Crusader Akkhan Bombardment Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Bombardment Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
After the introduction of a 7th set piece, the already versatile Akkhan set expands its utility further with the ability to add another set in the mix. The strength of this change shines the most in this dedicated Death's Breath farming build, along with an option to progress into Greater Rifts with a few gear swaps. This mobile, burst damage playstyle is available in both regular Rift farming and Greater Rift solo progression variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Bombardment Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Bombardment Barrels of Spikes Steed Charge Spiked Barding 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Condemn Vacuum 3 Iron Skin Reflective Skin 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Bombardment Barrels of Spikes Steed Charge Spiked Barding 1 Consecration Bed of Nails 2 Condemn Vacuum 3 Iron Skin Reflective Skin 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Bombardment Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Sage's Purchase
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Belt: Belt of the Trove
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan
- Boots: Sage's Passage
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Talisman of Akkhan
- Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon: Flail of the Charge
- Offhand: Shield of the Steed
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Boyarsky's Chip
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Powerful
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: In-geom
- Armor Slot: Leoric's Crown
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Avarice Band in Season 16)
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but don't necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 02 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)