Necromancer Support Build With Pestilence
Welcome to our build guide for Support Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
Specifically created to accommodate the steep resource needs of Rathma Skeletal Mage Necromancers in GR speed runs, the Support Necromancer has become a staple in the Paragon farming meta. This health globe generating, crowd control-heavy build is strictly multiplayer oriented, a zero DPS spec that plays part of a composition with other damage dealing party members.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Support Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Death Nova Blight Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 3 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 4 Frailty Aura of Frailty|
2.2. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Support Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Pestilence Defense
- Gloves: Pestilence Gloves
- Chest: Born's Frozen Soul
- Belt: Vigilante Belt
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Halcyon's Ascent
- Ring 1: Oculus Ring
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon: Born's Furious Wrath
- Offhand: Stormshield
2.3. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 2: Iceblink
- Legendary Gem 3: Gem of Efficacious Toxin
2.4. Kanai's Cube
3. Role in the Current Meta
The build is strictly meant for group Greater Rifting, as it entirely revolves on supporting DPS party members and deals no damage on its own. In meta terms, the Support Necromancer is a highly desirable build in any Greater Rift speedfarm party based around Rathma Necromancers.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added the guide.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds