Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chimera

What am I doing wrong?? Please help!

5 posts in this topic

Hey there everyone, I have been playing Hunter since BC around Gruuls Lair and have loved my class...Until latley

Im not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) I can't compete with the other dps in my guild and am not enjoying playing my hunter for the first time in years.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Chimera/advanced

Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/105255/

My rotation is the exact same as Icy Veins descirbes along with my cooldown priorities.

If there is anything else I need to post let me know and I shall do so...

Thank you in advance for the help and advice, I don't want to give up on my hunter and swap to my Lock but unless something changes that is what is bound to happen, DONT LET THIS HAPPEN FELLOW HUNTERS!

Hey there everyone, I have been playing Hunter since BC around Gruuls Lair and have loved my class...Until latley

Im not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) I can't compete with the other dps in my guild and am not enjoying playing my hunter for the first time in years.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Chimera/advanced

Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/105255/

My rotation is the exact same as Icy Veins descirbes along with my cooldown priorities.

If there is anything else I need to post let me know and I shall do so...

Thank you in advance for the help and advice, I don't want to give up on my hunter and swap to my Lock but unless something changes that is what is bound to happen, DONT LET THIS HAPPEN FELLOW HUNTERS!

Hey there :)

I've looked at your character, and your set-up seems mostly good. You're quite a bit over the Hit cap, though, so there are still ways to improve things a bit. I recommend using http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormreaver/chimera and clicking on Optimize, this will show you what to do. Yes, in your current case it will put you under the Expertise cap slightly, but this is a DPS increase. If you don't like being under-capped, you can click on Options and choose to Force Hit and Expertise caps (last option there).

Looking at your logs, the two most glaring things I've noticed are low uptime of abilities and low overall active time. I looked at your fights against The Stone Guard and Will of the Emperor specifically, and in both cases, your uptime on Serpent Sting was much lower than it should be. There's no excuse for having less than 90% (and in fact, you should probably have 98% and up). Secondly, your uptime on Black Arrow is also lower than it should be. By my calculations, on your Stone Guard kill, you actually missed out on a full minute of possible Black Arrow uptime, which is pretty huge.

Secondly, on The Stone Guard, you had 80% active time. Comparing that to other Survival Hunters on the same fight, they had 99% and up.

The two issues are connected. I don't know what is happening exactly in your case (whether you are lagging a lot or your computer is slow, or what), but it appears that you spend a good chunk of the fight no doing anything. Again, without seeing video footage or so, I can't tell much, but you should always be casting a spell, whether it be Cobra Shot, or dumping excess focus, and you should always keep basically perfect Serpent Sting uptime. Cobra Shot refreshes it so there's really very little reason for it to ever fall off, and having 60% uptime is going to affect your DPS a lot.

Oh also, I saw you only used Kill Shot 3 times on The Stone Guard, when you should have time to use it a lot more than that :)

I hope this helps somewhat, and if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the response!

In regards to uptime last night I was working with around 2k latency and dcing in between fights.

I'm wondering if you can take a look at some logs from previous nights where I was in BM spec to see if there are any glaring issues.

I feel like when comparing my logs to another ranking hunter, the other hunters kill command damage far exceeds mine, but that I feel isn't the only issue.

Thanks again

I'm sorry, but could you point me to some specific logs? I can't actually find you as BM anywhere :)

Tip 1: Raid in Beast Mastery spec.

Tip 2: Hit and Expertise to 7.50% each. Anything over this is overkill and is precious numbers that could be reforged to mastery or crit.

Tip 3: Bring your haste down. Too much haste becomes wasteful as well. Assuming maximum uptime on Dire Beast (should be cast as soon as off CD) focus regen shoudn't be a huge issue.

Tip 4: If Agility is an available enchant for that item slot DO NOT enchant anything else. Especially haste...

Tip 5: Unless the socket bonus is more Agility than gemming would get you, ALWAYS gem Agility.

Tip 6: Have I told you how much to not worry about haste yet?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0