FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Tsulong

During Night phase Sunbeams will spawn on internal circle of area disregarding to boss position. So it is better to have raid standing spread inside internal circle while tanking boss facing away of that area.

During Night phase Sunbeams will spawn on internal circle of area disregarding to boss position. So it is better to have raid standing spread inside internal circle while tanking boss facing away of that area.

Thank you very much!

We found it most useful to assign one healer to focus on dispelling Tsulong (a priest or a shaman that can heal with the dispel) while everyone else dispelled the raid.

Healers should also try to figure out how to maximize their healing buffs on Tsulong within 6 second. Do not spam your Flash Heal equivalent because you only get a 25% mana boost each time the breath happens. When you don't have the sun breath buff, try to keep up a single target healing rotation as much as you can. Refresh all your HoT's before the sun breath buff goes away,

Monk's ability_monk_chicocoon.jpgLife Cocoon helps a lot with all the hots being put onto the boss as well as a priests spell_holy_guardianspirit.jpgGuardian Spirit basically any tank CD that increases healing done, helps immensely.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

Something worth noting, credit to the maintankadin community for the find, and confirmed by my own wologs investigations:

Paladin's Lay on Hands does NOT heal the boss. Your ability will go on CD, the boss will gain forbearance, but no actual healing will occur to Tsulong.

• Like 1

We found it most useful to assign one healer to focus on dispelling Tsulong (a priest or a shaman that can heal with the dispel) while everyone else dispelled the raid.

Healers should also try to figure out how to maximize their healing buffs on Tsulong within 6 second. Do not spam your Flash Heal equivalent because you only get a 25% mana boost each time the breath happens. When you don't have the sun breath buff, try to keep up a single target healing rotation as much as you can. Refresh all your HoT's before the sun breath buff goes away,

Monk's ability_monk_chicocoon.jpgLife Cocoon helps a lot with all the hots being put onto the boss as well as a priests spell_holy_guardianspirit.jpgGuardian Spirit basically any tank CD that increases healing done, helps immensely.

Something worth noting, credit to the maintankadin community for the find, and confirmed by my own wologs investigations:

Paladin's Lay on Hands does NOT heal the boss. Your ability will go on CD, the boss will gain forbearance, but no actual healing will occur to Tsulong.

Thanks guys, I will incorporate both these things into the guide :) (if you can provide a link to the maintankadin thread/post about the issue, I can reference it)

Guest Finn

um, what happens with the Untable Shas that are still up when the transition to night happens? do they still try to reach the boss and 'dmg' him? (actually helping your raid)

um, what happens with the Untable Shas that are still up when the transition to night happens? do they still try to reach the boss and 'dmg' him? (actually helping your raid)

I don't actually know. If someone else does, perhaps they can post. I'll try to see in LFR.

yes the unstable sha's stay alive until they die Posted Image

But what do they do when reaching the boss in the Night Phase?

But what do they do when reaching the boss in the Night Phase?

guess the opposite off what they do during day. It was in LFR i saw it but they quite of died a 2-3sec after night phase started.

Guest Boltar

The unstable Sha's will damage the boss in Day, but they WILL heal the boss in night.

Random Holy Paladin tidbits for those interested:

1) Beacon him immediately upon reaching Day Phase. Any EFs you have rolling on the raid will start trickling into him right away.

2) Divine Favor is extremely powerful since it will reduce your Flash of Light to ~1 sec, allowing you to spam the hell out of him during the 6 second breath buff.

3) Combining DF with Avenging Wrath is a nice little boost and you probably wont need it anywhere lse during the fight.

4) Combining GoAK with the other two is also great, though you can really only use it once on the fight so you need to plan it well.

5) Glyph of Flash of light is a nice boost for Tsulong heals.

6) Stay of Execution can be used twice per day phase, nicely aligned with a breath and other CDs, and does a metric f*ckton of healing to him.

7) Pool your HoPo via tower of radiance and HS prior to a breath, and you can: FoS/EF/FoS/EF during the breath, nicely getting the +10% buff from Flash onto your EFs. If you can save an Infusion of Light proc, you can replace one of the FoS with a DL for added sexytimes.

8) The direct heal component of EF will far outheal the HoT component, so I dont believe it's worth it to get a huge breath-boosted EF HoT ticking and then not overwrite it until the next breath. Since you're spamming (more or less) during this phase anyway, you want to make full use of your mana-free heals.

9) Draenai can use their Gift of the Naaru to do a piddly amount of free healing to him for luls.

I believe most of what I've stated above is accurate and should provide some pretty straightforward ways to max out your heals during his breaths on Day phases, just based on my own logs investigations of the past couple weeks. Hope it's useful, and if i'm wrong anywhere please dont hesitate to point it out!

Cheers,

• Like 1

Bubble doesnt reset EITHER dread shadows or shadow breath stacks. Just had our bear solo tank, he ate the first two breaths. After resetting my stacks, I taunted as a ret pali just before the third breath with unglyphed divine protection. Easy with three healers. Tank retaunted right after and took last/fourth breath. The breath debuff does increase the damage taken from dread shadows, so keep your stacks low. Solo tanking does work.

Edited by Chronos

Bubble doesnt reset EITHER dread shadows or shadow breath stacks. Just had our bear solo tank, he ate the first two breaths. After resetting my stacks, I taunted as a ret pali just before the third breath with unglyphed divine protection. Easy with three healers. Tank retaunted right after and took last/fourth breath. The breath debuff does increase the damage taken from dread shadows, so keep your stacks low. Solo tanking does work.

That's really useful. I will add it to the guide. Thank you!

Imagine this scenario. As Holy Priest, in Serenity Chakra, I cast Renew right before the 6 second buff is about to expire. Since the chakra allows my direct heals to refresh Renew, will the refreshed HoT maintain its 500% increase or go back to the normal healing numbers ?

I would test this myself, but I am on holiday at the moment and no WoW for me until 2013.

Edited by MoacaBogdan

Someone told me from the beginning that your heals dynamically change with the buff, your hots don't snapshot your stats