Barbarian Seismic Slam Build with Might of the Earth and Immortal King
Welcome to our build guide for Seismic Slam Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Driven by the potent mixture of the Might of the Earth and Immortal King sets, this Barbarian build shatters the ground with overwhelming Seismic Slam swings, while summons and buffs empower his blade. This tough, sustain damage, visual feast of a build is available in a Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Seismic Slam Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Seismic Slam Permafrost Leap Death from Above 1 Battle Rage Bloodshed 2 War Cry Impunity 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
|Seismic Slam Permafrost Leap Death from Above 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 War Cry Impunity 3 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Seismic Slam Barb is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Eyes of the Earth
- Shoulders: Spires of the Earth
- Gloves: Pull of the Earth
- Chest: Immortal King's Eternal Reign
- Belt: Immortal King's Tribal Binding
- Pants: Weight of the Earth
- Boots: Foundation of the Earth
- Bracers: Bracers of Destruction
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Band of Might (or Convention of Elements in Season 16)
- Weapon: Immortal King's Boulder Breaker
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Fury of the Vanished Peak
- Armor Slot: Fury of the Ancients
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Band of Might in Season 16)
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Feb. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- 28 Feb. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 28 Feb. 2018 (speed farming variant page): Added the guide.
- 28 Feb. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)