Demon Hunter Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Build
Welcome to our build guide for Shadow/Marauder FoK Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the longest suffering sets in RoS, The Shadows Mantle received a full-blown rework in Patch 2.4 that aimed to propel it into endgame viability, as well as to introduce a new flavor to Demon Hunters. Mixed in with a Demon Hunter staple, the Marauder set, it creates a unique melee assassination playstyle that is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Bolas Freezing Strike Fan of Knives Pinpoint Accuracy 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Smoke Screen Vanishing Powder 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Marked for Death Valley of Death|
|Impale Impact Fan of Knives Pinpoint Accuracy 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Action Shot 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Marauder's Visage
- Shoulders: The Shadow's Burden
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: Zoey's Secret
- Pants: The Shadow's Coil
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Stone of Jordan
- Weapon: Lord Greenstone's Fan
- Offhand: Holy Point Shot
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but don't necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 17 Jan. 2018 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): No major changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)