FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bonez

Need Help with Demo damage

Hi,

First of all here is my Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/thrall/Braas/simple

My Rotation:

I Start the fight with precast on soulfire, then hand of guldan, agony, imp swarm, hand of guldan -->meta in --> DS(glyphed) - Doom, 1x Demonbolt - Meta out, [1] each time i  have a molten core proc i use soulfire, otherwise shadowbolt as a filler  - when i am full n demonic fury i cast 4x demonbolt refresh doom if it has 18 sec or lower - and rest of the fury is spend on touch of chaos - and then we start with [1] again - at 25 percent i am using soulfire like recommended. ofc i use imp swarm trinket and 1 procc of ds on cd so that i always have 1 procc of ds for my meta - phase

i feel to be very much underperforming for my gear - kargath lfr was aabout 26k (3 minutes fight duration) Butcher about 27k (same duration).

Can somebody maybe give me advises what to do to get more dps? im rly frustrated right now....

i would be rly thankful if i could get some helpful advises

greets

The Help My DPS Thread!

If you are planning on posting a question about why you are only doing X DPS even though you have Y average item level, please provide us with as many of the following details as possble:

• the link to your character's armory (such as http://eu.battle.net...odreth/advanced);
  • a combatlog of the encounter(s) where you feel you are under-performing (ideally on www.warcraftlogs.com);
  • the rotation you are using. If you are deviating from the rotation we advise in the relevant class guide, please specify to what extent (and why).
  • In case you feel you are under-performing relative to another player of the same class and spec in your raid, include their armory link and any other details about them that you can. Moreover, in this case, we advise you to first raise the issue with that player, to find out what he is doing differently from you.

Please understand that simply stating "I'm only doing 15k DPS in item level 388, what am I doing wrong?" does not help us help you in any way.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

i posted all u wanted oO - maybe a useful answer now?

We can't give you a useful answer until you provide us with useful information.

We need logs. No logs? No help.

Hi,

First of all here is my Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/thrall/Braas/simple

My Rotation:

I Start the fight with precast on soulfire, then hand of guldan, agony, imp swarm, hand of guldan -->meta in --> DS(glyphed) - Doom, 1x Demonbolt - Meta out, [1] each time i  have a molten core proc i use soulfire, otherwise shadowbolt as a filler  - when i am full n demonic fury i cast 4x demonbolt refresh doom if it has 18 sec or lower - and rest of the fury is spend on touch of chaos - and then we start with [1] again - at 25 percent i am using soulfire like recommended. ofc i use imp swarm trinket and 1 procc of ds on cd so that i always have 1 procc of ds for my meta - phase

i feel to be very much underperforming for my gear - kargath lfr was aabout 26k (3 minutes fight duration) Butcher about 27k (same duration).

Can somebody maybe give me advises what to do to get more dps? im rly frustrated right now....

i would be rly thankful if i could get some helpful advises

greets

You are meaning "Corruption" while saying "Agony", I assume. Demo has no Agony.

Your opener should include 2 DBs, not one, as you texted.

27k dps is fine. Don't panic if your DPS isn't as broken as you would want.

That's all I can say right now. Give us the logs.

so here are logs from the frist 3 bosses of lfr : kargath, butcher, and brackenspore - its from world of logs so dont be annoyed if my dont see my pet it was active i checked it in skada right now!

- first two fights were about 3 and a half minute ; brackenspore was nearly 5 minutes

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n8n3c6df3h2o63m9/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills

i know that my dps is much to low for my gear so i have to do something wrong and it would be nice if u could help me increasing my dps.

my armory link once again if u dont want to scroll up:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/thrall/Braas/simple

Greets

Edited by Bonez

but why? imp swarm is advised in every guide i read - and it should be used on cd - but still that is not my problem i think .... what do u think am i doing wrong if u look at the logs?

what shell i do i tryed evrything but cant install adobe air so i cant install warcraftlogs....

is there that much difference between world of logs and warcraftlogs? i would alrdy have reuploaded it to warcraftlogs but i cant install it...

but why? imp swarm is advised in every guide i read - and it should be used on cd - but still that is not my problem i think .... what do u think am i doing wrong if u look at the logs?

I have to say the glyph part of the Demo guide on Icy Veins makes Imp Swarm sound sexy.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/demonology-warlock-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents-glyphs

However the rotation part points out it is an overall dps loss. MMO is the same as says that it is an overall dps loss and Zagam's guide in the forums doesn't mention it so where have you been reading Bonez?

Yes it can have burst but the long cool down and loss of a more constant fury makes me not use it.

Edited by spikeysquad

what shell i do i tryed evrything but cant install adobe air so i cant install warcraftlogs....

is there that much difference between world of logs and warcraftlogs? i would alrdy have reuploaded it to warcraftlogs but i cant install it...

World of Logs is outdated and hasn't been updated in quite some time, certainly well before this expansion.  I wouldn't trust numbers from it personally. Plus, Warcraftlogs is a superior site in terms of finding and analyzing information.

Perhaps ask a friend who uses it to upload a log for you to link to?  LFR queues are still incredibly short.

I simed my character with and without Imp Swarm just a few days ago and it was an "eye-opener" tongue.png

800 dps gain from NOT using the imp glyph! And I can safely say that I have more constant fury generation now and can cast more demonbolts during the fights

Edited by Ozbaab

I have to say the glyph part of the Demo guide on Icy Veins makes Imp Swarm sound sexy.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/demonology-warlock-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents-glyphs

However the rotation part points out it is an overall dps loss. MMO is the same as says that it is an overall dps loss and Zagam's guide in the forums doesn't mention it so where have you been reading Bonez?

Yes it can have burst but the long cool down and loss of a more constant fury makes me not use it.

Yeah, I came away with a really positive impression from the guide on that when in reality Imp Swarm is a pretty significant sustained DPS loss.  It should probably be emphasized that there are very few situations (none in Highmaul that I can think of) where going with the Imp glyph is a good idea -- you're spending a glyph that could be used for survivability/utility on something that's going to cut down your DPS. 

The only time I can see it being useful is if you either need burst DPS at the very beginning of a fight, or if it might be required unexpectedly, and this need outweighs the need for sustained.  But burst at the beginning of a fight is pretty much never required, and you can always pool fury and CD's for known burst phases as a Demo lock.

I think Icy Veins should probably emphasize that the default choice should be stay VERY far away from Imp glyph.

Edited by Zinthar