LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
The Spirit Barrage LoN build is a capable speed farming build — only suffering on unfavorable long distance layouts or bounties, where a Manajuma-based build is able to outrun it to the destination.
|Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize Horrify Stalker 1 Piranhas Piranhado 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
The following skill selection alterations will be necessary:
- Since you will not be needing the damage multiplication of Ring of Emptiness in regular Rifts and low GRs (overkill of damage), you will swap out Haunt and Locust Swarm from the base build for speed-oriented choices like Horrify Stalker and Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts. The latter will be paired with Fierce Loyalty in your passives for extra speed, replacing the unneeded Creeping Death.
- Changing the rune of Soul Harvest from the defensive Languish into the speed-oriented Soul to Waste.
The timing mechanics of Convention of Elements are unfit for speedruns; you should use Rechel's Ring of Larceny instead. Rechel's Ring of Larceny will greatly increase your movement speed after Fearing an enemy, a bonus you can take advantage at will with the inclusion of Horrify in the build.
Exchange the extra damage of the progression-oriented The Witching Hour for Goldwrap; paired with an Avarice Band and gemmed Boon of the Hoarder, this belt will render you practically invulnerable while farming.
In speed runs, taking down Champions and Rift Guardians no longer requires chewing through a near-insurmountable wall of health like in high Greater Rift progression. Thus, you can take off Bane of the Stricken for Boon of the Hoarder (in normal Rifts) or Bane of the Powerful (in lower GRs).
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In lower tier difficulties, chaining elite kills in the matter of seconds will not be uncommon. As such, In-geom will provide the biggest boon in your weapon Cube slot by practically nullifying all your vital cooldowns ( Spirit Walk, Piranhado).
If you choose to slot Boon of the Hoarder in your sockets while running regular Rifts, your biggest source of survivability easily becomes Goldwrap. This belt renders you practically invulnerable as long as you maintain your killing streak and pick up the streaks of gold from the gem. In lower tier GRs, simply swap this slot back to Lakumba's Ornament.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire