacks of the debuff.

We haven't attempted this order yet because we wanted to quickly get through the instance and work on heroics in MSV/HoF. From what I'm reading you're saying that Kaolan only drops Defiled Ground on the tank? It was my assumption it was on a random raid member o.O

I posted my strat for this in the Terrace overall guide. Do Elite mode. It's a joke. I pugged it and 2 shot it.

Zagam, Regardless of it being a joke can you confirm or deny my above question? It would make it way more of a joke if it were true, but I have a feeling defiled ground is applied to a random raid member.

The way we did it (as a pug, from what I remember) was one tank pulled the Protector way over to the side of the room. Our Holy Paladin kept an eye on him with Bacon (spelling intentional because of how awesome it is) and the raid focused down the dude who heals (starts with A). All we had to worry about here was dispelling cleansing waters from the boss. If it's missed, the healing he does hampers the enrage timer. Once he dies, all DPS switch to the 2nd target. Again, nothing to worry about except switching to the Corrupted Water and standing in the circle for 25% haste buff. Once he's dead, tanks hold boss on edge while ranged and healers sit in middle of room. When Protector does Expel Harm, move out of circle. Rinse, repeat, collect loot.

Defiled Ground was collected on one side of the room away from the raid group.

Zagam, Regardless of it being a joke can you confirm or deny my above question? It would make it way more of a joke if it were true, but I have a feeling defiled ground is applied to a random raid member.

This is something I need to update in the guide, but I can confirm based on our Elite mode kill last night (so, recent), that Kaolan only drops Defiled Ground on the tank. So yes, it makes it very easy.

We did this in a 10-man with 2 tanks and 3 healers (playing it safe), and the only problem we had was that the enrage timer is pretty tight that way. In fact, he enraged on our kill but died shortly after (it's not a 1-shot). You can comfortably drop down to 2 healers, though, and you can probably also do the fight with a single tank. Asani doesn't really melee often (but he does on occasion), and Regail just needs to be interrupted often. You can probably even do it with 1 tank and 2 healers. It'll take some good play, but the immense DPS you'll have will come in very handy.

Also, just a note, the Expel Corruption void zones are huge, and they hurt a LOT. It's really advised that everyone moves out of their range while Kaolan is still casting, to avoid taking any ticks.

• Like 1

How many healers would you say for 25 man? 5 or 6?

I think 5 is perfectly fine, for Elite mode. I've seen non-elite done even with 4 healers, but that may be a little too tight with all the damage from Sha Touched (Kaolan).

Checking back at our logs we did non-elite with 5, So I'm pretty sure we would keep it like that. I think when we first killed the boss on non-elite we had 6 healers because it was our default raid comp for new fights, it felt like we could have killed it with 3-4 healers though.. lol Thanks for the information.

Edited by krazyito65