Monk Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Build With Exploding Palm
Welcome to our build guide for Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Uliana's Stratagem set puts one of the coolest looking Monk skills — Seven-Sided Strike — in the Greater Rifting spotlight, along with the helpful push of the class trademark, Exploding Palm. This high burst, AoE centric playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
The basic skill setup of the Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Exploding Palm Impending Doom 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 3 Seven-Sided Strike Sustained Attack 4 Cyclone Strike Implosion|
|Way of the Hundred Fists Blazing Fists Exploding Palm Impending Doom 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 3 Seven-Sided Strike Sustained Attack 4 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation|
The required gear setup for the Uliana Seven-Sided Strike Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Uliana's Spirit
- Shoulders: Uliana's Strength
- Gloves: Uliana's Fury
- Chest: Uliana's Heart
- Belt: Binding of the Lost
- Pants: Uliana's Burden
- Boots: Uliana's Destiny
- Bracers: Gungdo Gear
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon: The Fist of Az'Turrasq
- Offhand: Lion's Claw
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (speed farming variant page): Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Replaced Lefebvre's Soliloquy with Spirit Guards as the cubed armor piece.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor revisions to the guide to reflect the 2.6.1 buffs.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Kanai cube: Reroll legendary that has missing affix
- Support Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Support Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Dentist Build
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon